Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I suggest...

a protest if we go down after the reading game.There are other people who feel like me that the cook has had her time and that they havent done enough to look for a buyer.''SACK THE BOARD SACK THE BOARD, SACK THE BOARD''Its time to face facts, they have not been anywhere near good enough.Instead of bitching about them on an interent m/b  show your displeasure!

So the entire Ipswich match which made everyone realise that unfortunately, as much as i agree the board should go, we are in the minority? People seem ready to protect Delia, and fan division is really not ideal at the moment.

Ahh sorry didn''t realise you meant if we were already relegated by the end of the match.Still, im sorry CT, but proposing a protest on the pinkun is like proposing amendments to an Education Act in Ipswich; it''s never going to happen, and its completely illogical. Us PinkUn posters are a minority compared to the 25,000 inside Carrow Road every week, and even some of the posters on here still support Delia i''m afraid!

CT the time for protest and making feelings known have been and gone a long time ago.  How many people boycotted?  We did, how many people had a pop at Doomy?  We did that too, how many people have written to the club and voiced concerns, we did.

We were all up for a protest, but sadly there aren''t enough of us to make it effective enough.  It''s very sad, but most fans are happy with where the club is and where it will be next season.

The tide is probably turning. Whats happening down the road ironically might end up being a good thing.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="can u sit down please"]I''d join u CT.[/quote]

Good man [Y] Anyone else?
[/quote]

I''d join in the chants, as I have before, protests afterwards will happen without organisation IMO if people feel that peeved.

The tide is defiently turning. I might of clapped Delia at the end of the Ipswich game but that doesn''t mean I am all for her. I clapped because of what she has done in the past. In the present and the future, however she obviously isn''t the answer. I agree that she hasn''t done enough about looking for potential investors, as in keeping high share prices to try and fend potential investors i.e. a certain Mr Cullum but this is only down to the fact that this is a big part of her life and I only imagine it would be tough for her to reduce how much of a impact and imput she has on the daily goings on at the club. It isn''t her singular, it''s the board collectively that have put us in this predicament. We need someone with fresh ideas, fresh ambition and all importantly, fresh money. If she feels that the Investors lack any of these qualities, then being a supporter that only wants the best for the club and has put us in the position we are in, i.e. not bankrupt, then she is entitled to her opinion and she knows who would be able to keep the club stable, aswell as making us into a prominent side after a majority of time. I''m happy that she hasn''t sold it to any Tom, Dick or Harry, because it shows she still cares.

[quote user="CT "]Well if we lose on Monday and that relegates us I will definitely start a few chants of ''sack the board''....

whether anyone else does is a different matter
[/quote]

Well I will not join your chants and that is for certain. You seem to be incapable of realising that in these difficult times financially there is just no alternative to Delia. There is no money about and with tax rates rising to 50% for the so-called rich even less this week than there was last week. The Government is even on its knees offering you £2,000 to please, please buy a new car!

Have you thought that since the budget virtually every decent professional footballer will be paying tax at 50% with no personal allowances .....that is the level of the so called rich these days!.

We are very lucky to have Delia and her husband supporting NCFC and putting £11 million in the kitty and if you can think of a alternative "lets be having you" instead of complaining all the time..

On the ball City!

Despite a number of significant achievements, given the position which Norwich have occupied in the league over the last couple of years, you couldn''t argue that the board is doing a good job. Certainly, if I repeated similar results in my professional life, I would fear for my position and career.Nevertheless the idea that we can "sack the board" is a fantasy. They are the legal owners not us. We are customers, as such our main option is to end our custom. Some on here have done so, but I won''t - it is a personal choice. It is the lot of the football fan that sometimes their loyalty is not easily transferred, which is the reason why we become so frustrated. the "customer model" does not fit easily. Equally we have have to accept that the "ownership model" does not work very well either. Most businesses, are judged by the sales and profit, where the board have performed less poorly. "Sack the board" demonstrations might ease the frustrations of some or could be an amusing entertainment for others but it will not lead to the board being dismissed. Their departure depends upon a satisfactory (to them) offer for the business being made. I know the hope of some is that a sufficiently nasty campaign against the board might force them to lower their sights re an "acceptable offer." I suppose it depends upon your outlook and determination. I for one would stand any amount of verbal abuse for several million pounds and if necessary stop attending altogether. Others might not, and I suspect they are the group that feel protests are most likely to be successful.

Bobert, I''m sorry for expecting a club that has over 20,000 season tickets to achieve higher than staying up in a very poor championship.

Thanks for all the failure delia, thanks for  the cringe worthy moments that we''ve had to suffer through. Thanks for having absolutely no football nous whatsoever. Thanks for all of the lies that we''ve had dished out to us e.g. ''ashton isnt going dont worry, he''s only injured'' and the infamous rns lie about investment. Thanks for all the days that we''ve had to suffer through at work/college/school when our team has performed dismally on the previous saturday. Thanks for building a team that makes me not want to go to Carrow road on monday when previously all ive wanted to do is go to night games. Thanks for relegation delia and thanks for sacking managers without seriously considering who you''re going to get in replacement.

Thanks for needing us more than we need you and thanks for showing absolutely NO ambition whatsoever.....

I know that there are economic hardships at the moment but ffs surely we''re allowed to show our disapproval at how the club is performing and how we''ve been leading up to this point for so many seasons.

I will join in any chants aimed against the board, if we are playing badly and losing 2-0 on Monday I''d imagine thousands of others will as well. Anyone who says we can''t sack the board is obviously correct but what we can do is make them feel uncomfortable so they will want out and are prepared to sell the club at a price that reflects the current state of the economy.

[quote user="CT "]

Bobert, I''m sorry for expecting a club that has over 20,000 season tickets to achieve higher than staying up in a very poor championship.

Thanks for all the failure delia, thanks for  the cringe worthy moments that we''ve had to suffer through. Thanks for having absolutely no football nous whatsoever. Thanks for all of the lies that we''ve had dished out to us e.g. ''ashton isnt going dont worry, he''s only injured'' and the infamous rns lie about investment. Thanks for all the days that we''ve had to suffer through at work/college/school when our team has performed dismally on the previous saturday. Thanks for building a team that makes me not want to go to Carrow road on monday when previously all ive wanted to do is go to night games. Thanks for relegation delia and thanks for sacking managers without seriously considering who you''re going to get in replacement.

Thanks for needing us more than we need you and thanks for showing absolutely NO ambition whatsoever.....

I know that there are economic hardships at the moment but ffs surely we''re allowed to show our disapproval at how the club is performing and how we''ve been leading up to this point for so many seasons.

[/quote]

Just as I was about to ask you if you were drunk when you wrote this, I''ve just noticed it was posted at 8.44am...so i would think not. While just about everything you say has counter arguement but I''ve only just started on the first coffee of the day and quite frankly can''t be bothered!

No one is forcing you to go Monday by the way.

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

Suggest you read Bobert''s and Badger''s excellent posts.

You cannot sack an owner anymore than you can make someone sell their house or their car.  The Club belongs to Delia and Michael and you can''t sack them.  Boycott them economically like Liverpoll supporters boycott the Sun.   Stop giving money to the Club.   Protest and make their lives uncomfortable if you like.  But live in the real economic and practical world otherwise you risk looking a fool

[8] White riot, I wanna riot,

White riot, wanna riot of my own[8]

Yes, I remember being 17 and about to change the world.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

CT the time for protest and making feelings known have been and gone a long time ago.  How many people boycotted?  We did, how many people had a pop at Doomy?  We did that too, how many people have written to the club and voiced concerns, we did.

We were all up for a protest, but sadly there aren''t enough of us to make it effective enough.  It''s very sad, but most fans are happy with where the club is and where it will be next season.

[/quote]

I''m not having a direct pop at you 49, but renewing season tickets, however loyal it made fans feel, has sent the wrong message, again, to the board!

City fans have the club they deserve.

The tide is not turning, its just a few more moaners on here.

Look at how many people sang "Delia''s barmy army" at Portman Road.  75% plus I would say!

Most of those that were there were not fickle fans, they were people that go week in week out.

You lot are deluded if you think any more than 25% of our fans want Delia out!

By all means shout and make noise if we go down, Ill be doing the same, but if you are expecting more, forget it, it will not happen.

Oh and by the way....

I hope they all go in the summer, but doubt it will happen.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I''m not having a direct pop at you 49, but renewing season tickets, however loyal it made fans feel, has sent the wrong message, again, to the board!

[/quote]

You actually have a point here.  This is a business and like all buisnesses, it will not change if it has a secure customer base.   The only power consumers have is to stop consuming.  The best protest this season was 14000 for the Charlton cup match.   Life is generally about economics in the end.

Bobert you seem so sure that no one will want to buy us but how do we know this? All we have is delias word that no investment  not buyer can be attracted, i really dont think they want to let go of the club and no one would invest money while delia remains she is not seen as a serious buisness woman. How much effort have they really made to find a new owner? Its like trying to sell your house but not bothering to use an estate agent and hoping it sells on word of mouth! She should have sold up the day we got promoted she would of been remembered for all the right reasons now in my opinion they are on par with chase. DELIA OUT.

[quote user="JF"]Bobert you seem so sure that no one will want to buy us but how do we know this? All we have is delias word that no investment  not buyer can be attracted, i really dont think they want to let go of the club and no one would invest money while delia remains she is not seen as a serious buisness woman. How much effort have they really made to find a new owner?  DELIA OUT.[/quote]

Every single word of your post- mostly that is spot on! Come on then Bobert how do you know?

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="JF"]Bobert you seem so sure that no one will want to buy us but how do we know this? All we have is delias word that no investment  not buyer can be attracted, i really dont think they want to let go of the club and no one would invest money while delia remains she is not seen as a serious buisness woman. How much effort have they really made to find a new owner?  DELIA OUT.[/quote]

Every single word of your post- mostly that is spot on! Come on then Bobert how do you know?

[/quote]

Michael, Delia and Michael Foulger have already put huge amounts of their own money into Norwich City over the past 12 years.

The perception out there is that, over the years, a number of other wealthy individuals have wanted to put their money into the club, but have been turned down. That we have somehow looked a gift horse in the mouth. The reality though is wholly different.

Many people have talked in the media about their wealth, and about their ability and appetite to put money into the club. But, despite so much speculation to the contrary, no one has actually offered to do so. The board have, in the last 12 years, never turned down a single application for shares in Norwich City. Not one.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes we do, and for those of us who are true NC fans we will still be supporting them whatever league we are in.  I support the team and the club I we have loved for 60+ years between us two.  Without the fans there would be no club, end of story.

So if no one renewed do you honestly think the club would survive on crowds of 10,00 to 12,000.  It did years ago, but we were in a better financial position then and not going through a heavy recession.

So what are your suggestions because I haven''t seen many fans come up with realistic suggestions yet.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes we do, and for those of us who are true NC fans we will still be supporting them whatever league we are in.  I support the team and the club I/ we have loved for 60+ years between us two.  Without the fans there would be no club, end of story.

So if no one renewed do you honestly think the club would survive on crowds of 10,00 to 12,000.  It did years ago, but we were in a better financial position then and not going through a heavy recession.

So what are your suggestions because I haven''t seen many fans come up with realistic suggestions yet.

[/quote]

Typo corrected lol