Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Croft to Ipswich???

And for those who can''t find a link.........

Croft''s current deal expires at the end of the season and it is likely he will leave Carrow Road on a free transfer.

The news has alerted a host of clubs to Croft''s possible availability and there is expected to be a battle for his signature in the summer.

Croft has been one of Norwich''s most consistent performers despite their struggles this term and his showings have not gone unnoticed.

Premier League trio Bolton, Middlesbrough and Sunderland, as well as Wolves, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Preston, Derby and Ipswich, are all thought to be monitoring Croft''s situation.

I would imagine Roy Keane will be setting his sights a hell of a lot higher than Croft. He would struggle to get near the current Ipswich team before Keane starts spalshing the cash.

[quote user="jbghost"]I would imagine Roy Keane will be setting his sights a hell of a lot higher than Croft. He would struggle to get near the current Ipswich team before Keane starts spalshing the cash.[/quote]Agree they wont want bog avearage Championship players like him , most overated player to ever pull on a City shirt .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="jbghost"]I would imagine Roy Keane will be setting his sights a hell of a lot higher than Croft. He would struggle to get near the current Ipswich team before Keane starts spalshing the cash.[/quote]
Agree they wont want bog avearage Championship players like him , most overated player to ever pull on a City shirt .
[/quote]

Your spot on very poor player who wouldn''t be welcome anywhere near portman road, he wouldnt get on our bench, we don''t need freebies from relegated championship sides, we have £20m to spend as you say our sights will be much higher!!

Can''t see he has much to offer anyone based on last weeks performance - but is the only time I''ve seen him. I thought Clingan looked good though, seemed that anything you did good went through him.

[quote user="billabasblue"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="jbghost"]I would imagine Roy Keane will be setting his sights a hell of a lot higher than Croft. He would struggle to get near the current Ipswich team before Keane starts spalshing the cash.[/quote]
Agree they wont want bog avearage Championship players like him , most overated player to ever pull on a City shirt .
[/quote]

Your spot on very poor player who wouldn''t be welcome anywhere near portman road, he wouldnt get on our bench, we don''t need freebies from relegated championship sides, we have £20m to spend as you say our sights will be much higher!!

[/quote]

**sniff sniff** thought I could smell a s**t stirring binner

[quote user="Blue"]Can''t see he has much to offer anyone based on last weeks performance - but is the only time I''ve seen him. I thought Clingan looked good though, seemed that anything you did good went through him.[/quote]

He''s a great little player and if i''m honest (which i always am) he''s too good for a team which could be relegated.

[quote user="Blue"]Can''t see he has much to offer anyone based on last weeks performance - but is the only time I''ve seen him. I thought Clingan looked good though, seemed that anything you did good went through him.[/quote] Well Fulham reportedly bid £3 million for Clingan in January so if you fancy him slap in a £4 million offer , will be a nice profit for us on a freebie signing.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Blue"]Can''t see he has much to offer anyone based on last weeks performance - but is the only time I''ve seen him. I thought Clingan looked good though, seemed that anything you did good went through him.[/quote]

He''s a great little player and if i''m honest (which i always am) he''s too good for a team which could be relegated.

[/quote]

HE can''t even cross a ball!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

HE can''t even cross a ball!

[/quote]

Wiz ffs Im talking to Blue about Clingan, not Crofty. [:O]

Watch him go to a low prem team and suddenly do well. Everyone wanted to see the back of Etuhu, and now he''s holding his place in a top half of the table Fulham side.

If we had money or players to cover him I''d not shed any tears over loosing croft. He''s tried very hard but I just don''t think he''s that good- I''d rather still have Chadwick (OK he''s only good for 60mins a game or he gets injured) at least he creates rather than just threatens to.

I''d have rather kept Bell who lacked pace but had a quality delivery instead of Croft''s endevour but lack of end product.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]I''m driving through Ipswich next week.  I''ll drop him off[/quote]

be careful not to run over anything in a blue shirt

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Blue"]Can''t see he has much to offer anyone based on last weeks performance - but is the only time I''ve seen him. I thought Clingan looked good though, seemed that anything you did good went through him.[/quote] Well Fulham reportedly bid £3 million for Clingan in January so if you fancy him slap in a £4 million offer , will be a nice profit for us on a freebie signing.
[/quote]what a load of rubbish, get a grip, if fulham offered us even 1.5 million for Clingan we would of snapped their hand off!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Watch him go to a low prem team and suddenly do well. Everyone wanted to see the back of Etuhu, and now he''s holding his place in a top half of the table Fulham side.
[/quote]not a chance that a premier league team would want Croft, players contracts run out so papers print rubbish, Croft tries hard and runs all game but he''s just not that good.