Sign in to follow this  
ncfc90

National Express

Are just a joke, the day we play Charlton, they''re doing enigineering on the line, meaning you pretty much have to get a train from Norwich to Stowmarket, a bus from Stowmarket to Ipswich, a train from Ipswich to Ingatestone (WHO???) then a bus from Ingatestone to Liverpool Street ahhhhhhhhhhh

There''s always been engineering works on the Norwich to London line on a Sunday and probably always will be...

We have had to travel via London-Cambridge-Norwich since early February for home games due to the engineering works. Maybe one day they will finish.....

If you get in a four and buy separate tickets you can do the journey for £16.50 each return.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Are just a joke, the day we play Charlton, they''re doing enigineering on the line, meaning you pretty much have to get a train from Norwich to Stowmarket, a bus from Stowmarket to Ipswich, a train from Ipswich to Ingatestone (WHO???) then a bus from Ingatestone to Liverpool Street ahhhhhhhhhhh
[/quote]

It is not National Express - it is their maintenance contractors.  They need line occupation and Sunday affects people less than M-F in terms of commuters (not football fans).

Assuming you want tracks carrying people at quite high speeds maintained that is....................

Yeh I was planning on going by train but there is no way i am messing about changing from coaches to trains. I know for London trains if you buy them a month of two before you can get two singles for £12. Why two singles is cheaper than a return I will never really understand

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Are just a joke, the day we play Charlton, they''re doing enigineering on the line, meaning you pretty much have to get a train from Norwich to Stowmarket, a bus from Stowmarket to Ipswich, a train from Ipswich to Ingatestone (WHO???) then a bus from Ingatestone to Liverpool Street ahhhhhhhhhhh[/quote]

It is not National Express - it is their maintenance contractors.  They need line occupation and Sunday affects people less than M-F in terms of commuters (not football fans).

Assuming you want tracks carrying people at quite high speeds maintained that is....................

[/quote]High speeds? Are you kidding me, National Express, One, One Anglia, Anglia Railways, whatever the guise has to be one of the worst train providers in the country.  Running trains from the 1970s, maybe that''s slightly unfair, and a line that must take 1000''s of people to work each day.  Pathetic.

If you do want to get the train, here''s the details

(a) Buy separate tickets from Norwich to Cambridge and from Cambridge to London as you will save a few quid as opposed to buying all the way from Norwich to London
(b) Change at Ely
(c) Get three friends to make up a four - should reduce the cost to £16.50

The mainline is shut between Stowemarket and Ipswich, and again between Ilford and Liverpool St., so unless you have a bus fetish I''d avoid that route. Your best bet is to go via Ely and Cambridge into Kings Cross.

Norwich 09:15
Ely 10:19

Ely 10:58
Kings Cross 12:08

That''s cutting it a little fine, but is the first train of the day out of Norwich via that route. Unless you''re prepared to drive so far and then catch a train, club cabbage almost looks like a good bet for this game!

well i am prepared to drive all the way to Charlton if someone has a ticket i could buy of them or perhaps exchange a (spare) ticket for free travel via ME!!!!!