Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Getting things off my chest...

Ok, I''m new to this site so, hello.

I have a few things to get off my chest. Firstly, gutted that Keane is now Ipswich manager, but good luck to him, and them. I think he''ll do very well for them. With Keane and the money they should be in the Premiership within three years. They have Keane, we have Gunn, brilliant. Appointing Gunn showed our amibition, or lack of it. The setup we have at the club now screams league one football: Gunn (no experience), Butterworth (lower league assistant), Crook (Australian football coach), Deehan (lower league scout).

One thing I hate about having Gunn in charge is how we are all now meant to worship him. Ok, so he played several hundred games for us, so what. I read in a local newspaper recently how we are all meant to look upto the Gunn family as a "model family". I''m already part of a model family thank you, I''m sure many other people are too. Please don''t think I''m speaking out of jealousy, I''m not. I''m speaking out of complete and utter frustration. Gunn cannot cut it as manager, he is struggling in my opinion. Yesterday when we released our new kit we had our players modelling it, as well as Gunn''s daughter. Would Roy Keane have his daughter modelling the new Ipswich kit, or the Sunderland kit, probably not. It''s a bit of a desperate attempt to get her some publicity. It''s all just a bit naff!!!!!!

I believe we will go down this season, we deserve it, they deserve it. We are getting out of this season exactly what we put into it. I''m sick to death of excuses from the likes of Neil Doncaster and Roger ''The Puppet'' Munby. If we did survive they would all celebrate as if they knew all along we wouldn''t go down, yet I can bet you anything you like that it''s squeeky bum time at Carrow Road at the moment. I hate to say this but I''m sick of this football club really. I pay my hard earned money every year to watch Norwich play home and away, yet I get nothing back. Instead I get Bryan Gunn and a bunch of players who don''t belong to us.

I think Gunn will stay whatever happens, but Roy Keane being appointed down the road at Ipswich just shows up even more that we are heading in the wrong direction, with Gunn at the helm. If Keane was our manager going into the final two games I would believe that we could stay up, but with Gunn I can only see one outcome.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

Ok, I''m new to this site so, hello.

I have a few things to get off my chest. Firstly, gutted that Keane is now Ipswich manager, but good luck to him, and them. I think he''ll do very well for them. With Keane and the money they should be in the Premiership within three years. They have Keane, we have Gunn, brilliant. Appointing Gunn showed our amibition, or lack of it. The setup we have at the club now screams league one football: Gunn (no experience), Butterworth (lower league assistant), Crook (Australian football coach), Deehan (lower league scout).

One thing I hate about having Gunn in charge is how we are all now meant to worship him. Ok, so he played several hundred games for us, so what. I read in a local newspaper recently how we are all meant to look upto the Gunn family as a "model family". I''m already part of a model family thank you, I''m sure many other people are too. Please don''t think I''m speaking out of jealousy, I''m not. I''m speaking out of complete and utter frustration. Gunn cannot cut it as manager, he is struggling in my opinion. Yesterday when we released our new kit we had our players modelling it, as well as Gunn''s daughter. Would Roy Keane have his daughter modelling the new Ipswich kit, or the Sunderland kit, probably not. It''s a bit of a desperate attempt to get her some publicity. It''s all just a bit naff!!!!!!

I believe we will go down this season, we deserve it, they deserve it. We are getting out of this season exactly what we put into it. I''m sick to death of excuses from the likes of Neil Doncaster and Roger ''The Puppet'' Munby. If we did survive they would all celebrate as if they knew all along we wouldn''t go down, yet I can bet you anything you like that it''s squeeky bum time at Carrow Road at the moment. I hate to say this but I''m sick of this football club really. I pay my hard earned money every year to watch Norwich play home and away, yet I get nothing back. Instead I get Bryan Gunn and a bunch of players who don''t belong to us.

I think Gunn will stay whatever happens, but Roy Keane being appointed down the road at Ipswich just shows up even more that we are heading in the wrong direction, with Gunn at the helm. If Keane was our manager going into the final two games I would believe that we could stay up, but with Gunn I can only see one outcome.

[/quote]

Welcome to the board, reading the above you should fit right in!

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

What has Keane actually done as a manager, apart from rise to the Premiership on a sea of money ?
[/quote]

He''s done a damn sight more than Bryan Gunn. It may not be Gunn''s fault that we are in this mess, but he had plenty of time to get us out of it.

TBh i''m not sure Keane spent loads of money to get Sunderland promoted.

It was only once in the Premier League that he spent a fortune!

I think you may well be right there but the main point I suppose being that he had a great deal more resources behind him which helped considerably. Something we don''t seem to have sadly.

As usual posters pick on the post that doesnt refer to our club... how about someone responding to his thoughts on Gunn.

Its quite easy looking at and saying that Keane isnt experienced. Well what the hell is gunn?

If the money is there why not spend it. This is something even Wenger has failed at doing which is the reasons they haven''t won anything since 2005. I would far rather have Keane than Gunn.

According to Wikipedia Keane only spent £6.2 million in the title winning season...though admittedly there were a lot of undisclosed, so add maybe 4/5 million more, it''s still less than Magilton spent.And one of the main reasons he left Sunderland was because he thought he had taken them as far as he could and had become pretty P''d off with not being able to get the players he wanted because their WAGS didn''t want to move there. Ipswich is near London and Essex so I can''t see that being a problem...I know it''s only hating because he''s with Ipswich but there''s no denying he did a great job. The crazy amount of money he spent came whilst they were in the prem and probably evened itself out with the prem money and tv money anyway...all or nothing.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]If the money is there why not spend it. This is something even Wenger has failed at doing which is the reasons they haven''t won anything since 2005. I would far rather have Keane than Gunn.[/quote]yeah ok. spend plenty of money, but for 80m in transfer fees do you think he has given sunderland 80m in revenue? noas far as im concerned, good luck to him as he will spend big and may not achieve. but to say he is a great manager is rubbish. and as for experience, his first club was sunderland, it was a gamble.Gunn is a gamble for us but he is disadvantaged as there is no money for him unlike the "X" million  that keane had to build sunderland.

Erm if you dont mind, saying Gunn has done "nothing for us"? How long has he been in charge and what squad of players was he given? I feel we are a better team under him, as with any manager, you have to give him some time. The championship is so up and down, if we stay up then we shall see his worth, and if we go down it will also be a test to his management skills to keep a firm squad with some championship standard players. If we go down, i feel that Cody McDonald will be one of the leagues top scorers and Gunn bought him. Lets just see shall we before we start saying he has done nothing at the club.. i feel since he has been here, he has been rewriting Roeders wrong-doings!

[quote user="matt8"]Erm if you dont mind, saying Gunn has done "nothing for us"? How long has he been in charge and what squad of players was he given? I feel we are a better team under him, as with any manager, you have to give him some time. The championship is so up and down, if we stay up then we shall see his worth, and if we go down it will also be a test to his management skills to keep a firm squad with some championship standard players. If we go down, i feel that Cody McDonald will be one of the leagues top scorers and Gunn bought him. Lets just see shall we before we start saying he has done nothing at the club.. i feel since he has been here, he has been rewriting Roeders wrong-doings![/quote]How is he going to manage that with no money and half a squad of championship players?

Haha binner alert? maybe... Another Norwich fan who seems to think we could have afforded a better manager than Gunn defo. I dunno what people expect Gunn to do in such a short amount of time. It would have been hard for ANY manager taking over when Gunn did... But... who am I to say... I know you guys just like to have a moan and stab whenever possible...  I don''t know what you lot expect on the situation we are in... we have no money, we need an investor... it''s a waste of time explaining it all... it''s boring and it won''t matter what anyone says.

In the summer of 2007, Keanes'' Sunderland were one of europes'' top 10 spending clubs.  It took them until January to get 20 Premiership points in that season.http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=498321&&cc=5739Good luck binners, keep your wallets close...

The OP is just venting, like we all need to vent. He has a point about getting out what we put in. The board put in fuk all, we will get fuk all. So when we are relegated Monday night, I know where my anger will be directed.

[quote user="BlueJam"]The OP is just venting, like we all need to vent. He has a point about getting out what we put in. The board put in * all, we will get * all. So when we are relegated Monday night, I know where my anger will be directed.[/quote]They allocated the club the 8th largest budget in the league, including 2 million of their own cash.  But they got the personnel wrong.

[quote user="missing in action"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1091929/Lets-hope-Ipswich-got-deep-pockets--Sportsmails-verdict-80m-Sunderland-transfer-record-raspberry-Roy.htmlsure? [/quote]F*cking hell! How orange is Keane in that picture???

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Nuff Said"]F*cking hell! How orange is Keane in that picture???[/quote]Nah! He''s just a lemon![/quote]Let''s hope he leaves a sour taste in the mouths of the binners