Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Team against Reading......

With the news today that Croft has less than 50 percent chance of starting.  Who else can play right wing apart from young Cody?   Gunn HAS to get the team right!

Marshall

Semmy        Shackell        Doc        Bertrand

Cody           Clingan        Russell      Carney

Lee                 Gow

I guess you could play Carney right wing and play Lappin left wing. I don''t really like the sound of that, just does not seem much of an attacking threat down the wings! God help us!!

Could the Croft 50-50 announcement be a smoke screen to keep Reading guessing about our line up? If he doesn''t make it, my team would be:

Marshall

Ostemobor     Doherty  Shackell   Bertrand

Gow           Russell      Clingan      Lappin

Lee        McDonald

If Croft is fit, he comes in wide right, and Gow goes up front in place of McDonald. Lappin to play wide left, with the remit to hit cross after cross into the box for Alan Lee. Lappin has his limitations, but he can play a very accurate ball. Oh, and if I was Gunn, I''d remind everyone the game is on sky, and all football managers will be watching. A chance to be in the shop window for all our players. And I want Gunn to say it whilst looking at Sammy Clingan. Go out there and perform for yourself Sammy like you did against Ipswich in our 2-0 win - everyone benefits!

I would go with Canary Poirot''s team. Definitely would not play Carney - not Championship standard. There seems to be talk that beating Reading is a formality. Not so, we have been very poor this season particularly when it comes to creating goals. I hope I am proved wrong but it looks like a draw to me. It really is touch and go whether or not we stay up. Its in the lap of the gods !!!

[quote user="vos"]

There seems to be talk that beating Reading is a formality. Not so,
[/quote]

Why would anybody think beating them is a formality?

Everyone knows it''s a tough game but it''s a game we have to win.

I don''t think anyone out there sees it as a formality.