Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

An opportunity for Robert Chase will soon arise.

Yep. When the financial figures required to run the club next season just won''t add up or make sense - however they are juggled - an opportunity will arise for Robert Chase to put together a Norfolk-based consortium including ( principally) Peter Cullum to launch a takeover bid.

Cullum does not apparently have the time or inclination to run the club, so would aim to put his own people in to learn the ropes under the interim chairmanship of the experienced and able Robert Chase. And as a prime shaper of the social fabric, a way should be found to involve the Norfolk County Council in creative and useful ways as a valued partner

Ideally, this will need to be prefaced by a revelation of the complete circumstances of 1994-96 including the part played by both the politicians and the clubs'' then bankers - and others hoping to be buried in the mists of history.

It''s well past time time for Norfolk to wake up and shape it''s own destiny.

We''ve been franchised out for far too long now.

No bad feelings, but.............

Tic-tok, tic-tok, tic-tok. The clock is running.

Better must come. Time for a change. Power to the people.

Football first.

OTBC

Yep, Myra Hindley is currently babysitting for me, but hopefully I can get that nice chap Fred West to take over as he is cheaper...............

[quote user="JimRoyle"]Seriously it would be interesting to hear what Mr Chase makes of our present situation!! My father-in-law works for him and said he never talks about Norwich these days.
[/quote]

Then he would not say anything obviously.

[quote user="Mange Tout"]Watching someone descend into insanity is somewhat disturbing. Mods please ban BBB for his own good.[/quote]

You''re getting desperate, Delia dear.

Strikes too close to home does it?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Mange Tout"]Watching someone descend into insanity is somewhat disturbing. Mods please ban BBB for his own good.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]I think calling posters Delia or Doncaster has replaced Binner ass the most popular riposte on here. Time to move on?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Take your pills pops.[/quote]

The education system these days has a lot to answer for.

Dear oh dear, oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I think calling posters Delia or Doncaster has replaced Binner ass the most popular riposte on here. Time to move on?
[/quote]

Mange Tout''s previous forum name included ''Delia''. - go ahead and ask her if you don''t believe me - so I would consider this situation fair game.

Frankly I don''t think people should be allowed to change their forum names on a whim or a fancy - but that;s the name of the game. So......

Nuff said.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Anyone know what Big Bob''s up to now??? How old is he??[/quote]

probably retired and laughing at the fact thhat the people who took over from him and promised so much have made more of a balls up of everything than he ever did.

Our most succesful era came under mr chase.. our worst period for 50 years almost has come under Delia....

I''ll leave others to ponder that.

jas :)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

It''s well past time time for Norfolk to wake up and shape it''s own destiny.

[/quote]

Pity you aint here to enjoy it.

Si tu id aeficas, ei venient. Ager Somnia

Ok .... only just signed so i have a bit of learning to do about the characters here. Thats my excuse for what follows [;)]Robert Chase !!! Please don''t tell me has cult hero status around here. Rose tinted specs? I hope so. Fair enough about the success we had then ... but i think that was a case of success despite the people in charge rather than because of them. The whole game has moved on since then, unfortunately making it difficult for a club like us to truly surprise the big boys.Anyone know Bill Gates Number? He''s probably got a bit of loose change [;)]

Welcome Henry - hopeful you have been allocated your supply of salt, needed for the vast majority of posts on here!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Anyone know what Big Bob''s up to now??? How old is he??[/quote]

probably retired and laughing at the fact thhat the people who took over from him and promised so much have made more of a balls up of everything than he ever did.

Our most succesful era came under mr chase.. our worst period for 50 years almost has come under Delia....

I''ll leave others to ponder that.

jas :)

[/quote]

To think we braved horses hoves and The Met''s finest so the Z list cook could ruin our club..........Jeez![:S]

This site gets more like a place for religious nutcases every day."And Lo! On the third day He rose again! And He did smite His enemies most grievously, and  did cast the she-witch into the outer darkness ....."

[quote user="rjwc22"]Welcome Henry - hopeful you have been allocated your supply of salt, needed for the vast majority of posts on here![/quote]Thought that the council gritter lorry pulling up outside was a strange sight on a sunny morning.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

This site gets more like a place for religious nutcases every day.

"And Lo! On the third day He rose again! And He did smite His enemies most grievously, and  did cast the she-witch into the outer darkness ....."

[/quote]

That would make a great pinkun headline Ron.

I always thought Bob could have made a great slingshot out of his braces[:D]

If it meant he would bring ALL the old backroom team with him then I for one would be in favour.

At least he might sort the building schedule out!!

Couldn''t sell any players because we don''t own any, so what would be left to shout at him about?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]This site gets more like a place for religious nutcases every day."And Lo! On the third day He rose again! And He did smite His enemies most grievously, and  did cast the she-witch into the outer darkness ....."

[/quote]

That would make a great pinkun headline Ron.

I always thought Bob could have made a great slingshot out of his braces[:D]

If it meant he would bring ALL the old backroom team with him then I for one would be in favour.

At least he might sort the building schedule out!!

Couldn''t sell any players because we don''t own any, so what would be left to shout at him about?

[/quote]Unfortunately true in so many ways. Find myself nodding in agreement through my tears of laughter.

I was thinking only yesterday who I would rather have in charge at the moment, between  Chase and the Smith''s, Chase any day, at least he gave us the best times as a club and not relegation to the 3rd Div.

I for one would not welcome the return of the Fat Controller in any way, shape or form. And I''m sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of others who feel the same as me.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

I for one would not welcome the return of the Fat Controller in any way, shape or form. And I''m sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of others who feel the same as me.

[/quote]

You can''t say that, as the opinions on here are a minority.

Whats good for DS is also good for RC!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed Butler. Even more of a minority in this case because I don''t remember hundreds of fans chanting his name when he sent us to the dogs in the 90''s[&]

[quote user="Henry"]Ok .... only just signed so i have a bit of learning to do about the characters here. Thats my excuse for what follows [;)]

Robert Chase !!! Please don''t tell me has cult hero status around here. Rose tinted specs? I hope so. Fair enough about the success we had then ... but i think that was a case of success despite the people in charge rather than because of them. The whole game has moved on since then, unfortunately making it difficult for a club like us to truly surprise the big boys.

Anyone know Bill Gates Number? He''s probably got a bit of loose change [;)]
[/quote]

And I suppose we''ve had pretty persistent failure for the past 12 years ''despite the people in charge rather than because of them''? Talk about rose tinted specs.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Not a very auspiscious debut one feels.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed Butler. Even more of a minority in this case because I don''t remember hundreds of fans chanting his name when he sent us to the dogs in the 90''s[&]

[/quote]

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/527.gif[/img]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/527.gif[/img]

OTBC

[/quote]

Nice to see you are up and about early Bly.

You could have reminded Nutty that a lot of people were chanting his name. I think it went "Chase is a Banker". At least that''s what my elderly mother(god rest her) told me they were saying at the time!