Sign in to follow this  
SNAP

The differences between us and Ipswich - all in a week!

The differences between us and Ipswich have never been more sharply brought into focus than in the past week.

* They beat in the derby with a team that has received investment.

* Two days spent with my son on trial at their training facility at Playford Road shows where they have invested. Colney is a palace – Playford Road is practical. Playford Road has a canteen – Colney has a players’ restaurant and conservatory.

* They recognise the need for a top class Chief Executive. They go out and appoint one.

* Even after a derby victory they see that their manager is not cutting the mustard. They sack him. Our board takes months to dither to the same conclusion. Not once but three times.

* 24 hours later they have a top class replacement in post. We spend weeks looking for the cheapest alternative.

I take no joy in watching these developments but I do question the priorities of our board. How long before Delia announces that when she said we should follow the Ipswich Model. That’s if she every has anything else to say…….

It''s the management appointments that make or break clubs.  Keane has no special place for Ipswich in his heart, will treat it as a chance to salvage his career, which could end if it goes badly.  As far as shopping is concerned, the man is the love child of Posh Spice and Imelda Marcos - Marcus Evans will be living in a shoe-box by the time Keane has finished assembling his team.

Hmm, I would suggest he can only spend what he is given by Evans...[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''s the management appointments that make or break clubs.  Keane has no special place for Ipswich in his heart, will treat it as a chance to salvage his career, which could end if it goes badly.  As far as shopping is concerned, the man is the love child of Posh Spice and Imelda Marcos - Marcus Evans will be living in a shoe-box by the time Keane has finished assembling his team.[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Hmm, I would suggest he can only spend what he is given by Evans...[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''s the management appointments that make or break clubs.  Keane has no special place for Ipswich in his heart, will treat it as a chance to salvage his career, which could end if it goes badly.  As far as shopping is concerned, the man is the love child of Posh Spice and Imelda Marcos - Marcus Evans will be living in a shoe-box by the time Keane has finished assembling his team.[/quote][/quote]Even better - I don''t believe that particular Irish firebrand has the people skills to manage a team of journeymen, hoofers, and underacheivers.  He bought a low-end Premiership team for the Championship, that''s how Sunderland got promoted.

I''m no fan of our current board and the mess this club is currently in, however the Ipswich model is certainely not one to be lauded. An owner who never appears in public and who''s investment still has something of the mystery about it. A new manager with a proven track record as a headcase, who needs lots of money to suceed. To be honest and i''m not just saying this because I hate them lot down the A140, but I would be pretty concered if I was an Ipswich fan. I do wonder in 2 years if things don''t go to plan and Ipswich are still a Championship club what state they are going to be in and I wouldn''t be at all surprised if it ends in tears.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''s the management appointments that make or break clubs.  Keane has no special place for Ipswich in his heart, will treat it as a chance to salvage his career, which could end if it goes badly.  As far as shopping is concerned, the man is the love child of Posh Spice and Imelda Marcos - Marcus Evans will be living in a shoe-box by the time Keane has finished assembling his team.[/quote]And Norwich will be playing in one by the time the board decide Gunn has had enough time.

[quote user="SNAP"]

The differences between us and Ipswich have never been more sharply brought into focus than in the past week.

* Two days spent with my son on trial at their training facility at Playford Road shows where they have invested. Colney is a palace – Playford Road is practical. Playford Road has a canteen – Colney has a players’ restaurant and conservatory.

* They recognise the need for a top class Chief Executive. They go out and appoint one.

* Even after a derby victory they see that their manager is not cutting the mustard. They sack him. Our board takes months to dither to the same conclusion. Not once but three times.

* 24 hours later they have a top class replacement in post. We spend weeks looking for the cheapest alternative.

I take no joy in watching these developments but I do question the priorities of our board. How long before Delia announces that when she said we should follow the Ipswich Model. That’s if she every has anything else to say…….

[/quote]Only time will tell whether or not this is a good appointment for the blues, yet you are happy to assume to worst.Load of old subjective drivel if you ask me, get behind the team.

[quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]f**k ipshlt who gives A............CITY TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would rather be were we are now then even think about supporting ipshit