Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Keane sets Ipswich promotion goal.

''New Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane believes they can gain promotion from the Championship to the Premier League next season.''

What should be our goal next year?

Debate class.

OTBC 

Realistically, getting slightly further away from the (Championship) relegation zone. Not quite midtable, but pushing for it.

That''ll do me!

We''ll struggle to beat a team who are already in the league above us!

How about win more than a dozen games in one season? that sounds more realistic!

Or get Doomcaster sacked? Now that i like!

Binner just landed the best free agent on the market.When i heard Keane had joined them i was gutted. Sorry guys, Binmen are gonna do very well for themselves now while we become a joke.

When it rains it damn well pours.Delia must be thinking, ah well we have good old family orientated Gunny... go us.Im a supporter of Gunny but right now i couldnt be angrier with Suffolk / Norfolk football.Norwich have gotten the joker while the binmen pull the king... same old story recently around here. Its a joke..BOARD OUTF*CK OFF THE LOT OF YOU, stupid cook

Maybe he''ll be Ipswichs'' Glenn Roeder, but with money to spend.

Exactly how this recipe will work out should be interesting.

Bet he''ll be in for Clingan.

OTBC

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Irrelevant, you can''t set a goal until you know whether you are going to achieve this years goal.

[/quote]

And what is/was this years goal? And by whom was it set?

OTBC

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Keane was hardly going to say anything else was he?

[/quote]fair enough sob - but how many past naaarwich managers have credibly been able to say that???cue tumbleweed...[U]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Irrelevant, you can''t set a goal until you know whether you are going to achieve this years goal.

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well you don''t need to go further back than Gunny''s appointment where he said it was his job to keep us in the championship !

LGT - I have not gone down with the "Ippo Fixation Syndrome" that appears to have taken over this message board so I am not really sure what you are driving at, I seem to rember some bloke called Worthington winning the the Championship title, so I suppose that is my answer. There is a big difference between saying you are going to do something and actually doing it......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

LGT - I have not gone down with the "Ippo Fixation Syndrome" that appears to have taken over this message board so I am not really sure what you are driving at, I seem to rember some bloke called Worthington winning the the Championship title, so I suppose that is my answer. There is a big difference between saying you are going to do something and actually doing it......

[/quote]very true sob - but did worthy publically say that pre-season he was going for promotion???thats the difference...but he did utter ''no excuses'' the pre-season after our relegation - but then proceeded to make many as he realised the squad he''d assembled wasn''t good enough!!!our promotion tilts are seemingly concocted on a wing and a prayer...but thats life i guess...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

very true sob - but did worthy publically say that pre-season he was going for promotion???thats the difference...but he did utter ''no excuses'' the pre-season after our relegation - but then proceeded to make many as he realised the squad he''d assembled wasn''t good enough!!!

our promotion tilts are seemingly concocted on a wing and a prayer...but thats life i guess...
[/quote]

Well, certainly in the last 12 years.

Before that they were pretty well planned - and executed successfully on schedule.

No need to wonder why.

OTBC

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well you don''t need to go further back than Gunny''s appointment where he said it was his job to keep us in the championship !

[/quote]

C''mon Pirate, do better than that.

What was the goal at the start of this season?

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]And what is/was this years goal? And by whom was it set?[/quote]Tried Google Bly?[/quote]

No, I''m leaving that as your assignment tonight.

I''m off for a nap.

[|-)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]And what is/was this years goal? And by whom was it set?[/quote]Tried Google Bly?[/quote]No, I''m leaving that as your assignment tonight.I''m off for a nap.[/quote]I get all the info I need from Carrow Rd Bly. No need to Google to keep in the frame!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''New Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane believes they can gain promotion from the Championship to the Premier League next season.''

Debate class.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Staying in whatever league you are.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Debate class.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Staying in whatever league you are.

[/quote]

So, if City get relegated our goal should be to avoid further relegation to the fourth division.

That would certainly see prudence trumping ambition most emphatically.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Goals change...we were in year 2 of Roeders 3 year plan at the beginning of this season I believe, but as that didnt work it it became survival.

KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]
Goals change...we were in year 2 of Roeders 3 year plan at the beginning of this season I believe, but as that didnt work it it became survival.

[/quote]

You''re waffling - and trying to be clever, I suspect.

I repeat - what was the club''s stated goal at the start of this season? Either you don''t know or we didn''t have one or you know and are trying to avoid the facts.

C''mon King, let''s be having yer!

OTBC

OTBC 

[quote user="keatesy"]KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO KEANO[/quote]

Now let''s guess - new toilet paper design for Portaloo?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Goals change...we were in year 2 of Roeders 3 year plan at the beginning of this season I believe, but as that didnt work it it became survival.

[/quote]

You''re waffling - and trying to be clever, I suspect.

I repeat - what was the club''s stated goal at the start of this season? Either you don''t know or we didn''t have one or you know and are trying to avoid the facts.

C''mon King, let''s be having yer!

OTBC

OTBC 

[/quote]Hmm wouldn''t say I''m waffleing just stating how I saw things. I never read up enough on this ''3 year plan'' of Roeders but I would assume it involved us rebuilding, regrouping and looking to stay out of a relegation battle. I dont see how I''m avoiding the facts, you seem to think ive taken some form of stance on this issue.

[quote user="king canary"]

I never read up enough......... but I would assume.............. . I dont see how I''m avoiding the facts, [/quote]Not getting it?

[quote user="BA"][quote user="king canary"]

I never read up enough......... but I would assume.............. . I dont see how I''m avoiding the facts, [/quote]Not getting it?[/quote]What? I never claimed to ''have the facts'' I was saying how I saw things at the start of the season. Its no official line.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]And what is/was this years goal? And by whom was it set?[/quote]Tried Google Bly?[/quote]No, I''m leaving that as your assignment tonight.I''m off for a nap.[/quote]I get all the info I need from Carrow Rd Bly. No need to Google to keep in the frame![/quote]

I see. So you just swallow the Neilo led spin left, right and centre.

Explains much, methinks.

OTBC