Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Pleased with todays results but......

......when did we become a club that had to rely on others results? Dont know whether to feel happy, as results went our way, or sad that we bank on the likes of scumbag wolves and those giants Blackpool bailing us out??????

Saying that I feel we will win 2-0 against Reading and beat Charlton by the odd goal and secure our status.

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"]

......when did we become a club that had to rely on others results? Dont know whether to feel happy, as results went our way, or sad that we bank on the likes of scumbag wolves and those giants Blackpool bailing us out??????

Saying that I feel we will win 2-0 against Reading and beat Charlton by the odd goal and secure our status.

[/quote]I know how you feel, Adolf. It''s a damn shame that we''ve sunk so low that we have to rely on the misfortunes of others just to maintain our league status for another season, but that''s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Right now I just want to see City do what it takes to survive, then I''ll start getting shirty with those responsible for it. [Y]Up The Yellows!Flash- a dirty board sympathiser [;)]

Remember that Plymouth v Barnsley next Sunday !

If we can beat Reading not only would it put us above Barnsley but would put us within 2 points of Plymouth.

Plymouth would then know that us/Barnsley would only be within 2 points of them -and can''t afford a home defeat , therefore we would only need to match whatever Barnsley do at Plymouth - we could stay up with only 3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

If we can beat Reading not only would it put us above Barnsley but would put us within 2 points of Plymouth.

Plymouth would then know that us/Barnsley would only be within 2 points of them -and can''t afford a home defeat , therefore we would only need to match whatever Barnsley do at Plymouth - we could stay up with only 3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

However if we only draw against Reading, Plymouth will be safe on 51 points so will have no incentive to beat Barnsley.

The biggest disappointment today was Plymouth drawing and Southampton not winning because now Southampton have no incentive at Forest.

A win Monday is vital if we are to maintain pressure on the other relegation rivals.

Certainly Mondays game is now probably the biggest game in the last 50 odd years - with todays results and Plymouth still in the firing line a win on Monday night might just see us home aslong we match Barnsley - MONDAY IS MASSIVE

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

However if we only draw against Reading, Plymouth will be safe on 51 points so will have no incentive to beat Barnsley.

The biggest disappointment today was Plymouth drawing and Southampton not winning because now Southampton have no incentive at Forest.

A win Monday is vital if we are to maintain pressure on the other relegation rivals.

[/quote]

Results could have been slightly better, but I''m not complaining with that - not when Barnsley were winning with 6 minutes to go!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, the Plymouth result is a blow.  Had they lost today and we''d got a draw on Monday, a win against Charlton would have seen us safe, whatever the result between Plymouth and Barnsley (I think??)  Now however, unless we win against Reading, Plymouth are safe and have nothing to play for.

Listening to the report on the match on Sky in sounded like Plymouth were the better side throughout, against a QPR side thats only scored 2 in their last 7?, I suppose we should count ourselves fortunate that Plymouth didn''t win today and put themselves safe already.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perfect assessment Ricardo,  particularly wanted Saints to win for just that reason, so Forest are probably out of sight now. Never has a game been more "must win" than Monday night. So cauldron of noise required, even from those sleeping in the N & P. Then I agree with Flasheart, if we make it to safety we still need to deal with those who put us in this mess to start with. Just cannot for the life of me see us actually winning the last two games. So win v Reading, draw at Charlton = 50 points. Plymouth being worried enough about being sucked in, so they draw at home to Barnsley, leaving Barnsley on 50 points but with worse goal diff. That Wolves goal could be HUGE!

Norwich must come out of the traps on Monday evening and play for the full 90 minutes. Lets hope the players are up for it. Bryan needs to play Alan Lee, Cody Mac up front from the start. Come on you yellows, you can do it.

[quote user="greenbird"]Norwich must come out of the traps on Monday evening and play for the full 90 minutes. Lets hope the players are up for it. Bryan needs to play Alan Lee, Cody Mac up front from the start. Come on you yellows, you can do it.[/quote]Agreed on starting with Lee and Cody. Both have the qualities we want - passion, skill and no fear. Would like to see Gow too.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Certainly Mondays game is now probably the biggest game in the last 50 odd years - with todays results and Plymouth still in the firing line a win on Monday night might just see us home aslong we match Barnsley - MONDAY IS MASSIVE[/quote]It''s Massive Monday!!!Followed by Survival Sunday!!!

Ooh, or Massive Must-win Monday!!!Followed by Certain Survival Sunday!!!I think I need a sedative. [:^)]

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"]

[/quote]

It`s a very sad state of  affairs Adolf, but  I hope your right about th Reading game..

A win over Reading will be unlikely.  They are 4th and fighting for home field advantage in the playoffs, are they not?  We are 22nd.  Stop assuming they won''t be playing hard since they are guarenteed a playoff spot.

They can still make automatic promotion HC, they are 6 points behind Bham with a afr superior Goal difference, and they play each other on the last game of the season, exciting times.

Everything points to Monday being an incredibly tough match for us. Reading have everything to play for and will be really up for it and on a pitch which will suit their game (as at Derby last week) plus there isn''t any real stress on them as they aren''t really expecting to make automatic promotion but it would be amazing if they did. On the other hand there is huge negative pressure on our players who could choke on the night. We need the players to dig deep as never before. It''s a shame Croft is probably out because I think he does well in these games. I''m hoping and praying that we see something a bit special from the boy Cody. Otherwise it''s goodnight Vienna.

Thanks, ncfc90.  I had not even thought of Reading still trying for top 2. Either way, they are not coming to Carrow Road to give their scrubs a run out.

Every player in a Norwich shirt should treat the Reading game like an FA Cup Final - but of course half of ''em (except Lee & Carney) are on loan with Premier clubs/wages to go back to, and nobody can convince me that those players will give the 100% effort required - there''s no doubting that the loan players raise their games against stiffer opposition (as witnessed in the four performances against Wolves & Birmingham; especially the first couple of fixtures earlier in the season with the January sales looming and a chance of a recall) but as the season draws to a close I can''t see these players busting a gut to impress their clubs or get sold in the Summer.

As ever, I hope I''m proved wrong and the loan players play like it''s their last game of football, because we sure as hell ''aint going to garner the necessary points with half a team performing with one eye on Third tier contracts.