Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Future back in Norwich hands

Whilst Barnsley have 3 extra points in the bag the last few minutes of their last 2 games has seen them throw away 4 points, we could have been dead and buried already now. They ugly scenes at Barnsley today did not show a club that had just won a good point against the champions, their supportsers and team were seriously unhappy. Sounds simple but win both our games now and there is nothing anyone else can do about it and we are safe. Indded there is the possibility that one win will do if Barnsley were to lose at Plymouth.Home to Reading is a vital game and of course 3 points are vital but it is no longer a do or die must win game

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Whilst Barnsley have 3 extra points in the bag the last few minutes of their last 2 games has seen them throw away 4 points, we could have been dead and buried already now. They ugly scenes at Barnsley today did not show a club that had just won a good point against the champions, their supportsers and team were seriously unhappy. Sounds simple but win both our games now and there is nothing anyone else can do about it and we are safe. Indded there is the possibility that one win will do if Barnsley were to lose at Plymouth.Home to Reading is a vital game and of course 3 points are vital but it is no longer a do or die must win game[/quote]

Unfortunately it is because anything else makes Plymouth safe and thus they have no need to beat Barnsley.

Yorkshire, while mathematically you are correct, as has already been stated on other threads if one wants Plymouth to be motivated for the Barnsley game, then surely we have to beat Reading. We are running out of options to make the odds of survival as good as they can possibly be. Today three other teams ensured their survival reducing our rival options to two . If we fail to beat Reading then we ensure Plymouth''s survival ( meaning we might as well concede Barnsley the three points as Plymouth have shown in many games they are not prepared to show up). This would leave our only hope being that Forest fail to get a single point at home against Southampton, which also now have nothing to play for. Bottom line, if we fail to beat Reading the odds makers would significantly adjust their numbers multiple times extending large odds that we will be relegated. So yes, in all but mathematics, Reading is a must win game. Not an easy proposition now that Birmingham has left the door open for Reading to still have a peek at automatic promotion. 

It is actually quite simple now: win both games and we are 100% sure of our safety, if we win one (either would do!) and Barnsley lose to Plymouth we are safe.  A draw and a win for us (either game) would mean that Barnsley needed to beat Plymouth to send us down.  The scary thing is that if we fail to win either game, though, it doesn''t make any difference what happens elsewhere.

The idea that Plymouth might not be bothered next week is a bit daft, if it came to it, but a win for us against Reading will keep them interested, as then defeat in the final game could still see them down.   

Charlton have no reason to beat us either Ricardo, but i wouldn''t call that one a banker.

[quote user=""]Charlton have no reason to beat us either Ricardo, but i wouldn''t call that one a banker.[/quote]

Usually when the home team is already relegated by the last game, they put in an extra shift to say thanks to the supporters. Will this be one of those occasions?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user=""]Charlton have no reason to beat us either Ricardo, but i wouldn''t call that one a banker.[/quote]

Usually when the home team is already relegated by the last game, they put in an extra shift to say thanks to the supporters. Will this be one of those occasions?

[/quote]

Their fans would love it if they took us down with them . . .

No longer do or die ????Holy cow. Smell the damn coffee. We are on the brink of relegation !I dont care what anyone says. We need 6 points to stay up. Thats what we should be aiming for.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]No longer do or die ????

Holy cow. Smell the damn coffee. We are on the brink of relegation !
I dont care what anyone says. We need 6 points to stay up. Thats what we should be aiming for.
[/quote]

I am inhaling the bean juice. Yes we are right on the brink. I expect us to lose to Reading and then maybe get a point at Charlton. That is fair and reasonable I think considering where we are and how we have been playing. How can we expect this team that have let us down on so many occasions to suddenly turn in world beating performances whilst under huge pressure just because now they really have to? It all seems a bit far fetched. All those games in the Autumn sunshine where we lost games playing fanny-about football and having ''murdered'' the opposition and Roeder faffing about trotting out his usual lamentations about how we needed to be more ruthless in front of goal but ''taking the positives from the game'' instead of ****** **** signing a ********** striker like Alan Lee! (or even Alan Lee himself). If we stay up it will be a miracle or miracles. I hope I feel a bit more optimistic tomorrow!

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Their fans would love it if they took us down with them . . .

[/quote]

Might they also think that if we go down it will make their chances of quick promotion rather more difficult, as we will surely be one of the favourites for a prompt return !!  

''Might they also think that if we go down it will make their chances of quick promotion rather more difficult, as we will surely be one of the favourites for a prompt return !!''

You think so? Forest didn''t come back up at the first time of asking, Leeds are still down there, no guarantees they''ll be back this season. Quite simply it''s all in Norwich''s hands now, two wins & they''re safe. If the players can''t be arsed getting their act together now then they''re no use to anyone.