Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

Doom and gloom...you're staying up

so why so much negativity. Barnsley won''t get another point this season and you will get at least 4. Forest and Plymouth will struggle too and with your goal difference you are home and dry. I might be wrong here but at our place last week i thought defensively you are ok but just need a couple of midfield players to control the ball in the middle of the park to relieve the pressure on your defence. Add a striker to that and next year you will not be in this position.

So we need to buy two quality midfielders and a decent striker. Do you have a couple of million you could lend us then, because we''re skint or unwilling to pay the going rate. We''re operating under a "prudence with(out) ambition" policy here you see - following the Charlton model apparently (which we''re following to the letter atm - they too are going down into league 1)

Well you got Clingan for nothing so there are good players out there. There is no way you will not have a transfer budget next year. You never know the board may surprise you. Last sundays game was just my general view.  I obviously don''t see you every week but you only looked 3 players short to me.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]

so why so much negativity. Barnsley won''t get another point this season and you will get at least 4. Forest and Plymouth will struggle too and with your goal difference you are home and dry. I might be wrong here but at our place last week i thought defensively you are ok but just need a couple of midfield players to control the ball in the middle of the park to relieve the pressure on your defence. Add a striker to that and next year you will not be in this position.

[/quote]Good man![Y]

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]Well you got Clingan for nothing so there are good players out there. There is no way you will not have a transfer budget next year. You never know the board may surprise you. Last sundays game was just my general view.  I obviously don''t see you every week but you only looked 3 players short to me.[/quote]

We''re nearly a whole team short imo.Yes we will likely have a budget next year, but then a transfer kitty of Â£200 can be classed as "having a budget". Its just not a very good one.

I understand and appreciate you''re trying to cheer us up but I believe we''re in more trouble than most fans (and neutrals/outsiders) realise. Should Ipswich go up to the premiership potential turnover is Â£40m, if we go down to League 1 our turnover will likely be a mere £4m. With the fixed assets we have in place costing money to run, and the fact that we can''t cover player wages with Championship income means things look very grim. Admin is a real possibility next year no matter how much our fans try to deny it will happen.

...and in any case why would those three players want to come and play for an underachieveing team..unless it was for the Norfolk lifestyle...something which appears to have given too many players carte blanche to not really give a sh*t once on the pitch!

The doom and gloom is not about the prospect of relegation so much as the absence of any reason to believe that things are going to change for the better, regardless of whether we stay up or go down.  

Afaic it ain''t over till it''s over.  But if we survive, where''s the slightest scrap of evidence that we can expect anything except another season just like the last three?  Blind optimism just won''t do. 

[quote user="singing canary"]everything changes in time , this is a well supported club , something will give soon .. i hope .[/quote]

I''ve been thinking that for three years now - surely something''s got to give.  It hasn''t.  Those in charge are hanging on to control like grim death, and nothing short of bankruptcy will force them out imo.