Sign in to follow this  
billabasblue

Good to see someone is doing well in the credit crunch!!!!!!!!!!

IPSWICH Town owner Marcus Evans'' fortune has soared to an estimated £400million, it can be revealed today.

The reclusive businessman''s wealth has doubled in a year despite the recession, ranking him 128th in this year''s Sunday Times Rich List, which is published in full tomorrow.

Mr Evans'' conferencing and corporate hospitality businesses are now believed to be worth £200m while the value of his properties is also estimated at £200m.

While many in the Rich List have suffered big losses as a result of the global recession, the Blues chief - who has installed high-profile duo Roy Keane as manager and Simon Clegg as chief executive in an extraordinary week at Portman Road - has seen his personal stock rise dramatically.

He has jumped 269 places in the list from last year''s ranking of 397 and appears to have thrived despite the recession, according to the wealth expert who compiles the figures.

Philip Beresford, who said he had received fresh information on Mr Evans'' wealth since last year''s list, said: “He is doing very well indeed - he''s a Tractor Boy who can certainly afford to buy a big new tractor.

“Marcus Evans is one of the fastest risers in a list where hardly anyone has seen rises in their wealth.

“He employs 3,500 staff in 36 countries and is doing huge trade. He has certainly survived the recession.

“Because he has a worldwide business he has been able to re-focus on countries, areas and sectors that are growing.

“His company runs conferences and if there is a sector which is growing, organisations in that sector hold conferences - and that''s where Marcus Evans comes in. He is very, very good at what he does.”

Former Ipswich Town shareholder Michael Spencer, who runs City-based interdealer broker Icap, has not fared quite so well in the recession.

According to the Rich List, his fortune has dropped from £1,150m last year to £250mm this year, which has seen him plummet from 62nd last year in the list to 222nd this year.

Mr Spencer, 53, has a home in Suffolk and owned a 15% stake in Ipswich Town before Mr Evans bought the club.

Mr Evans and Mr Spencer both declined to comment on the Rich List figures.

[quote user="singing canary"]they must hear us crying all the way down the a47..!!![/quote]

Not only are you quite pathetic your geographical knowledge is poor.

[quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]

[quote user="singing canary"]they must hear us crying all the way down the a47..!!![/quote]

Not only are you quite pathetic your geographical knowledge is poor.

[/quote]

Can''t wait to see all those tear-stained scummer faces after Keano has wasted the very last penny that Evans has coughed up on yet another dud, he then quits, as he is bound to do, leaving Ippoo stuck in the Championship for another couple of decades at least.

thankyou teacher ... forgive me for being a naughty boy , i normally read signs its easier ,  i have just looked my mistake a47 to yarmouth  opps )

you want to chill out really ,

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

LMAO......You need to buy yourself a sat-nav.

[/quote]

He could save himself a lot of money by investing £1.99p in a road atlas instead.

[quote user="billabasblue"]IPSWICH Town owner Marcus Evans'' fortune has soared to an estimated £400million, it can be revealed today.The reclusive businessman''s wealth has doubled in a year despite the recession, ranking him 128th in this year''s Sunday Times Rich List, which is published in full tomorrow. Mr Evans'' conferencing and corporate hospitality businesses are now believed to be worth £200m while the value of his properties is also estimated at £200m.While many in the Rich List have suffered big losses as a result of the global recession, the Blues chief - who has installed high-profile duo Roy Keane as manager and Simon Clegg as chief executive in an extraordinary week at Portman Road - has seen his personal stock rise dramatically.He has jumped 269 places in the list from last year''s ranking of 397 and appears to have thrived despite the recession, according to the wealth expert who compiles the figures.Philip Beresford, who said he had received fresh information on Mr Evans'' wealth since last year''s list, said: “He is doing very well indeed - he''s a Tractor Boy who can certainly afford to buy a big new tractor.“Marcus Evans is one of the fastest risers in a list where hardly anyone has seen rises in their wealth.“He employs 3,500 staff in 36 countries and is doing huge trade. He has certainly survived the recession.“Because he has a worldwide business he has been able to re-focus on countries, areas and sectors that are growing.“His company runs conferences and if there is a sector which is growing, organisations in that sector hold conferences - and that''s where Marcus Evans comes in. He is very, very good at what he does.” Former Ipswich Town shareholder Michael Spencer, who runs City-based interdealer broker Icap, has not fared quite so well in the recession.According to the Rich List, his fortune has dropped from £1,150m last year to £250mm this year, which has seen him plummet from 62nd last year in the list to 222nd this year.Mr Spencer, 53, has a home in Suffolk and owned a 15% stake in Ipswich Town before Mr Evans bought the club.Mr Evans and Mr Spencer both declined to comment on the Rich List figures.[/quote]Yeh well, guns and other arms are usually quite resistent to recession. Not that it would apply to Mr Evans of course... 

Can''t wait to see all those tear-stained scummer faces after Keano has wasted the very last penny that Evans has coughed up on yet another dud, he then quits, as he is bound to do, leaving Ippoo stuck in the Championship for another couple of decades at least.

Thats what you hope happens but lets be honest he made Sunderland champions with £6m , he has more than that if he feels he needs it with us so there is every chance we will be promoted next season or the one after, I mean who do you think will be playing premiership football soonest, gunn and Smith or Evans and Keano????

Tin hats time.

But, I reckon if somehow the scum don''t get promoted in the next two years Evans will just pull the plug. Must have lost him a small fortune already.

I reckon he''ll pull the plug either way. He''s not in it for the love of the club or for football. Surely even the bitterest city fan and the stupidist scummer can see that?

Stupidist scummer[:O] Now there''s a thought[^o)]

It could be you billy boy...

I reckon it is if you can make a killing. He bought a debt on the cheap. If he chucks a few million at a promotion tilt then he can still show a tidy profit. But he has to get to the Prem before the bottom falls out. It''s a race against time[O] Will they make it[:^)] Probably not[<:o)]

[quote user="billabasblue"]

Thats what you hope happens but lets be honest he made Sunderland champions with £6m , he has more than that if he feels he needs it with us so there is every chance we will be promoted next season or the one after, I mean who do you think will be playing premiership football soonest, gunn and Smith or Evans and Keano????

[/quote]

I don''t care about your crappy little club, so why don''t you sod off back to a binner board.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon it is if you can make a killing. He bought a debt on the cheap. If he chucks a few million at a promotion tilt then he can still show a tidy profit. But he has to get to the Prem before the bottom falls out. It''s a race against time[O] Will they make it[:^)] Probably not[<:o)]

[/quote]

More than a few million Nutty he has already spent around £30m in terms of buying the club and clearing the debts, investing in new players new mangers, ceos etc and he covers the clubs annual loss each year himself, if reports are to be believed he will invest another £10-£20m on players next season, that will be around £40-£50m of hard cash spent, there is no way a man like Marcus evans would just walk away with a £50m loss, he is very much in us for the long term as it is the only way he will ever get his money back let alone make a profit, I can understand that as a bitter Norwich fan you would want to try and turn a positive into a negative, Im sure If I were in your shoes (no money, admin looming, relegation almost certain, delia and gunn in charge) I would be doing much the same! The facts are that Evans will not stop until our club is established in the premier league