Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Just a couple of things I've heard.......

Don''t know if either of these have been mentioned before. I''ve heard from someone who possibly knows someone in the know (Pinch of salt has been taken!). That:-If there''s still something riding on the Norwich - Charlton game, it''ll be one of Sky''s games on the last day.&Next season Bryan Gunn is stepping down to a former position and Ian Butterworth will be taking the reigns.As I said, just something I heard! OTBC[:D]

Do not fancy butterworth at all,but comes a time{neil young} we are going to have to stick to a manager and let him build a team over time without loads of loans and please god it works out because these last few seasons have not been enjoyable.Now money is tight ticket sales will drop as the football gets worse.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Don''t know if either of these have been mentioned before. I''ve heard from someone who possibly knows someone in the know (Pinch of salt has been taken!). That:-

If there''s still something riding on the Norwich - Charlton game, it''ll be one of Sky''s games on the last day.

&

Next season Bryan Gunn is stepping down to a former position and Ian Butterworth will be taking the reigns.

As I said, just something I heard!

OTBC

[:D]
[/quote]you''ve heard correct there as Butterworth will be taking over at the end of season,

[quote user="Grando"]the Neil Doncaster and the damage done...[/quote]

Leaving us helpless......but don''t let it bring you down!

On Monday night I''ll be heading For The Turnstiles and hope that the boys are Expecting to Fly. I will be hoping that Tonight''s The Night and we Harvest 3 points as we come Down to The Wire.

C,mon lads, I Believe in you, lets finish this season Like A Hurricane.

[quote user="NorfolkC"]Is he really the best NCFC can do as a manager........??
[/quote]

yes.. because

1. he wont tread on Delias toes

2. he wont ask for money

and

3. he will go with what he''s got.

jas :)

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Grando"]the Neil Doncaster and the damage done...[/quote]

Leaving us helpless......but don''t let it bring you down!

[/quote]For what it''s worth, so bad I almost cut my hair.........

"Go with what we have got"

Love this line........usually gets rolled out around a week before the start of a new season.....

I almost like it as much as the usual "nobody does any transfer business in July"

I think Butterworth would make an excellent manager.

1) He has bags of experience.

2) Hes young and hungry for success.

3) He has loads of handy contacts: Gunn, Crook, Deehan. Need I say more?

4) He bleeds Yellow and Green.

5) He knows the club inside out.

6) He would be affordable. We cant expect the board to fork out even more money after the millions it cost them to sack Roeder and Grant. Butterworth would expect only a fraction of what Ipswich will be paying Keane.

7) He comes across as really intelligent in interviews. I promise.

8) He is a really nice family orientated guy whose image would suit our family club down to the ground.

9) He is a legend. It wouldnt be fair to deny him a chance at management after all he has done ofr the club.

I could go on. But lets face facts, Ian Butterworth is an amazing man.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

I think Butterworth would make an excellent manager.

1) He has bags of experience.

2) Hes young and hungry for success.

3) He has loads of handy contacts: Gunn, Crook, Deehan. Need I say more?

4) He bleeds Yellow and Green.

5) He knows the club inside out.

6) He would be affordable. We cant expect the board to fork out even more money after the millions it cost them to sack Roeder and Grant. Butterworth would expect only a fraction of what Ipswich will be paying Keane.

7) He comes across as really intelligent in interviews. I promise.

8) He is a really nice family orientated guy whose image would suit our family club down to the ground.

9) He is a legend. It wouldnt be fair to deny him a chance at management after all he has done ofr the club.

I could go on. But lets face facts, Ian Butterworth is an amazing man.

[/quote]

10) He knows the way to Hartlepool.

I can''t help thinking that we''ve given ourselves a bit of a ''bootroom'' set up like Liverpool had in the 80''s. A collection of people who know the club inside out, with one who is good at dealing with the media (Gunn) backed up by two guys less media-savvy but far better in terms of football knowledge on the training ground (Crook and Butterworth)Personally I have always thought that Gunn is little more than a figurehead who gives the teamtalk, and plays ''good cop'' to Crooks'' ''bad cop.''