Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I suggest...

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]The tide is defiently turning. I might of clapped Delia at the end of the Ipswich game but that doesn''t mean I am all for her. I clapped because of what she has done in the past. In the present and the future, however she obviously isn''t the answer. I agree that she hasn''t done enough about looking for potential investors, as in keeping high share prices to try and fend potential investors i.e. a certain Mr Cullum but this is only down to the fact that this is a big part of her life and I only imagine it would be tough for her to reduce how much of a impact and imput she has on the daily goings on at the club. It isn''t her singular, it''s the board collectively that have put us in this predicament. We need someone with fresh ideas, fresh ambition and all importantly, fresh money. If she feels that the Investors lack any of these qualities, then being a supporter that only wants the best for the club and has put us in the position we are in, i.e. not bankrupt, then she is entitled to her opinion and she knows who would be able to keep the club stable, aswell as making us into a prominent side after a majority of time. I''m happy that she hasn''t sold it to any Tom, Dick or Harry, because it shows she still cares.[/quote]

Top post. Bit disappointed you applauded Delia though. Oh and I dont think Tom, Dick or Harry could do any worse than Delia, Roger or Neil.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

CT the time for protest and making feelings known have been and gone a long time ago.  How many people boycotted?  We did, how many people had a pop at Doomy?  We did that too, how many people have written to the club and voiced concerns, we did.

We were all up for a protest, but sadly there aren''t enough of us to make it effective enough.  It''s very sad, but most fans are happy with where the club is and where it will be next season.

[/quote]

I''m not having a direct pop at you 49, but renewing season tickets, however loyal it made fans feel, has sent the wrong message, again, to the board!

City fans have the club they deserve.

[/quote]

Yes we do, and for those of us who are true NC fans we will still be supporting them whatever league we are in.  I support the team and the club I/ we have loved for 60+ years between us two.  Without the fans there would be no club, end of story.

So if no one renewed do you honestly think the club would survive on crowds of 10,00 to 12,000.  It did years ago, but we were in a better financial position then and not going through a heavy recession.

So what are your suggestions because I haven''t seen many fans come up with realistic suggestions yet.

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol

[/quote]

Look, I''ve been a supporter for 52 years, and as a member, I can still go to games like you, in fact, I pay more for a match ticket, does that make me more of a fan than you?...........of course not.

But I won''t be conned by this board into match ticket deadline crap...........I just won''t!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

CT the time for protest and making feelings known have been and gone a long time ago.  How many people boycotted?  We did, how many people had a pop at Doomy?  We did that too, how many people have written to the club and voiced concerns, we did.

We were all up for a protest, but sadly there aren''t enough of us to make it effective enough.  It''s very sad, but most fans are happy with where the club is and where it will be next season.

[/quote]

I''m not having a direct pop at you 49, but renewing season tickets, however loyal it made fans feel, has sent the wrong message, again, to the board!

[/quote]

Yes we do, and for those of us who are true NC fans we will still be supporting them whatever league we are in.  I support the team and the club I/ we have loved for 60+ years between us two.  Without the fans there would be no club, end of story.

So if no one renewed do you honestly think the club would survive on crowds of 10,00 to 12,000.  It did years ago, but we were in a better financial position then and not going through a heavy recession.

So what are your suggestions because I haven''t seen many fans come up with realistic suggestions yet.

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol

[/quote]

Look, I''ve been a supporter for 52 years, and as a member, I can still go to games like you, in fact, I pay more for a match ticket, does that make me more of a fan than you?...........of course not.

But I won''t be conned by this board into match ticket deadline crap...........I just won''t!

[/quote]

Yet you are still supporting the regime like we are, you PAY for membership and you PAY for tickets.  I''m sorry mate but I don''t see what your argument is, or that you have a leg to stand on by attacking the ST holders, you are just as guilty as the rest of us.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="CT "]Well if we lose on Monday and that relegates us I will definitely start a few chants of ''sack the board''....

whether anyone else does is a different matter
[/quote]

Well I will not join your chants and that is for certain. You seem to be incapable of realising that in these difficult times financially there is just no alternative to Delia. There is no money about and with tax rates rising to 50% for the so-called rich even less this week than there was last week. The Government is even on its knees offering you £2,000 to please, please buy a new car!

Have you thought that since the budget virtually every decent professional footballer will be paying tax at 50% with no personal allowances .....that is the level of the so called rich these days!.

We are very lucky to have Delia and her husband supporting NCFC and putting £11 million in the kitty and if you can think of a alternative "lets be having you" instead of complaining all the time..

On the ball City!

[/quote]

You''re not wrong Bobert. Delia is far from expendable given the current financial climate. But even before the recession the clubs money was still being horribly mis-spent. We will go down this season, and it will be purely down to the fact that we failed to spend adequate money to bring in the right quality of players. The money was there but it was horribly mis-spent on of field assets. The team came second under prudence. Delia and the board created prudence, prudence killed the club. If that isnt the boards fault then whos fault is it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yet you are still supporting the regime like we are, you PAY for membership and you PAY for tickets.  I''m sorry mate but I don''t see what your argument is, or that you have a leg to stand on by attacking the ST holders, you are just as guilty as the rest of us.

[/quote]

Not once this seasons ended I''m not!.............however...................[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not once this seasons ended I''m not!.............however...................[:|]

[/quote]

So after this season you will no longer attend games, nor pay for a membership?  Well that is up to you, each to their own. [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So after this season you will no longer attend games, nor pay for a membership?  Well that is up to you, each to their own. [:D]

[/quote]

If Smith sells up, I will sign up to the forms I have sitting here, if not, well, you know the rest.[:|]

[quote user="CT "]a protest if we go down after the reading game.

There are other people who feel like me that the cook has had her time and that they havent done enough to look for a buyer.

''SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD''

Its time to face facts, they have not been anywhere near good enough.

Instead of bitching about them on an interent m/b  show your displeasure!
[/quote]

10000% agree. IF we lose and are relegated - see you on carrow road

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]The tide is defiently turning. I might of clapped Delia at the end of the Ipswich game but that doesn''t mean I am all for her. I clapped because of what she has done in the past. In the present and the future, however she obviously isn''t the answer. I agree that she hasn''t done enough about looking for potential investors, as in keeping high share prices to try and fend potential investors i.e. a certain Mr Cullum but this is only down to the fact that this is a big part of her life and I only imagine it would be tough for her to reduce how much of a impact and imput she has on the daily goings on at the club. It isn''t her singular, it''s the board collectively that have put us in this predicament. We need someone with fresh ideas, fresh ambition and all importantly, fresh money. If she feels that the Investors lack any of these qualities, then being a supporter that only wants the best for the club and has put us in the position we are in, i.e. not bankrupt, then she is entitled to her opinion and she knows who would be able to keep the club stable, aswell as making us into a prominent side after a majority of time. I''m happy that she hasn''t sold it to any Tom, Dick or Harry, because it shows she still cares.[/quote]

Top post. Bit disappointed you applauded Delia though. Oh and I dont think Tom, Dick or Harry could do any worse than Delia, Roger or Neil.

[/quote]

Well imagine if Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal took over our club instead of QPR. Everyone thought it would be fantastic news. Initially they spalshed the cash and bought in some very good players for this level. But since then, they haven''t reached the hype that surronded them being the "richest club in the world". They have four different managers at the helm since there time as owners, which has been suicidal. What kind of message does this send to fellow Managers that they are interested in? They are struggling to entice top managers to the club due to this, even though they have potentially "alot of money". Would you be happy that the board had an influence in team selection? Would you be happy to pay £32 to see Norwich v Derby, an average second division match in times of recession?  I think most of your answers would be "No".

You can see that this board we currently have are incompetent in most areas of running this football club. They way they have gone about bringing in managers has been rather shocking. Take for example Bryan Gunn, a legend at this club who has a burning desire to do well here, but he lacks experience at this key time of the season. I dont not blame Bryan, because if I had been given that oppotunity, it would be hard ro refuse. Bryan has been made somewhat of a Scapegoat by the board. Was a rather clever decision by the board, because with his appointment this would keep the fans happy, aswell as knowing the fans, club and the history of the club inside out, but you can''t hide the fact that he was the cheap option. I was wary at the time of this, because in the situation that we were in, and we still are in, we needed and still need an experienced manager that has been in firstly been in a relegation scrap, and if the worst was to happen, i.e we were to go down, then someone who has expierence of promotion. Gunn has neither of these. I would keep him on at the club, in a director of football role whatever happens at the end of the season, but I''m still not sure he is the right man. Obviously the squad that has been assembled was Roeder''s but at the time he was part of the player requipment process, which means that he might of been involved in either scouting players and giving Roeder advice on who would be available or just involved in the actual transfer procedure, and not involved in identifiying players. I sincerly hope it''s the latter, because this would show that he would be incapable of seeing a decent players, due to the rubbish Roeder signed. I do think it is the latter though, because some of his signings have played very well for us and have improved the team immensly. Also the way that Delia talked about investment was unacceptable, espiecally at the Royal Norfolk Show. It raised fans hopes when there was nothing in it whatsoever.

On the other hand, do you expect someone who has pumped considerable amounts of money into the club over the last 12 years to just sell her shares for someone that "promises" to give £20 million for a controlling stake in the Club. I was really excited by these revelations at the time, finally someone with the club at heart who has the financial power to take us back to the promised land. But the thing is, this would mean that she would have to sell her shares at a vastly reduced rate for this to happen, and I doubted the ability of Cullum to have finances to buy the club. I think that Delia deserves to at least have a majority of her £12 million she has pumped into her club back. Let''s take for example, you have renovated a house and you have pumped in significant amounts of money into the upkeep of it, and made the building into what it is today. You now have a real love for it. Imagine then that some rich guy comes in and says that he wants to buy the house. He wants to expand and improve the house even more, but at a highly reduced amount then its currently worth and you don''t gain enough money back for the amount of time and money you have originally put into the project. I wouldn''t sell up that easily, because you really do the love of the house in heart. Lets say you agree to sell it, imagine what it would look like on the outside when you see the new owner tearing it up and doing whatever they wanted with it, taking away the original personality of the club and changing it into something that isn''t even recognisable. How would you feel about that? They promised that they will keep to the houses tradition and they have turned it the other way round. This is what could of happened if we had been taken over by the QPR ownership. Obviously there are good owners out there, like Steve Morgan (owner of Wolves). He recognises the time, money and work that Jack Haywood has put into the club, and this means that he is more inclined to accept the deal because he wouldn''t change much of the club. All he is going to do is pump money in and that is someone that the Board are looking for, not just any unprofessional rich businessman that speaks about ownership negotiations publically.

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="CT "]a protest if we go down after the reading game.

There are other people who feel like me that the cook has had her time and that they havent done enough to look for a buyer.

''SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD''

Its time to face facts, they have not been anywhere near good enough.

Instead of bitching about them on an interent m/b  show your displeasure!
[/quote]

10000% agree. IF we lose and are relegated - see you on carrow road

[/quote]

Well I and those that i''m going to the game with will definately make our voices heard, and protest after the game (if it causes our relegation) despite being in what seems to be a huge minority. Admittedly there may be more people who support the board, but if those of us that don''t make it know then there is a chance others will listen.

at the roeder protest there was only 100 max and it made it clear to the board supporters werent happy. munby even mentioned and so IF we do lose and are relegated i will be making my voice heard....especially about DOOMCASTER who i think should stand down from his 175k annual salary.

rant over

CTID

Only a poor crowd tunout against Charlton convinced the board to act against Ratty.

They understand bums on seats............I rest my case.