Sign in to follow this  
Official Joe

EDP this Morning

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Apr%202009%2008%3A36%3A47%3A270Personally speaking this does sum up my feelings at the moment.

It''s about time the local press grew some balls, I think that piece sums up many peoples feelings at the moment. I''ve never felt so low about NCFC in almost 40 years of supporting them and this Ipswich business makes it even harder to bare, how we can be so far behind a small town club in the sticks is beyond belief.

isnt it time Archant questioned the board rather than prattling on about "where it all went wrong for City"?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

isnt it time Archant questioned the board rather than prattling on about "where it all went wrong for City"?

[/quote]To be honest, I have thought this for a long while, it does seem that Norwich being a ''one team'' city and Archant essentially being the only paper in the city, it seems in both their respective interests that they get along as both need the other.

[/quote]

As the article states, when you question them all you get in reply are "clever explanations".  That''s one thing our board are very good at.   Question them directly and it just gives them a platform.

The article places the responsibility for this mess squarely and explicitly on the board.  I think that''s probably a first. 

The only way anything is going to change is if the fans vote with their feet in their thousands.  It could happen but we all know it won''t.  The fans aren''t directly responsible for this mess but they are colluding with those who are.

Roy Keane said: “I truly believe I am joining a club that has the potential, ambition and infrastructure to once again be a Premier League side.”

Ah, so he doesn''t really then, does he !

[quote user="canary cherub"]

Wiz are you trying to win an award for the number of new threads?  There''s one a few lines down called "EDP this morning" . . .

[/quote]

Opps, sorry Cherub............but its still a great article though.

[/quote]

spot on....i think it''s obvious where it''s all gone wrong!!!!

A very good article that totally sums up the feelings of many fans, I still remember the delirious night when we first found out about Cullum, I remember chatting to another fan about how we were finally going to be a rich club! How wrong we were  [:''(]

A very good article that totally sums up the feelings of many fans, I still remember the delirious night when we first found out about Cullum, I remember chatting to another fan about how we were finally going to be a rich club! How wrong we were  [:''(]

The truth from Archant - finally.Forwarded this on to Doncaster with my own questions. 

[quote user="Babyface"]http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Apr%202009%2008%3A36%3A47%3A270Personally speaking this does sum up my feelings at the moment.[/quote]

Once the season is over, it would be good if people at the club took responsibility for the failure of the last couple of seasons.  If you say "fair enough, we got it wrong", then I think most fans will understand that sometimes these things happen.  It would be inappropriate to do this before the season ends though.

Well done Archant for finally speaking up. Now, all they have to do is suggest an escape route for the Board (ie: a potential investor who actually fits our bill) then everything will be hunky-dory..... (maybe the season after next).

[quote user="Pastry"]The truth from Archant - finally.

Forwarded this on to Doncaster with my own questions

[quote user="Babyface"]http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Apr%202009%2008%3A36%3A47%3A270

Personally speaking this does sum up my feelings at the moment.
[/quote][/quote]

Good for you. What questions were they then?

(You''re obviously fishing for attention, so I''ll entertain you).

It''s mostly fair enough, but we should remember that Roeder talked confidently about taking us up to the Premier League. It''s one thing for Keane to say it, but let''s not assume he can do it. 

[quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]

[quote user="Pastry"]The truth from Archant - finally.

Forwarded this on to Doncaster with my own questions

[quote user="Babyface"]http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED24%20Apr%202009%2008%3A36%3A47%3A270

Personally speaking this does sum up my feelings at the moment.
[/quote][/quote]

Good for you. What questions were they then?

(You''re obviously fishing for attention, so I''ll entertain you).

[/quote]

TRUNKY want a bun?