Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

How do you get rid of the board with no one to take over?

Some Norwich fans want the board out due to our decline over the last 4 years. Apart from a protest on Monday night (if we lose that is, fans don''t protest when we win, fickle eh!) how do you remove the board?They can''t sack themselves and they have no boss.Until they find a buyer we are we stuck with them?If they found someone willing to inject £10 million and stay in charge would fans accept that?Discuss.

They can''t be sacked but they can be put under pressure to lower their demands and give them more chance of finding a buyer, I would rather they had nothing more to do with the club if anyone was prepared to put 10 million in. They''ve done enough damage already imo.

Apparently southampton have 1 potential wealthy buyer and its close to being sorted.Just because Queen Delia tells us that there is no-one interested doesnt make it true. They have lied before you know....

[quote user="CT "]Apparently southampton have 1 potential wealthy buyer and its close to being sorted.Just because Queen Delia tells us that there is no-one interested doesnt make it true. They have lied before you know....[/quote]Thats the problem.

[quote user="CT "]Apparently southampton have 1 potential wealthy buyer and its close to being sorted.

Just because Queen Delia tells us that there is no-one interested doesnt make it true. They have lied before you know....
[/quote]

You may be right but the last time we spoke to the Southampton Administrators (Tuesday) it was whittled down to three or four (one from Monaco apparently) and all the fan groups dumped on the grounds they didn''t have the money involved.

The haggling is over how much Barclays and Aviva are prepared to forget, Aviva being easier than Barclays apparently.

In my opinion the main reason for there being no interest in our club is once again because of Delia. She put the club up for sale at £56M in the summer. Now who in their right minds would buy a championship club for that much money? I believe Pompey are up for sale for only £20M.

[quote user="CT "]Apparently southampton have 1 potential wealthy buyer and its close to being sorted.

Just because Queen Delia tells us that there is no-one interested doesnt make it true. They have lied before you know....
[/quote]

Go on then, I''ll bite. When did Delia Smith actually tell a lie to the fans for her own benefit?

a) did she or did she not say there was investment at the RNS?b) did the board say or did they not say that Dean Ashton was not being sold?c) and this is a dodgy one admittedly but she said no-one was interested in the club when in fact it would appear that she just hasnt done enough

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

In my opinion the main reason for there being no interest in our club is once again because of Delia. She put the club up for sale at £56M in the summer. Now who in their right minds would buy a championship club for that much money? I believe Pompey are up for sale for only £20M.

[/quote]

...and anyone who buys Pompey is going to have to find the money to build a new stadium

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

You may be right but the last time we spoke to the Southampton Administrators (Tuesday) it was whittled down to three or four (one from Monaco apparently) and all the fan groups dumped on the grounds they didn''t have the money involved.

The haggling is over how much Barclays and Aviva are prepared to forget, Aviva being easier than Barclays apparently.

[/quote]

Exactly most of those hovering around the Saints are vultures sniffing out the corpse of a bargain...greatly reduced debts and probably a club that can be bought for £1, with a bit of land tucked up its sleeve.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="ndhscanary"]

[/quote]

...and anyone who buys Pompey is going to have to find the money to build a new stadium

[/quote]

Whereas at Southampton, the council are considering buying the club stadium and then leasing it back to them (if anyone takes over).

They have already rejected the fan group idea of selling their £150m art collection to keep the club going. [:|]

[quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]

[/quote]

Go on then, I''ll bite. When did Delia Smith actually tell a lie to the fans for her own benefit?

[/quote]

No porkies here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk 

The reason why Delia said it would cost £56 million to take over the club is because to take over a club you have to pay the debt off (£20 million) + transfer kitty (Cullum said he was prepared to put in £20 million) plus the other £16 million to pay for Delia (£11 million she''s put in and the other shareholders ie the fans and the rest of the board)£56 million was spot on. Whether an investor actually pays off the debt is his/her business i.e.Marcus Evans  - he hasn''t paid of Ipswich''s debt in full, he has took it on.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Aviva being easier than Barclays, now theres a shock, just like they did when the binners went under to the tune of £24m, about the same amount as the Saints.

When they let off the binners I moved my money from the then Norwich Union, wrote and told them why. Their reaction was " It''s a business transaction in a £billion company and minor rivalries between football clubs do not enter the equation"

quote user="Guy Gibson''s dog.Find two replacements with actual football experience

Like Abramovich? Like the Glazers? Like Hicks and Gillet? Like the Arabs at Man City. There seems to be a pattern involved there, there all rich but with no football experience.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Aviva being easier than Barclays, now theres a shock, just like they did when the binners went under to the tune of £24m, about the same amount as the Saints.

When they let off the binners I moved my money from the then Norwich Union, wrote and told them why. Their reaction was " It''s a business transaction in a £billion company and minor rivalries between football clubs do not enter the equation"

[/quote]

The whole thing is a business transaction and, no, it doesn''t have anything to do with football.

[quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]

[/quote]

Delia S Tickers, your post has 1 reply . . . [;)]

The board can resign without any chnage of ownership. We need new leadership, new direction and new focus. The current lot will happily take us into League Two as well!

Of course the board can resign, they own the club and can do what they want with it.  Saying that is much like saying "it is my house and I will abandon it if I want to, hoping that some squatters decide to move in who can take care of it better than I can as I am only good in the kitchen."

Results over the last 5 years and the 4 years before we got promoted, show they are inacpable of running a succesful football club.

If someone else ran it for them and was a success, then they would have a much more saleable asset.

They are effectively letting Doncaster and Munby run it anyway..and run it badly!

Fair point but the problem still lies in finding someone better qualified to come in and run it who is willing to do so and whom we can afford.

Doncaster needs to go in the summer.  If the board got rid of him and recognised his failings in recent years I think I would be a lot happier with them.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No porkies here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk 

[/quote]

''Topic has 1 replies'' does this answer your question? The level of ''devotion'' to our Z-list celebrity is getting ridiculous beyound belief

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Fair point but the problem still lies in finding someone better qualified to come in and run it who is willing to do so and whom we can afford.

Doncaster needs to go in the summer.  If the board got rid of him and recognised his failings in recent years I think I would be a lot happier with them.

[/quote]

It doesn''t make any difference who the chief executive is because any major decisions have to be okayed by the board before they are implemented, replacing the chief executive would still leave the root cause of all the problems in place. Until the board are replaced things will never be any different.

Find two replacements with actual football experience

Why do we need board members with football experience?   Do we want to copy the hearts situation, where they interfere with footballing decisions?   Just how many clubs have owners that have "football experience"  How many have a chief executive with footballing experience?

The only place we need footballing experience is in and around the playing squad - elsewhere its all about commercial experience and ability.

The last thing I want is any person running the club telling the manager which players to buy or play.   There should always be clear boundaries - the board tell the manager what his resources (budget) are.  Its up to the manager to push / negotiate for a larger budget if he feels he needs or can justify wanting needing spending more.

Its then up to the manager to use those resources to get the job done - deciding how to deploy those resources,  whether to spend the resource on loans, which players to target, permanent, or blow it all on one star player.   

I am happy for the commercial team to negotiate contracts - within parameters and referrall back to the manager.

What happens at our club?  I can speculate but I dont know for sure - do any of us?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

It doesn''t make any difference who the chief executive is because any major decisions have to be okayed by the board before they are implemented, replacing the chief executive would still leave the root cause of all the problems in place. Until the board are replaced things will never be any different.

[/quote]

I do not think that the board are consciously preventing the development of our football club, more doing so by omission.  Having someone with a background as a football CEO proposing new ideas aimed at improving the football side of things will lead the board in the right direction.