Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

barnsleys poor form may save our bacon .

i have just noticed barnsley have won one leauge game in the last ten .

final two fixtures wolves at home and plymouth away , wolves will want to win to secure the tittle , and plymouth away is a big task .

forest have yet to play southampton , so one or both teams will drop points .

1 win at home still could be enough for us .

we still have to win you know, and even if Charlton do let us win, we will probably have to pick up at least 1 point from Reading on Monday

[quote user="singing canary"]

i have just noticed barnsley have won one leauge game in the last ten .

final two fixtures wolves at home and plymouth away , wolves will want to win to secure the tittle , and plymouth away is a big task .

forest have yet to play southampton , so one or both teams will drop points .

1 win at home still could be enough for us .

[/quote]

If Roeder had been in charge for the Barnsley game we would have been down already because we definitely wouldn''t have picked up 3 pts against them.

I just hope that Plymouth still have something to play for on the last day because we saw tonight what could happen when a team has nothing to play for...

Yes.. this hasn''t gone unnoticed in this neck of the woods. At the end of February they were 6 points in front of us with 2 games in hand. If Plymouth lose at QPR on Saturday our saving grace could be that they can''t both win the last game. I still feel that 4 points could be enough but 6 definitely should be. However it''s still possible to go down even if we win both. We will know more on Saturday.

What they''re saying on the Barnsley messageboards, hope this comes out ok to read.

sadbrewer

Posted 21/4/2009 11:41 PM (#933008)
Subject: I don''t know which way things will go,but...

Veteran

(86.162.215.4)

despite tonights disappointment,I wouldn''t swap places with Norwich

ryhilltyke

Posted 21/4/2009 11:40 PM (#933005)
Subject: maybe just hope, but i only see norwich getting 1 more point

Expert

(90.216.160.197)

reading look back at it, and charlton showed tonight, they''re not going to roll over

DSLRed

Posted 21/4/2009 11:14 PM (#932965 - in reply to #932945)
Subject: Only problem with that theory

Elite Veteran

(86.130.87.38)

is that they don''t play Norwich until Monday, so by then will know the Brum score. I agree that if Brum lose to Preston then Reading will be all guns blazing as, with the last game being Brum, automatic promotion is effectively back in their hands then.

In practise, the Brum vs Preston game has a major bearing for us. Fascinating how the permutations work ain''t it.

I think that Reading will go for it anyway on Monday as they will want to try and ensure a top 4 finish to play at home in the second leg. If results go for them elsewhere, they may then rest players for the final game at Brum.

onemickybutler

Posted 21/4/2009 10:30 PM (#932851 - in reply to #932841)
Subject: Re: Why have Reading got nowt to play for

Elite Veteran

(82.38.8.187)

They sound pretty confident and to be honest i would prefer to be in their position than ours.

Well  to me it just looks like they are looking for positives in order to see reasons for their team to stay up where as most on here look for negatives to see reasons for us to get relegated. On Saturday they play the league leaders. There''s no way that''s an easier game than ours against Reading on Monday. They go into that match having won just one of their last 10 games. They have the upper hand right now but we could have it back by this time next week. It''s all still to play for and I hope our team are as positive as their message board and their team are as negative as most of ours.

[quote user="Asteroid"]you must remove post that say bacon. I do not like bacon.[/quote]You must remove all your posts. I do not like asteroids.I''m more of a comet or meteoroid guy.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Asteroid"]you must remove post that say bacon. I do not like bacon.[/quote]You must remove all your posts. I do not like asteroids.I''m more of a comet or meteoroid guy.[/quote]

you sound more like a Haemorrhoids kind of person.