Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Lost my Pride :(

This morning I was getting ready for work and packing my footy kit for our after work kick about when for the first time I stalled. I had my Norwich shirt in my hand and just looked at it. I actually threw it over to my dirty laundry heap (its clean) and picked up a neutral Nike Swoosh shirt instead. I just could not wear my Norwich shirt :(

I have lost all Pride in the club over the last few days.

A lack luster half ass attempted at Portaloo followed by the appointment of Roy Keane just made me feel sick to my stomach. I know we will be relegated and would prefer it if we do because honestly we deserve it.

We are rubbish and do not have the bottle to remain in the Championship. I only hope that someone up to the task of getting us promotion and the players steps up, no disrespect to Gunn as he is a legend and i respect all hes tried to do, its not his fault he was given the job and had the ambition it was the boards LACK of ambition that he was appointed.

The scum have shown more bottle, ambition and football spirit in the last week than we have in the last few years and its made me bitter angry and sick to the pit of my stomach. I hated Keane as a player but respect the hell out of him as a coach and a manager. Now im trying desperately to hate a man i respect. Its as if a real asshole you have hated your whole life has just managed to sleep with your girlfriend or wife and is rubbing it in your face.

Our board need to go. Thanks Delia, truely you did us a favour... years ago. Now its time to move on if you truely love Norwich City. We need change and ambition. We are supposed to be fighting to regain our Premiership status. That White Horse you rode in on has turned out to be a donkey :(

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

That White Horse you rode in on has turned out to be a donkey :(

[/quote]

I didnt think that Gary Doherty was at the club before Delia arrived?

Super post btw.

[quote]I hated Keane as a player but respect the hell out of him as a coach

and a manager. Now im trying desperately to hate a man i respect.[/quote]Why do you respect a man who spent £80 million to get 4th from bottom in the Premiership ?He''s not actually any good.

You are entitled to your opinion of course and I am sorry you are having a bad day but, given that there are two matches to go and we are one of three teams facing the third relegation place........................

aren''t you a little premature????

Its his football stature for starters.

If your a 16 - 17 and born in the area with no local alligience ( lets also remember the glory days of Utd will attract a huge number of people ) Who are you going to play for ??? Keane or Gunn ???

No contest

You can not help but respect what Keane did at Sunderland. Ok so it fell apart but thats football and also he has board pressure, what ever it does not change the fact.

He got Sunderland back into the Prem on a budget just over what we spent on Earnmore.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its not like we even have a manager though is it all we have is Gunn and that was depressing enough before Ipswich announced their intent to get promotion.[/quote]I am so glad you are not playing for us on Monday, you''ve admitted defeat before we''ve kicked off !Our un-manager has a steady, but unspectacular record at the moment.  20 points from 16 games is marginally better than our last, experienced manager.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

You are entitled to your opinion of course and I am sorry you are having a bad day but, given that there are two matches to go and we are one of three teams facing the third relegation place........................

[/quote]Well said Cambridge Canary. And why is it that just because a young manager has a high profile and gets media attention it is automatically assumed he will be good for a particular club? Yes we might go down but I still believe we can and will stay up. I''m not afraid to say so because I actually think being positive can do a little good. But whatever happens I believe Crook, Butterworth - and yes, Bryan Gunn - offer us a better future than the likes of Mr Keane. (All you gloom and doomsters please read no further.....ON THE BALL CITY!!!)

He got Sunderland back into the Prem on a budget just over what we spent on Earnmore.

[/quote]

Chopra alone cost £5m!!

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Well said Cambridge Canary. And why is it that just because a young manager has a high profile and gets media attention it is automatically assumed he will be good for a particular club? Yes we might go down but I still believe we can and will stay up. I''m not afraid to say so because I actually think being positive can do a little good. But whatever happens I believe Crook, Butterworth - and yes, Bryan Gunn - offer us a better future than the likes of Mr Keane. (All you gloom and doomsters please read no further.....ON THE BALL CITY!!!)
[/quote]

Unbelievable...talk about living on another planet!

Why are so many City supporters quite content and happy with us being a nothing club, going nowhere but down?

Look where Oxford are now...that will be us in 5 years time if we carry on as we are now!

Yeh if the supporters are a mirror of the board then we will be facing off against FC United rather than Manchester United before to long.

This morning I was getting ready for work and packing my footy kit for our after work kick about when for the first time I stalled. I had my Norwich shirt in my hand and just looked at it. I actually threw it over to my dirty laundry heap (its clean) and picked up a neutral Nike Swoosh shirt instead. I just could not wear my Norwich shirt :(

A lack luster half ass attempted at Portaloo followed by the appointment of Roy Keane just made me feel sick to my stomach. I know we will be relegated and would prefer it if we do because honestly we deserve it.

We are rubbish and do not have the bottle to remain in the Championship. I only hope that someone up to the task of getting us promotion and the players steps up, no disrespect to Gunn as he is a legend and i respect all hes tried to do, its not his fault he was given the job and had the ambition it was the boards LACK of ambition that he was appointed.

The scum have shown more bottle, ambition and football spirit in the last week than we have in the last few years and its made me bitter angry and sick to the pit of my stomach. I hated Keane as a player but respect the hell out of him as a coach and a manager. Now im trying desperately to hate a man i respect. Its as if a real asshole you have hated your whole life has just managed to sleep with your girlfriend or wife and is rubbing it in your face.

Our board need to go. Thanks Delia, truely you did us a favour... years ago. Now its time to move on if you truely love Norwich City. We need change and ambition. We are supposed to be fighting to regain our Premiership status. That White Horse you rode in on has turned out to be a donkey :(

[/quote]

Come on Nexus Canary - so what if we have a new manager - if you are a supporter then support!  Wear your shirt. Fight for what you want.  I''m sure you are not going to suddenly spport ITFC (never quite worked out how anyone can change clubs they support), so get up, dust yourself off and support YOUR team.  The grass is always greener I know,  but........ !!

[quote user="Blue"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]

Come on Nexus Canary - so what if we have a new manager - if you are a supporter then support!  Wear your shirt. Fight for what you want.  I''m sure you are not going to suddenly spport ITFC (never quite worked out how anyone can change clubs they support), so get up, dust yourself off and support YOUR team.  The grass is always greener I know,  but........ !!

[/quote]

Very good post.

Support is what we fans do, through good and bad, although we might not like what''s happening, for me yellow and green is in my blood and I couldn''t just stop supporting my team.  I am proud of the colours.

(although I hate the board with passion lol)

Well nexus,I am glad I dont have to put up with you.Just remember when you first start supporting a team.you support that team for life,not just when they are winning.There are still two games to go and what will be will be.For me I am third generation of city supporter in my family and will soon  have been attending for fifty years,in that time there have been many highs and many lows,Yes we have not been in this situation before,and belive me I moan and groan just as much as anyone,but norwich are the team I was given to support, and that is what I shall do.There is allways a very fine line between winning and losing,and I would never consider admiting defeat before a ball has even been kicked.May I suggest you go and get your shirt out of the was basket,and wear it with pride.Anyone can go and support one of the big four,but it takes special people to support norwich.I am so proud of our supporters,we are still the envy of bigger clubs.As for keane,Ipswich are welcome to him,and only time will tell if he turn out better than gunn.Judge gunn after he has had a clean slate.When he got the job he was on a hiding to nothing.Oh and remember the song city till I die,which apply  to most of us,sadly I dont think it will apply to you. 

I am still a fan, im just saying i feel like i have nothing to be proud of right about now.I hate it when people get called "not true fans" or get hated on just for being pesimistic. Sorry im a realist.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Amen to that dude.

I went out for a kick about an hour after the Ipswich game with a a group of people that contained 5 Ipswich fans and wore my City shirt. I''m city through and through and no matter how bad we do or low we sink that''s not going to change.

[quote user="keelan for england"]Well nexus,I am glad I dont have to put up with you.Just remember when you first start supporting a team.you support that team for life,not just when they are winning.There are still two games to go and what will be will be.For me I am third generation of city supporter in my family and will soon  have been attending for fifty years,in that time there have been many highs and many lows,Yes we have not been in this situation before,and belive me I moan and groan just as much as anyone,but norwich are the team I was given to support, and that is what I shall do.There is allways a very fine line between winning and losing,and I would never consider admiting defeat before a ball has even been kicked.May I suggest you go and get your shirt out of the was basket,and wear it with pride.Anyone can go and support one of the big four,but it takes special people to support norwich.I am so proud of our supporters,we are still the envy of bigger clubs.As for keane,Ipswich are welcome to him,and only time will tell if he turn out better than gunn.Judge gunn after he has had a clean slate.When he got the job he was on a hiding to nothing.Oh and remember the song city till I die,which apply  to most of us,sadly I dont think it will apply to you. 
[/quote]

Excellent post. I''ve been a City fan for over 40 years and couldn''t turn my back on them even if I wanted to. As WAY says,it''s in the blood. Fact is that if you support a club for long enough you will experience the highs and lows (even Man U and Liverpool had their dark periods, but to me it''s the down times that are key, because if you haven''t felt rock bottom you don''t scale the same heights when something good happens. Winning the Milk Cup at Wembley meant so much because we had fought our way to that kind of status, and getting into Europe was like being able to fly. The nights at Carrow Road when we entertained (and outplayed !) Bayern Munich and Inter Milan will always be highlights of my life. Having said that, relegation (several times) and being unable to take our place in Europe the first time because of Heysel were real lows, but it''s that very rollercoaster that makes being a genuine fan such a wonderful, and at times spine tingling experience!

As far as the OP goes, get your head up, wear your shirt with pride and make sure you''re there for the good times when they come again ( and they will!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh shut up you patronising git! we have been wearing the shirt in far greater number than you fickle psuedo cockneys ever have, if you were in our position you wouldn''t even be getting 10000 at Portaloo Rd. It''s time for us to get very very p**sed off at what we have been forced to put up with. Even the Norwich worm will turn in the end. Now push off back to your own website - www.inbreds@plasticsupporters.com in case you''ve forgotten the web address.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Blue"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh shut up you patronising git! we have been wearing the shirt in far greater number than you fickle psuedo cockneys ever have, if you were in our position you wouldn''t even be getting 10000 at Portaloo Rd. It''s time for us to get very very p**sed off at what we have been forced to put up with. Even the Norwich worm will turn in the end. Now push off back to your own website - www.inbreds@plasticsupporters.com in case you''ve forgotten the web address.

[/quote]

Nice to see a welcome for someone posting from another club!  I normally get a good response to my posts. Sorry if you feel that way.  I was trying to be objective.  My apologies if it offends you to an extent that you have to throw insults.  As I said, a true supporter will always support their team through thick and thin.  So yours is a bit thin right now - everything goes in cycles.  I''ll wear my blue with pride - you wear your yellow. I have no intention of slagging off any true supporter from any club whover they may be and whatever club they support.  I reserve my irritation for part time glory hunters (some those at ITFC next season??).

[quote user="Blue"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Blue"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice to see a welcome for someone posting from another club!  I normally get a good response to my posts. Sorry if you feel that way.  I was trying to be objective.  My apologies if it offends you to an extent that you have to throw insults.  As I said, a true supporter will always support their team through thick and thin.  So yours is a bit thin right now - everything goes in cycles.  I''ll wear my blue with pride - you wear your yellow. I have no intention of slagging off any true supporter from any club whover they may be and whatever club they support.  I reserve my irritation for part time glory hunters (some those at ITFC next season??).

[/quote]

Don''t worry Blue, he''s pretty obnoxious to most of us as well. Something to do with his blood lust going unsated. When he finally sees Delia suspended in chains above the market place and left to rot he may calm down a bit and get his Peter Cullum pictures out and stroke them lovingly.I hope Keane works out for you BTW.