Sign in to follow this  
alex field

life after the loans

so it seems very unlikely hux or harper will stay on after milwall away, crouch is a possibility, any ideas who we bring in?

Micheal Chopra from newcastle proved last year that he could cut it in the 1st division with a very average watford side, so give some decent service could probably do a job for us, also the gunners have got some good young talent coming through. Perhaps setting my sights a bit low maybe.

I still hope we can keep hold of crouch til the end of the season.

Keep it low

There is a lot of Talent out there..like Chadwick at Everton... some prem sides would be glad to off load some players for a few months to help them get back to fitness, form or whatever.

I am not convinced Hucks is the answer, Crouch is. Harper would be a good buy, but will we

What about Tresabor Lamano Lua Lua??? I surgested him before we got huckerby, he is not as good but could do a similar job. How about the team below if we can keep crouchy.

Green

Briggs Mackay Fleming Drury

Edworthy Mulryne Francis Mcveigh

Rivers Crouch

If City are looking for a replacement striker once Huckerby has departed, how about Clinton Morrison? He seems to be behind Forssell, Dugarry and Stern John at the moment. Or how about raiding Manchester again but this time bringing in Jon Macken, a proven goalscorer at first division level. These options seem better than doing another ''Elvis'' and bringing in a player who hasn''t scored goals in a first team. Nick Chadwick, as promising as he may be, hasn''t had enough first team football to warrant playing for a first division club with so much to play for. I don''t think a young lad like that should have that extra pressure.

If money is tight and we cannot find a suitable loan player to replace Huckerby and Harper then why not give the youngsters a chance.

I agree with most of Meders team but mine would be a blend of experience and youth

Green

Holt Fleming Shackell Drury

Edworthy Mulryne Francis McVeigh

Henderson Crouch

Subs, Crichton, Jarvis, Roberts, Sinclair, Rivers.

The problem is that we need to find someone who can score goals and could be here for the rest of the year, at least. If, say, we get to mid December, Huckerby heads back and we get another mid to late 20s striker in to replace him on loan, we''d then only have that player until mid-March. If we''re mounting a serious promotion challenge we need consistency in our starting line-up, making Worthy''s next foray into the transfer market a make-or-break one. He''s got most decisions about right so far this season, so I''m confident he knows what to do when our three months of fun is up.