Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

To stay up

It is not going to all fall into place...our time to pull clear was last few weeks and we turned in some very sorry performances. I hold out a tiny hope...but realistically the hapless performance at Blackpool etc will come back to haunt us.

It''s QPR we need to score most. That would guarantee us ''only'' needing 4 points to be sure of survival.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]It is not going to all fall into place...our time to pull clear was last few weeks and we turned in some very sorry performances. I hold out a tiny hope...but realistically the hapless performance at Blackpool etc will come back to haunt us.[/quote]

Agree, the time has been and gone and IMO the damage was done weeks ago.  I have long accepted our fate does not lie in our own hands, but the 11 that go on the pitch.

It could be conceivable that on the final day of the season both Barnsley and Plymouth could both need just a point to stay up, hmm I wonder what that result will be if that is the case...

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]It is not going to all fall into place...our time to pull clear was last few weeks and we turned in some very sorry performances. I hold out a tiny hope...but realistically the hapless performance at Blackpool etc will come back to haunt us.[/quote]C''mon vicar, have faith! [;)]

[quote user="The Walking Man"]It could be conceivable that on the final day of the season both Barnsley and Plymouth could both need just a point to stay up, hmm I wonder what that result will be if that is the case...[/quote]

Hmmm don''t know but it is now squeaky bum time, I will be a juddering wreck come Monday evening lol

Faith = a small leap based on sound and reasonable arguments and evidence

Blind faith= believing in anything and everything against all reasonable judgement.

I can go with the former not the latter. Sorry- whilst I concede we might get REALLY lucky, 6 points seems unlikely given the shower of ***te we have been served this season. Alas- I have this horrid feeling that the Prem season will happen all over again- whereby a draw would do it but we fold and lose in spectacular style. People may disagree - and players may CLAIM they are mentally tough- but were that the case Blackpool and Sheff Wed would NEVER have happened.

IMO we have a rubbish squad- far too lightweight per person for this rough tough man''s division. Skill is there- but it is not enough in a hurly burly world. I also think that any team that fails to wake up and smell the coffee having just survived a season (as was the case last year) and still refuses to buy a proven goalscorer is ASKING for trouble and deserves all that comes. I say that with a very heavy heart- I love the club. But we simply failed to deal with the problems that were clearly present last year- and they desperately needed dealing with. If you dont grasp nettles you end up with problems.

Last year we got lucky THAT was the time to address the problems. Instead the board crossed fingers and hoped for the best...it did not work.