Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Charlton! Important for fans without tickets.

I''m another fan that was waiting for the Wednesday, and no matter what people with tickets say, it isn''t our fault, if they promise 800 tickets, then they should have kept back 800 tickets. Is there any way Charlton could beam the game outside the ground for example? Because I think we could maybe get another 1000 if the result really matters. Us being at Carrow Road isn''t going to help the team, I mean yeah, we get to watch it, but what help is our voice if the players can''t hear us. We need it to be like a home game, no charlton fans are going to have anything to sing about, unless we are going down. We''re going to be the ones with the voice so I think strolling up to London is the best idea for any fans without a ticket, is there anyway we can push the club into maybe subsidised coach travel? big screen?

The daft ideas people have on here get better and better. 

Think about it:-

1) why would Charlton do anything to help NCFC fans?

2) Can you see the police wanting 1000 Norwich fans watching a screen outside the ground.

3) Charlton FC is in a very built up area, surrounded by flats and houses, I am sure those people would really want 1000 people outside watching a game of football on a big TV!

Have just seen that Doncaster has issused a half apology. He says he regrets it i guess. As above poster, i really cant see anything else being done. I guess i''m just guna forget about it all and enjoy the day out at the Valley.

Ren.

I''d just like to say that as a fan, maybe it was a "daft" idea, but atleast I''m trying to help Norwich stay up. There is no need to just belittle me. So why don''t you shut up and say nothing, if you have nothing constructive to say?

[quote user="matt8"]Have just seen that Doncaster has issused a half apology. He says he regrets it i guess. As above poster, i really cant see anything else being done. I guess i''m just guna forget about it all and enjoy the day out at the Valley.[/quote]

Except that what he is saying isn''t actually true. When I phoned up the box office on Monday morning about Reading tickets, I also enquired about Charlton ones and was told that when they opened their post on the Tuesday morning (i.e. the day  after the deadline had passed) there were loads of applications which they decided to process because they had already said that everyone who had applied in writing got one.

How bizarre that the number of available tickets should exactly match the number applied for in writing so that no-one who applied in writing is disappointed and there are none available for general sale.

It''s a trivial matter, perhaps and yes, those of us who missed out should have applied in writing (but some of us didn''t even know about the deadline) but the biggest issue here is that either the ticket office or Mr Doncaster is, at best, mis-informed or at worst, lying. Seems like a fairly common situation at NCFC these days.

it''s complete and utter bollocks that they ahd exactly the same applications for the amount of tickets available. Sure you did.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="matt8"]Have just seen that Doncaster has issused a half apology. He says he regrets it i guess. As above poster, i really cant see anything else being done. I guess i''m just guna forget about it all and enjoy the day out at the Valley.[/quote]

Except that what he is saying isn''t actually true. When I phoned up the box office on Monday morning about Reading tickets, I also enquired about Charlton ones and was told that when they opened their post on the Tuesday morning (i.e. the day  after the deadline had passed) there were loads of applications which they decided to process because they had already said that everyone who had applied in writing got one.

How bizarre that the number of available tickets should exactly match the number applied for in writing so that no-one who applied in writing is disappointed and there are none available for general sale.

It''s a trivial matter, perhaps and yes, those of us who missed out should have applied in writing (but some of us didn''t even know about the deadline) but the biggest issue here is that either the ticket office or Mr Doncaster is, at best, mis-informed or at worst, lying. Seems like a fairly common situation at NCFC these days.

[/quote]

Well this is another mistake from the club. The reason they got so many applications on the tuesday is because Monday was a bank holiday. surely they should have had the final application date on the tuesday because of this

How it works in practice is a separate issue from stating the rules to get tickets and then changing them without notice. Not good enough. I''m tempted to go down and try and buy a ticket outside but I hate sitting with opposition fans and if I don''t get in I won''t be able to hear it online. Gutted about this. [:(]

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Errr ... money possibly? Sorry that''s obviously daft.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]How it works in practice is a separate issue from stating the rules to get tickets and then changing them without notice. Not good enough. I''m tempted to go down and try and buy a ticket outside but I hate sitting with opposition fans and if I don''t get in I won''t be able to hear it online. Gutted about this. [:(][/quote]Think i''m propbably going to go down and try and buy a ticket there too. Hopefully if not wearing colours should be able to get in, with some luck.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I''m another fan that was waiting for the Wednesday, and no matter what people with tickets say, it isn''t our fault, if they promise 800 tickets, then they should have kept back 800 tickets. Is there any way Charlton could beam the game outside the ground for example? Because I think we could maybe get another 1000 if the result really matters. Us being at Carrow Road isn''t going to help the team, I mean yeah, we get to watch it, but what help is our voice if the players can''t hear us. We need it to be like a home game, no charlton fans are going to have anything to sing about, unless we are going down. We''re going to be the ones with the voice so I think strolling up to London is the best idea for any fans without a ticket, is there anyway we can push the club into maybe subsidised coach travel? big screen?[/quote]There were only 3000 tickets available, not enough to satisfy demand, deal with it!I honestly can''t believe how upset people have got over all this people are behaving like a child thats been told it can''t have any sweets.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]I''m another fan that was waiting for the Wednesday, and no matter what people with tickets say, it isn''t our fault, if they promise 800 tickets, then they should have kept back 800 tickets. Is there any way Charlton could beam the game outside the ground for example? Because I think we could maybe get another 1000 if the result really matters. Us being at Carrow Road isn''t going to help the team, I mean yeah, we get to watch it, but what help is our voice if the players can''t hear us. We need it to be like a home game, no charlton fans are going to have anything to sing about, unless we are going down. We''re going to be the ones with the voice so I think strolling up to London is the best idea for any fans without a ticket, is there anyway we can push the club into maybe subsidised coach travel? big screen?[/quote]There were only 3000 tickets available, not enough to satisfy demand, deal with it!I honestly can''t believe how upset people have got over all this people are behaving like a child thats been told it can''t have any sweets. [/quote]Because once again the club has misled (or lied to) the fans, another in a long long line of failures. People have every right to be upset

Tosser hey???  At least I dont come up with such laughable ideas.

If Charlton had any interest in helping out NCFC fans, dont you think that they would move a few season ticket holders and create a couple of thousand empty seats INSIDE the ground.

How would they make anything out of putting up a big screen outside the ground. I have never heard anything so daft!

If you want to be at the game - you will find a way.  I have always got in to any NCFC I have ever wanted to go to.  Mostly by planning ahead, but now and again by using my brain and trying a few message boards or turning up and buying a ticket through a home fan!

How many times have our box office got it wrong in the last 10 years, very few, so a little harsh I would say. Its the one thing NCFC normally does well.

Everyone was given plenty of time to apply.  If you really wanted to go you would have applied.  This game was always going to be oversubscribed!

[quote user="Ren"]

Because they would fill their ground, and that would equal more money, duh.

2) Can you see the police wanting 1000 Norwich fans watching a screen outside the ground.

It wouldn''t be outside the ground it would be inside Carrow Road

3) Charlton FC is in a very built up area, surrounded by flats and houses, I am sure those people would really want 1000 people outside watching a game of football on a big TV!

Why would the big screen be in Charlton? Are you thick? It would obviously be beamed back to Carrow Road, no-one is gonna go to Charlton just to watch it on a screen are they?

[/quote]

[:|]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]There were only 3000 tickets available, not enough to satisfy demand, deal with it!I honestly can''t believe how upset people have got over all this people are behaving like a child thats been told it can''t have any sweets. [/quote]Be fair Angels - I am behaving like a child that was told it could have sweets and then was told that I couldn''t. It''s not fair and my dad agrees with me!

The other thing that bugs me a bit about this is that they sold exactly 3000 tickets. Everybody applied for one got one but there were absolutely none left over. Exactly 3000 tickets and 3000 applications - an amazing coincidence!