Sign in to follow this  
bradley11

OT: King's Lynn FC

Just read that they are most likely going to be demoted from the Blue Square North for not having a good enough ground! Personally I feel their ground is far better than some of the sides in that league, and see the fact they are the only team to have the penalty awarded is harsh. For example, Farsley Celtic, in my opinion again, does not match up to Kings Lynn. http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/snapshots__farsley_celtic_.html

[quote user="bradley11"]Just read that they are most likely going to be demoted from the Blue Square North for not having a good enough ground! Personally I feel their ground is far better than some of the sides in that league, and see the fact they are the only team to have the penalty awarded is harsh. For example, Farsley Celtic, in my opinion again, does not match up to Kings Lynn.

http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/snapshots__farsley_celtic_.html
[/quote]

It has been announced today and they have 14 days to appeal. I find it incredible as the Walks has been subjected to an awful lot of redevelopment in recent years.

its just another consiperacy to destroy Norfolk football, i  think there scared of shuan turner at the norfolk fa, so are trying to demote kings lynn, and screw norwich by giving us dodgy refs!!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;)

I hope they win the appeal (I''m sure they''ll lodge one!)It will be a huge shame if they are demoted because of something as pathetic as that

[quote user="ncfc90"]Apparently they need to spend 250k or something to get it up to scratch. Oh Dear.[/quote]That money has already been promised by KL & West Norfolk Borough Council:-“This included setting aside a budget of £250,000 to carry out works to

increase the size of the changing rooms and to provide officials''

changing rooms and a medical room for players. This sum also included

an upgrade to the floodlighting. The smaller items were to be carried

out by KLFC themselves including improving signage, adding two extra

turnstiles and providing additional room in the dug-outs.”

Apparently work was supposed to have started by the 1st of April but this has not transpired.  All indications were that the council had intended to have work completed by the start of the new season but this (in the eyes of the conference) is too late.  To me it seems like a breakdown in communication between the the clubs board, the borough council and the conference.  Someone at the club was obviously not aware of this deadline and hadn''t stressed it''s importance to the powers that be at the council..You''d have thought that the KL board would have been particularly careful with issues like this.  Especially as Lynn''s old rivals Cambridge City, suffered a similar fate last year....