Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

FA Cup Final Ticket Allocation - A disgrace

I have just read the article on the bbc sport website about the ticket allocation everton and chelsea have arrived with particular reference to everton. Each club has been given 25,000 each in a stadium that holds 90,000...with 40,000 given to ''the football family'', this is an absolute disgrace, next year I have no doubt that ''the football family'' will recieve halve of the total tickets (45,000).

What sort of message does this send out from the corporate bigwigs?! Many fans dream is to see they''re team play in the fa cup final at wembley (outside the big four who must be bored of cup finals by now) and to see ''the football family'' taking up the tickets after years of watching your team up and down the country week in week out, spending a fortune must be sickening.

You seem to be under the impression that those who run the game give a flying fuck about supporters. We are merely sources of income!

Surely this is one issue on which all football fans can agree. The FA''s position on this is utterly indefensible. Also on the BBC site was an article in which the FA were vowing to close down internet sites offering Cup final tickets for resale. The hypocrisy of it is staggering - if the FA stopped giving tickets to people who don''t really want them, then they wouldn''t get into touts'' hands in the first place.

Beausant, you''re obviously right, and it''s been a long time since I stopped thinking that the FA cares about the fans. I''m still angry about it though.

It''s exactly the same disgusting grace and favour cr*p that riddles this country from top to bottom. Be great if the real fans boycotted but it''ll never happen.

Available capacity is nowhere near 90,000. The complete middle tier has been sold to people who can use the seats for all Wembley events. A lerge proportion of the bottom tier are also owned by companies who helped pay for the stadium. You see these seats always empty at the start of the second half.

I would be surprised if there are more than 60,000 tickets available.

[quote user="matt8"]Sorry top sound stupid here, but who the f*** are the football family?[/quote]

the sponsors, the corporate hospitality, the ceo''s of huge companies, the ''fans'' of manchester united and chelsea, i.e. the people that have no real interest in the game of football, the people who go to talk about future projects and investments and to say they were there....

When I ran a Sunday football team you could apply for two final tickets in November, if you were drawn out of the ballot which was usually 70% of the time you got tickets.

I got to see most of the finals in the 90''s this way. A large amount of tickets are allocated this way and have been for decades.

As much as it nice for all the sunday football teams to get tickets at the end of the day actual supporters of the teams are missing out on tickets to the game.

I know now that because sky mentioned ticket touts the fa suddenly has jumped onto their bandwagon and are trying to clamp down on ticket touts. The fact is the reason so many of these tickets are available on the black market is again the FA''s fault. They give like 10,000 or even more maybe to sponsors and then ofcourse they dont know what to do with them so they just sell them on. If they gave the majority of the tickets to the fans in the first place then very few would get through to the black market

[quote user="Eam"]When I ran a Sunday football team you could apply for two final tickets in November, if you were drawn out of the ballot which was usually 70% of the time you got tickets.

I got to see most of the finals in the 90''s this way. A large amount of tickets are allocated this way and have been for decades.[/quote]Do you think that''s right, Eam? I am genuinely interested. I would have thought that there are lots of ways to reward those people who work behind the scenes and in the grass roots - tickets to England games, Premier League games etc, rather than depriving fans of the two clubs the chance to go to the Final.If City reached the final (don''t laugh, Millwall did a few years ago), 25,000 tickets wouldn''t be nearly enough.And I know that most of the tickets have already been promised to the people who bankrolled the stadium, but that''s ridiculous too - the game is awash with money, and there should have been no need to finance the stadium in that way. What it has meant is that FA Cup semi-finals and all England games have to be played there, which is absurd. The FA are absolutely useless in every respect.

[quote user="Beauseant"]You seem to be under the impression that those who run the game give a flying fuck about supporters. We are merely sources of income![/quote]

And those lucky football family folk who get corporate tickets for the final....that are infinitely more interested in what''s on the the menu than what''s on the team-sheet...nice.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="Eam"]When I ran a Sunday football team you could apply for two final tickets in November, if you were drawn out of the ballot which was usually 70% of the time you got tickets.

I got to see most of the finals in the 90''s this way. A large amount of tickets are allocated this way and have been for decades.[/quote]Do you think that''s right, Eam? I am genuinely interested. I would have thought that there are lots of ways to reward those people who work behind the scenes and in the grass roots - tickets to England games, Premier League games etc, rather than depriving fans of the two clubs the chance to go to the Final.If City reached the final (don''t laugh, Millwall did a few years ago), 25,000 tickets wouldn''t be nearly enough.And I know that most of the tickets have already been promised to the people who bankrolled the stadium, but that''s ridiculous too - the game is awash with money, and there should have been no need to finance the stadium in that way. What it has meant is that FA Cup semi-finals and all England games have to be played there, which is absurd. The FA are absolutely useless in every respect.[/quote] I agree completely it is wrong but I doubt they will ever change the way they distribute the tickets. Every club gets an allocation, the likes of Norwich probally get a few dozen. The league cup ticket allocation is limited to league clubs so there has traditionally  been more commited supporters at these finals. I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the 73 final off Peterborough Utd. after missing out from Norwich.

[quote user="The Lord"]

I have just read the article on the bbc sport website about the ticket allocation everton and chelsea have arrived with particular reference to everton. Each club has been given 25,000 each in a stadium that holds 90,000...with 40,000 given to ''the football family'', this is an absolute disgrace, next year I have no doubt that ''the football family'' will recieve halve of the total tickets (45,000).

What sort of message does this send out from the corporate bigwigs?! Many fans dream is to see they''re team play in the fa cup final at wembley (outside the big four who must be bored of cup finals by now) and to see ''the football family'' taking up the tickets after years of watching your team up and down the country week in week out, spending a fortune must be sickening.

[/quote]

It has always been like this and it''s just that the BBC have finally woken up to it.

Norwich will have their freebies for the Cup Final.  You are part of the football family.

Aren''t you?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Lord"]

[/quote]

It has always been like this and it''s just that the BBC have finally woken up to it.

Norwich will have their freebies for the Cup Final.  You are part of the football family.

Aren''t you?

[/quote]

PS: All your directors get two freebies, the Manager also.  Our one press pass (Accredited Press Reprenstative No.........) arrived in March.