Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Crowd

I think we have to turn the stadium in to the same as a Liverpool European night, I feel this would give the team a boost and I always feel it gives them a goal start. We have all got to make as much positive noise as possible even if we go a goal down we have to stick with the lads.

[quote user="birdman"]I think we have to turn the stadium in to the same as a Liverpool European night, I feel this would give the team a boost and I always feel it gives them a goal start. We have all got to make as much positive noise as possible even if we go a goal down we have to stick with the lads.[/quote]

You''re forgetting that only a third of the stadium actually makes any noise ... unlike Anfield or Fratton Park where crowds change games. A fiery atmosphere influences players and referees.

Why can''t the whole stadium roar for once for 90 minutes. We have too many passive/sedate/grumbling supporters. We need everyone, OAPs, kids, parents, babies to scream on the team regardless of how nervous they start or how uninspiring the football might be. I fear this is too much to ask from our docile sections at Carrow Road. 

Football has changed enormously over the last 25 years and the nature of the "average" supporter has changed with it.  In the pre-Hillsborough days when terracing was the norm crowds were made up of more from the "working class" (whatever that means) and fewer of the "happy clappy", prawn-sandwich eating, Johnny-come-latelys. Although the size of the crowd has increased over recent years because of the improvements in comfort and safety, much of the passion has gone.  As a result we know need piped music being blared out right up to the point the ref starts the game in order to give the illusion of an atmosphere.  Sad to say, but it''s probably unlikely that any areas other than the usual 2 will generate any significant noise tomorrow.  The flip side of showing passion when getting behind the team is the willingness to show a bit of passion in voicing dissent when things are going hopelessly wrong and once again the new breed of "happy clappy" supporters seem unwilling to do that either.

I sit in the upper Barclay end close to the Snake Pit and there the atmosphere is always fantastic. However in the past I have watched matches in the family area and the Jarrold Stands, where there is very little noise at all.