Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

Keane..from a blue..no bull****

As it seems a hot topic on here can i tell you what i believe most people think and get away from this tit for tat squabbling from both sets of fans. Appointing Keane is a risk in as much as appointing any manager who hasn''t been in the management game very long. Secondly we all know he walked out of Sunderland but we hear conflicting stories so do we really know the truth? Maybe he was wrong,maybe the Sunderland owner was wrong,who knows. The thing about this appointment is that if it does go pear shaped at least the players will be signed and in place and will be Ipswich assets. Also the biggest single factor for me is that the owner has shown he is not going to walk away and has put his money where his mouth is and made his intentions clear that he is in it for the long run. Ask many Ipswich fans if they want you to go down and many will say yes but there a lot who want you to stay up. A season without the derby just isn''t the same. Even when we were both in the premiership at differents times how many of us can honestly admit that we didn''t miss the derby. I can''t.

Fair enough, well said for the most part, especially about the Derby. Not so sure about the, er "Defence forums" your owner organises to make money from though. I prefer an owner who deals in pies rather than guns. (do I...?.....ahh **** yes..... I still do)

I''ve been thinking about Keane taking over at Ipswich since it was announced yesterday and I still can''t make my mind up whether it''s a good appointment or not. Here are a few of my random thoughts.1) Seeing him in the papers today striding out to take his first training session with that badge made me feel quite nauseous. No matter what you think of him the man is a big name and it sort of made me reflect on our last three management appointments.2) Many posters seem to be taking great joy in pointing out how he only got Sunderland promoted by spending big money. Whilst this may be true he will presumably have a decent amount to spend down there so could realistically repeat the trick.3) Ipswich are now going to be the most high profile club in The Championship (unless Newcastle get relegated) as far as the media are concerned.4) I don''t think he would have been a very good manager for us due to the complete lack of funds.5) If things don''t go to plan reasonably quickly there''s always the possibility that he might just chuck it in. If he''s spent big at this point where does that leave Ipswich?6) And most shockingly of all. I still really like the man [:$]. Sorry [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''ve been thinking about Keane taking over at Ipswich since it was announced yesterday and I still can''t make my mind up whether it''s a good appointment or not. Here are a few of my random thoughts.1) Seeing him in the papers today striding out to take his first training session with that badge made me feel quite nauseous. No matter what you think of him the man is a big name and it sort of made me reflect on our last three management appointments.2) Many posters seem to be taking great joy in pointing out how he only got Sunderland promoted by spending big money. Whilst this may be true he will presumably have a decent amount to spend down there so could realistically repeat the trick.3) Ipswich are now going to be the most high profile club in The Championship (unless Newcastle get relegated) as far as the media are concerned.4) I don''t think he would have been a very good manager for us due to the complete lack of funds.5) If things don''t go to plan reasonably quickly there''s always the possibility that he might just chuck it in. If he''s spent big at this point where does that leave Ipswich?6) And most shockingly of all. I still really like the man [:$]. Sorry [:D][/quote]spot on regarding all points

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''ve been thinking about Keane taking over at Ipswich since it was announced yesterday and I still can''t make my mind up whether it''s a good appointment or not. Here are a few of my random thoughts.

1) Seeing him in the papers today striding out to take his first training session with that badge made me feel quite nauseous. No matter what you think of him the man is a big name and it sort of made me reflect on our last three management appointments.

2) Many posters seem to be taking great joy in pointing out how he only got Sunderland promoted by spending big money. Whilst this may be true he will presumably have a decent amount to spend down there so could realistically repeat the trick.

3) Ipswich are now going to be the most high profile club in The Championship (unless Newcastle get relegated) as far as the media are concerned.

4) I don''t think he would have been a very good manager for us due to the complete lack of funds.

5) If things don''t go to plan reasonably quickly there''s always the possibility that he might just chuck it in. If he''s spent big at this point where does that leave Ipswich?

6) And most shockingly of all. I still really like the man [:$]. Sorry [:D]
[/quote]

Here is another Scum view (Scum of the Earth that is and proud to wear the badge[:D]

1.  Yes he is a  big name.  But he is not wearing your badge is he?  So it isn''t your badge.

2. He didn''t get Sunderland promoted by spending big money.  His first astute season was very well done.  It f****d up when they actually made it as some have suggested that Delia and Co did when Nigel made it "at this moment in time".  Almost a reverse situation, possibly.  You apparently didn''t throw enough money at it - Keane threw massive sums at it and then bailed out when it didn''t work, claiming "interference" but no one interfered with his signings.  He had carte blanche so that bit is bollocks.

3. The national media interest has nothing to do with Ipswich Town.  It is entirely Keane driven in the hope and expectation that it will throw a spectacular wobbly sooner or later.  If the national media can help with this, rest assured they will.

4. No idea.

5. Potential nutter.

6. Never forgiven him for trying to wreck the hapless Ireland''s chances by doing the Big I Am and ringing up the Media to tell us exactly what he had told the hapless Mick about the c****s he was selecting. "This **** couldn''t select a team to save his ****** life."   Maybe not for Ireland but he seems to have done okay for Wolves. 

7. The man who came to blows with his hapless Irish c**t''s in a training session.  Quote from Shay Given: "I''ve never seen anything like it in my life.  There are bust ups but he just went beserk.  It makes you wonder."

As we all know, club or country matters more than anything doesn''t it?

8. It may be okay for Ipswich.

Back to writing the sleevenotes for Glazunov''s Coronation Cantata Op 56.

"This spectacular piece shows the composer in a light unknown to many and with a command of vocal and orchestral resources not replicated in any other composition by him.  The circumstances of this commission by Tsar Nicholas II are in themselves interesting............." [+o(]

No supporter has to like their manager...but as long as he is succesful, does it matter.

Let''s be honest, chances are this time next year they will most likely be celebrating promotion to the Premiership whilst we will be moaning about an average season in League One!

true qpr hardly lite the championship up did they ?

ipswich spent 12 million this year and didnt make the play offs , nothings set in stone , if results dont go ipswich way i think all hell will let loose .

CamAlthough I understand the media interest is all for Keane and not Ipswich Town they will get dragged along to some extent. Newspapers who quite often only cover two or three Championship games in any detail are going to look at them straight away because of the Keane factor. The interesting thing is working out how this sits with the image of their owner as a virtual recluse. For a man who wants his identity to remain a secret it''s a rather odd appointment. The way the media reported Keanes time in charge at Sunderland was pretty pathetic as far as I''m concerned. They almost seemed disappointed that he wasn''t beating the crap out of rival managers before being dragged away in a straight jacket after every game. Not that I''m surprised obviously [;)]And I would say that in comparison to the rest of the clubs in The Championship he did spend ''big money'' the season Sunderland got promoted.

[quote]The interesting thing is working out how this sits with the image of their owner as a virtual recluse.[/quote]To use a band analogy, If you''ve got a good front man, nobody cares who is playing bass.

I think it all depends on how much money he is given to spend.He got Sunderland promoted and kept up because he was given a lot of money to spend on players. Ipswich have speant money - no doubt about that but if he is working on a tighter budget will he still be able to get the results? A lot of managers have been labeled as good managers and seem to ride on the back of one success for a while - I am not saying that this is Keane but it could well be.I think it is strange when you have other managers about that are proven with limited budgets but have never been given that much of a chance with money to spend. Curbishly and Boothroyd for example. In my books you will see what he is made of in the summer with his signings. Will he pay over the odds for a keeper like he did with Gordon? Will he pay out good money for players he will rarely use?Is he going to be the next Bryan Robson?