Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

A Couple of Cream Labels and a Pie at Halftime

The catering outlets turn over some £3.7 million a year, with only a profit of £700,000!! I know a thing or three about the business of catering and that is a p*ss poor profit margin.I''ve never eaten in the ''top-of-the-range'' restaurant (I prefer fine ambience eateries) delia''s or Yellows, so people with firsthand experience of the latter please help me out here: How do you think those profits should be increased?

I haven''t had an experience of the Top of the Terrace Shyster, but have eaten in Delia''s and Yellows. Delia''s is very good food and for a celebration meal is probably up there with the best in the city. I haven''t been recently though, but it''s now advertised as £32 a head if you eat in there early after a home match. Season ticket holders (not sure about members) are sent discounted offers for birthdays to attract custom.

Yellows is average fare, been there a few times, but IMO other places in the city do it better. It''s convenient though for matchdays, and there are now a lot of people living in the area for other times. Having said that though I walk past there every day and it''s rarely anything like full of an evening.

Profits increased? I would say difficult in the current climate. Most eating places in the city are offering 2 for 1 meals on weekdays and there are websites where you can print off discount vouchers to all the chain restaurants.

Profit margins on big occasions like weddings and conferences must be more attractive though. I walked past there yesterday and they had something like 10 events on there during the day, all presumably offering some sort of refreshment.

Matchday eating - in all honesty the big yellow letters of Morrisons must be eating into those profits. I know several people who work in there and they say you can''t move in the place (particularly the cafe) just before a home match.

[quote user="pennywise "]you can`t beat  a takeout morrisons pasta salad for your prematch meal[/quote]

Then followed by ten pints and a large pizza - with and box of fresh cream chocolate eclairs for pud and a bottle of Diet Coke.....Nice an'' healthy..