Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Charlton Ticket Latest - Warning!

I''ve just rang up the charlton box office to enquire about ticket availbility and here''s the results
  • The tickets at NO POINT will be going on general sale, only to ''red card'' members and those with previous history of purchasing charlton tickets
  • The tickets will NOT be on general sale outside the stadium on the day of the game as there want to ensure as far as possible no norwich fans are in the home end
  • There ARE plenty of tickets in the home end but unless you have membership or know someone that has you have no chance of getting a ticket
Just thought i''d let people who were thinking of travelling on the day to purchase a ticket so they don''t get a nasty surprise when they get there, it doesn''t matter where your postcode is (My current one is in Kent) you won''t get a ticket unless you have membership

Thats stupid, why dont they just move the 2 or 3 season ticket holders from the south stand who, lets be honest aint turning up anyway and give norwich the whole stand. They could do with the money. Whats the point in beaming the game back to carrow road? the whole point is we need everyone to get behind the team.

If you missed out on a ticket maybe you should have got your application in on time, its your own fault.

i was going to ring the charlton box office today...thanks for saving me the bother. I am so annoyed at our club over this! I see in the article on the pink un home page that they have put a freeze on membership applications (which doesn''t surprise me to be honest)

[quote user="olej"]Thats stupid, why dont they just move the 2 or 3 season ticket holders from the south stand who, lets be honest aint turning up anyway and give norwich the whole stand. They could do with the money. Whats the point in beaming the game back to carrow road? the whole point is we need everyone to get behind the team. If you missed out on a ticket maybe you should have got your application in on time, its your own fault.[/quote]

We have the whole end already. having said that from watching their goals last night it was abundantly clear that the end blocks in the stand alongside the pitch had about 5 people in them. They could easily accomodate us by giving us a block or 2 in the side stand if they wanted to. Obviously they don''t!

I had the same response myself.  I told the telephonist at Charlton that I lived in the Midlands and was going to the Brentford game on the Saturday as part of my 92 club.  She didnt even know what the 92 club is !!! Anyway, this is really shoddy treatment from both Charlton and Norwich and they will both want their fans to but tickets in the future if they are languishing in League One. To make things worse, I have purchased non refundable coach travel from Coventry for myself and two friends.

http://www.worldticketshop.com/tickets/charlton_athletic_tickets/31788_charlton_athletic-norwich_city - on there they have tthe cheapest ticket at £100, surely that''s ilegal isn''t it? Ticket touting and all??

[quote user="Big Bob"]http://www.worldticketshop.com/tickets/charlton_athletic_tickets/31788_charlton_athletic-norwich_city - on there they have tthe cheapest ticket at £100, surely that''s ilegal isn''t it? Ticket touting and all??[/quote]Don''t buy from there ffs they won''t be legit.If I didn''t have a ticket for the game I''d go anyway and try get in without one. Isn''t too difficult in all honesty.

I''m not i wouldn''t pay that kind of money, How are you supposed to get in without a ticket, when they have stewards at every entrance :S

simple go onto a charlton fc message board

start a thread "FAO charlton season ticket holders"

put in the thread

im a life long norwich fan blah blah im desperate to go to the game....seems as this is a meaningless game would any season ticket holders like to sell their match ticket for the game

you may not get positive response, but as long you nice then worth a shot

got nothing to lose

im coming from the channel islands and if they think a stupid membership card is gonna stop me there wrong.im gonna ask a charlton fan to get them for me on the day and pay him a little more

[quote user="Big Bob"]I''m not i wouldn''t pay that kind of money, How are you supposed to get in without a ticket, when they have stewards at every entrance :S[/quote]Can''t really post on here bu you''ve got to keep your eyes peeled and take oppotunities.

Got my tickets sorted! So i''ve no complaints really.

Im still surprised that we didn''t get more of an allocation, considering the amount we took their in the cup as well.

[quote user="AshGower"]

Got my tickets sorted! So i''ve no complaints really.

Im still surprised that we didn''t get more of an allocation, considering the amount we took their in the cup as well.

[/quote]

We''ve got the same allocation as for the cup game, the whole South Stand. It would be very hard for Charlton to allocate any further seats.

I know they will have to move season ticket holders to move seats but I was watching goals from charlton cardiff and in thay stand facing the camera(west stand i believe) there looked like there were only 10 or so people sitting in a few of the blocks. Surely they cant just move these few people somewhere else and give us more tickets

Don''t worry anybody who goes will get in, I got in at Fulham on the day......why.........cos cockneys aren''t daft.....welcome back the touts.....they will be filling their boots buying tickets right now and will be on the station when we all arrive ready to make a quick buck!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Don''t worry anybody who goes will get in, I got in at Fulham on the day......why.........cos cockneys aren''t daft.....welcome back the touts.....they will be filling their boots buying tickets right now and will be on the station when we all arrive ready to make a quick buck!

[/quote]

Agreed.. Go down there and get one. Been to many Norwich and England games home and away over the years without tickets and always managed to get in. Where there''s a will there''s a way.

Today, 4:03 PM

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is not online. Last active: 22/04/2009 15:00:25 Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 2,469

Re: Why are people whinging about Charlton tickets??

If the Charlton match is still relevant, then I would expect SKY to do the usual and move between the key games on the Sunday.

OTBC!

Where are the good experienced strikers?
----------------------------------------
DECLINE with Delia''s NCFC.

London canary you should head down the valley and try and get tickets from the ticket office before next Sunday, looks alot less suspicious.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]I''ve only ever done this once before vs Watford in the promotion season. Is it likely that these touted tickets are going to be in groups so that there will be other City fans around?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]

I''ve only ever done this once before vs Watford in the promotion season. Is it likely that these touted tickets are going to be in groups so that there will be other City fans around?
[/quote]

Of course they wont be - the touts (if there are any) are not going to give a rats about who you end up sitting with.

Either go or dont but please stop with the stupid questions!

Ren, if your getting def up with the "STUPID QUESTIONS" why don''t you jsut stop reading the message board?

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]I''ve only ever done this once before vs Watford in the promotion season. Is it likely that these touted tickets are going to be in groups so that there will be other City fans around?[/quote]

Of course they wont be - the touts (if there are any) are not going to give a rats about who you end up sitting with.

[/quote]It doesn''t have to be at the design of the touts - it depends upon where the tickets are available. At Watford lots of us were grouped together, I don''t know how typical this is.Ren - you are excused a response - I don''t want to tax you. You must be tired after having to read all of these words.

[quote user="Patriot15"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]

Agreed.. Go down there and get one. Been to many Norwich and England games home and away over the years without tickets and always managed to get in. Where there''s a will there''s a way.

[/quote]

Yep always works went to 1996 Euro semi final England v Germany, got tickets in German end, and even made the championship play off final last year. Touts aren''t daft they will be waiting to see if we beat Reading on Monday night before they buy!! Just turn up, pay a few bob extra and get any seat in the house and invade the pitch at the end when we stay up!!!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Ren"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]

I''ve only ever done this once before vs Watford in the promotion season. Is it likely that these touted tickets are going to be in groups so that there will be other City fans around?
[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to be at the design of the touts - it depends upon where the tickets are available. At Watford lots of us were grouped together, I don''t know how typical this is.

Ren - you are excused a response - I don''t want to tax you. You must be tired after having to read all of these words.

[/quote]

I am not the one posting all the daft questions. 

The reason people ended up sitting together at Watford was because there were loads of empty seats so people moved to the area near the Norwich fans with away end tickets.

If there are any touts at Charlton I am sure the Norwich fans who get tickets in the home end will move together as there will be 1000''s of empty seats.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Ren"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]I''ve only ever done this once before vs Watford in the promotion season. Is it likely that these touted tickets are going to be in groups so that there will be other City fans around?[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to be at the design of the touts - it depends upon where the tickets are available. At Watford lots of us were grouped together, I don''t know how typical this is.Ren - you are excused a response - I don''t want to tax you. You must be tired after having to read all of these words.[/quote]

I am not the one posting all the daft questions. 

The reason people ended up sitting together at Watford was because there were loads of empty seats so people moved to the area near the Norwich fans with away end tickets.

If there are any touts at Charlton I am sure the Norwich fans who get tickets in the home end will move together as there will be 1000''s of empty seats.

[/quote]Thanks Ren, in a roundabout way, and possibly unintentionally you have answered my question.

Anytime! 

I dont come on here to have a go.  I am just shocked at some of the stupid questions that get asked.

Now does anyone know if the Reading game is on in Outer Mongolia?