Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Brennan and Hendo

I was very pleased to see Brennan start and Hendo get a run out. I thought brennan was very tidy, didnt panik and kept the ball well. Hendo was very lively but made a few silly mistakes but i would still like seeing more of him.

What do you think of them?

Agree about Brennan.  It was nice to see him back in a Norwich shirt.  I know it must be disheartening for him being behind a player like Drury.  But hopefully we''ll see more of him

As for Hendo, I would like to see him go out on loan for a month.  I think regular football in the 1st/2nd divison would do him the world of good and hopefully come back a better player 

For hendo - he had too little time to make an impact, if he can show the lightening speed and skill that bellamy showed at his age then we are onto another winner. I feel he needs to build up his body strength more - he still looks a bit too light weight - more work outs in the gym needed.

Brennan filled in the position very well considering he had not played at the top level this season - once Drury is back though.....

Brennan looked good, but as Zipper said on another topic Hux and Drury have developed a good understanding when we play with Hux coming from the left.  Okay Bren could develop that too with a few games under his belt, but its not likely once Capitano is fit again.  I have never seen him play out and out left wing, but from what I saw last night he can pass, so maybe worth a shot as a wing back with Flem, Charlton and Drury as back 3 and Eddy as opposite wing back.

Hendo didn''t have enough time to do anything and I have only seen him play twice before now, but he looks sharp.  Very quick and not afraid of a tackle regardless of his light weight form.  I think it might worth playing more of him and hope Nigel will.  I still have faith in Helveg and Jonsson though.

Hendo had less than 10 minutes, worked a really good opening for himself in the first (I was at that end of the pitch and his run in and then out to make the space was pacy and intelligent), ditto third (but offside) and then had little more but kick and rush to deal with as we let Man C onto us.

He has some potential, and some more subs benc 10 -15 minute appearances will help: I can remember the goals against Milwall more than the barracking against Gillingham from him last season! Bringing good youngsters through is key to our business model as a club as well.

Brennan - fine, but Drury/Hucks is the cobination there: shame for Jim, but at least he knows he is definitelty second string left back now, and not completely unthought of.

Both players showed they are valued members of the squad who wont let us down when they are needed and called upon.It is just unfortunate that for this season both have players with more quality in their preferred starting spots so will have to be content to play the odd game following suspensions/injury/loss of form. At least it means that an injury in most positions now will mean we dont have to worry about who is coming in to fill the slot - a far cry from just a season a go.OTBC

Would also like to see Brennan at left wing, perhaps try him there against Blackburn, with Huckerby moving upfront instead of Svensson?

I would like to see some of our players heading out on loan. I agree with the thread stating that Hendo should go to a div 1/2 side. it would be ideal for him to get some first team action, and where better than the championship/league 1. With the ruling on loan deals, nigel would be able to recall players with only 24hours notice, so why not send out fringe players such as brennan and jarvis to keep them playing competitve football. Jarvis would benefit greatly, and brennan may increase his market value, plus would prob be content playing regularly. If any major injuries occurred then we could recall players for example the drury injury.

Ok, Svensson was good when he came on against Everton, but last night he wasn´t better then anyone else.