Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Quite interesting...

I cannot find a quote to that effect in that article ?!?

Do not see how it would be relevant anyway - us and Soton are in totally different situations, and obviously the vultures will be sniffing around them at the moment.

The fact that someone is prepared to buy an insolvent club in administration for peanuts hardly has a bearing on NCFC, unless, of course, you adhere to Wiz''s masterplan.

The most recent news from the Administrators is that two serious contenders (which I think are both consortiums) are going through the club books - the Administrator is looking for around £15-17m but of course any buyer will have to sort out the debt, estimated at around £30m, on top of that and hope to do a deal with Barclays/Aviva to wipe some of it off.

There is no reason to believe that the people interested in saving Saints are ''general football'' investors rather than Southampton based businesmeen.  As such the fact that SFC might receive new investment in this way has no bearing on whether NCFC could.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The most recent news from the Administrators is that two serious contenders (which I think are both consortiums) are going through the club books - the Administrator is looking for around £15-17m but of course any buyer will have to sort out the debt, estimated at around £30m, on top of that and hope to do a deal with Barclays/Aviva to wipe some of it off.

[/quote]

But that''s £47m! That''s ridiculous. If the Administrator cared about the club he''d give it away for nothing!

Why would the administrator care about the club????

They are an independently appointed company whose only interest is in trying to get as many of the creditors paid as much of the money they are owed as possible.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

They are an independently appointed company whose only interest is in trying to get as many of the creditors paid as much of the money they are owed as possible.

[/quote]

It was an attempt at ironic humour given the usual reaction to the supposed £56m price tag for City. Clearly not a very good one!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

It was an attempt at ironic humour given the usual reaction to the supposed £56m price tag for City. Clearly not a very good one!

[/quote]

LOL sorry Beau, this week of reading nonsense on this board has clearly sapped my irony detection!

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL sorry Beau, this week of reading nonsense on this board has clearly sapped my irony detection!

[/quote]

I think we''re all in the same boat mate! If I see one more thread relating to or started by Wiz I may spontaneously combust[:D]