Sign in to follow this  
Joe90

JONSSON STILL RUBBISH

There have been a few other posters that have disagreed with the sentiment of the title and I have to say having sat and watched the match I would side with them.

Tell me how you can curse the wide midfield players for their performances when all too often the ball bypassed them?

Jonson was no worse than anyone else on the pitch against Man City. You could mark him down for the poor crosses that he did try and put in. But was that any worse than Huckerby? When neither wide man gets the service from his defenders or his central midfield partners there''s not a lot they can do to rectify their seemingly poor performances.

Whilst I would also agree that McKenzie had a bit of a nightmare game you could also argue that he was giving it his all - it might have been for nothing but....

Similarly, Holt was tireless in his running, tracking back, tackling, closing down etc. Where he lets himself down is his distribution. There were a number of times in the first half where Charlton or Fleming nods it out, and rather than control it Holt opts to try and head it on. If he had the nowse to get it down and control it and then play it on he''d, at least, try to do a better job.

For me the City man of the match was Svensson. I thought his link up play was excellent. Shame his two front partners couldn''t do anything to compliment him. At the back Charlton and Edworthy put in performances of note. Elsewhere you''d be hard pushed to find a player that was worthy of a mention. Francis? Apart from the goal he disappeared from the match far too often.

I''m glad someone on here agrees with me.Svensson was (with Francis) the best Norwich player. His link up play was superb, and his control and positioning was head and shoulders above Leon. But he needs a partner/partners that can think outside the box (no pun intended). The same old predictable headless chicken stuff from Leon leaves Svensson stranded, and there''s no point in him having the ball if there''s no-one to pass it to.With any luck Sven will get a good run in the team because, although he''s not a goalscorer, he will make chances for others with his strength and speed of thought.