Sign in to follow this  
Area BU

Shocked by the sheer negativity of so called City 'fans'

[quote user="Badger"]
The negative people that post so regularly on here are not representative of most fans. Sure, we are all gutted to be where we are but very few of us are calling for our teams relegation and looking forward to administration.

It’s inevitable that some fans will abandon the team when the going gets tough – it always happens – that’s why attendance tend to be lower when teams do poorly. It nearly always happens.

The issue here is that those that have abandoned the club are trying to justify their stance and in some perverse way blame the huge numbers that continue to support the club through thick and thin. They have a megalomaniac fantasy that if only the rest of us were as wise as them, everything would be made better.

The key thing to remember is they represent nobody other than themselves – the vast majority of us will be doing our best to support the team on Monday, not planning protests/ boycotts or praying for defeat!

[/quote]

So the vast majority also have their heads up their backsides then...

no we just need the current board to do whats right for this club and the people of norwich , and being realistic of what she wants for it .

if delia wants to be stubborn , shes cutting off her nose to spite her face , the value of this club is going down , why ??they cant run it properly , so she will lose money on it .

its only a matter of time , i really hope she admits defeat .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Badger"]The negative people that post so regularly on here are not representative of most fans. Sure, we are all gutted to be where we are but very few of us are calling for our teams relegation and looking forward to administration.It’s inevitable that some fans will abandon the team when the going gets tough – it always happens – that’s why attendance tend to be lower when teams do poorly. It nearly always happens. The issue here is that those that have abandoned the club are trying to justify their stance and in some perverse way blame the huge numbers that continue to support the club through thick and thin. They have a megalomaniac fantasy that if only the rest of us were as wise as them, everything would be made better. The key thing to remember is they represent nobody other than themselves – the vast majority of us will be doing our best to support the team on Monday, not planning protests/ boycotts or praying for defeat![/quote]

So the vast majority also have their heads up their backsides then...

[/quote]Well obviously us ordinary people are not as wise as you!Thank you, oh wise one, for your wisdom. It is kind of you to bother withus poor humble folk and try to help us. You have now persauded me with you thoughtful words. I hope the rest of us mindless idiots will be as easy to persaude.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

And why don''t we go?  Not because we don''t want to, but we believe that shoving more money into the hands of this useless board is the best way to support our club.  It''s like continuing to stuff your child with junk food even though it''s morbidly obese.

If more of you had voted with your feet this nightmare would be over by now.

[/quote]Absolute rubbish, you really don''t have a clue. It''s a good job your in the minority, if all the fans took your perspective on things, we''d be where Southampton are right now. If a potential investor came in, and looked at our accounts, and could see that the Norwich fans don''t spend any money, they are a lot less likely to want to invest in us, its common sense, if they came in and saw we spend a lot of money in our football club, then they would want to invest in us. How can some people be so thick and not see this?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="canary cherub "]

And why don''t we go?  Not because we don''t want to, but we believe that shoving more money into the hands of this useless board is the best way to support our club.  It''s like continuing to stuff your child with junk food even though it''s morbidly obese.

If more of you had voted with your feet this nightmare would be over by now.

[/quote]Absolute rubbish, you really don''t have a clue. It''s a good job your in the minority, if all the fans took your perspective on things, we''d be where Southampton are right now. If a potential investor came in, and looked at our accounts, and could see that the Norwich fans don''t spend any money, they are a lot less likely to want to invest in us, its common sense, if they came in and saw we spend a lot of money in our football club, then they would want to invest in us. How can some people be so thick and not see this?[/quote]I don''t think that you have been paying attention Ellis - it is the vast majority of us that are thick. The ones who want us relegated, in administration etc are far-seeing and wise like Columbus apparently.

Its the people that continually support Delia and her band of idiots that are thick and harming this club , you are supporting a woman who has all but destroyed this club , how many seasons before we get back to the Championship , never with her owning us.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its the people that continually support Delia and her band of idiots that are thick and harming this club , you are supporting a woman who has all but destroyed this club , how many seasons before we get back to the Championship , never with her owning us.
[/quote]

What I don''t understand is how you can tell the difference between the people you imagine are supporting Delia and those you imagine aren''t. How do you tell them apart?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its the people that continually support Delia and her band of idiots that are thick and harming this club , you are supporting a woman who has all but destroyed this club , how many seasons before we get back to the Championship , never with her owning us.[/quote]

What I don''t understand is how you can tell the difference between the people you imagine are supporting Delia and those you imagine aren''t. How do you tell them apart?

[/quote] Iwould think anybody who applauds her or sings her name is supporting her .

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts! Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing. Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone. People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]

Think you''ll find that out of the 100 or so regular posters on here only about half of them go to every home game week in and week out, the rest just like to moan and groan from their armchairs.

25,000 of us fans will be there raising the roof on Monday night and spurring them on to victory, don''t you worry.

[/quote]

I''m one of those 25.000 that don''t miss a home game either, and here I am celebrating my 57 birthday today, would much rather had been at Carrow road today but have to wait for my birthday presant on Monday, but you can be sure I will be singing louder than some of you lot  

How many of those 25,000 go to away games too. I''d love to go to more games at carrow road but with a round trip of over 500 miles I''m not prepared to do when I see a board that scrimps and is weak in their decisions.

I can''t fault people being positive about monday night but be realistic that all is not well at NCFC and believing that just being positive will turn it around is foolish. People are negative because they are fed up of this club putting prudence top of their list and ambition is always at the bottom.

Then we see down the road who have had an above average season getting rid of their chief executive and replacing their manager(I hasten to add in an un-personal manner)without the circus that follows a NCFC managerial appointment usually with the parading of that circus chimp to boot.

It''s surely a very dangerous thing to label fans as either negative, positive, anti club, board or whatever. I think most of us can fit into any of those categories fleetingly at various times and due to certain events.

I agree with CA though, most of the regular posters on here do attend games when they can and support the team. I certainly will be going on Monday (being lucky enough to have a season ticket and living in the city) so will give all the support I can.

That said though, I think come the end of the season a long session of navel gazing awaits the board of directors. Though I renew my ticket every year and attend games does not mean I agree with everything that goes on at Carrow Road. But first and foremost I support the club, whoever owns it/is manager etc.

It''s what we do and what we all need to do when it''s as important as the Reading game. Nerves in shreds or not!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts! Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing. Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone. People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]

End of the day we are now big time in the sh*t!

We are by far the favourites for the last remaining relegation place and thats not being negative just realistic!

This has been coming ever since the premiership season, yes Grant and Roeder were a disaster but our problems began before them. We''ve seen with Stoke this season what can be achieved if you if you have a proper go by. Worthy was not given the correct funds. Spending £2M on Peter Crouch that season would of given us another year in the Premiership at least and would of seen the club in a far better financial state than what we are now. Worthy then started to lose the plot by replacing Mackay with Simon Charlton and ended up staying a year longer than he should of done.

That said I''m a Norwich fan through and through and while we''ve got a chance I''ll back them to the hilt!

My opinion on the board is that I aprciate them putting their money inot keeping the club going cause hardly anyu of us fans could do the same although they need replacing cause they have got long in the tooth, made to many mistakes and don''t have the neccessary finance to push the club forward!

If any fans want to protest about the club it should be done after we know our fate this season not before!

[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

The negativity is down to the fact that the club has now had 4 crap seasons on the trot during which time the football side has got steadily worse, half the players playing we don''t own, their are no heroes in the team, we are constantly told by the board we are lucky to have what we do, yet we get outplayed and outfought by clubs much smaller than us, which are run on much smaller budgets.

Things don''t add up! The drivel that comes out of the Chief Exec''s and Chairman''s mouthes just perpetuate the problems. They blame everyone else but themselves yet then openly admit that Roeder and Grant were not up to the job of managing! Yet in both cases, the board chose those two ahead of other better qualified candidates.

If the club is run in the same way over the next 4 years then i have no doubt we will end up in League Two by the end of it. I just want a club and team i can be proud of. With the best will in the world, i cannot believe anyone is proud of the last 4 years!

What is there to be negative about ?We have a nice friendly family club all set for league one action !What more could you want ?????????

[quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its the people that continually support Delia and her band of idiots that are thick and harming this club , you are supporting a woman who has all but destroyed this club , how many seasons before we get back to the Championship , never with her owning us.
[/quote]

[/quote] Iwould think anybody who applauds her or sings her name is supporting her .
[/quote]

So who are the ones who don''t support her?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its the people that continually support Delia and her band of idiots that are thick and harming this club , you are supporting a woman who has all but destroyed this club , how many seasons before we get back to the Championship , never with her owning us.[/quote]

[/quote] Iwould think anybody who applauds her or sings her name is supporting her .[/quote]

[/quote]The ones not singing

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The ones not singing
[/quote]

That''s the whole Main Stand and Riverend and most of the South Stand and Upper Barclay then! [8][:''(]

[;)]

Refreshing to read this thred, because despite the many flaws of the board, and no matter how badly we need need new blood on and off the field, the only obvious fact which comes through from this message board, is we have a small group of envious cowardly internet posting in-breds, who thrive on running down the Club, and thankfully the rest of us will go on supporting the Club through thick and thin, whatever division we are in (because in the end it matters not a jot whether we are successful or  not, as we love the Club, the game, and the friendship we have experienced as a result of our fanaticism). 

i hope we win on monday and nxt week the championship is were we belong not league one i will b cheering all the way on monday but hope the board sort them selfs out or get some more money in cause if we do stay up it will b exactly the same nxt year!

[quote user="corbs"]Refreshing to read this thred, because despite the many flaws of the board, and no matter how badly we need need new blood on and off the field, the only obvious fact which comes through from this message board, is we have a small group of envious cowardly internet posting in-breds, who thrive on running down the Club, and thankfully the rest of us will go on supporting the Club through thick and thin, whatever division we are in (because in the end it matters not a jot whether we are successful or  not, as we love the Club, the game, and the friendship we have experienced as a result of our fanaticism). [/quote]

I see that you''re easily refreshed....

[quote user="Badger"]
The negative people that post so regularly on here are not representative of most fans. Sure, we are all gutted to be where we are but very few of us are calling for our teams relegation and looking forward to administration.

It’s inevitable that some fans will abandon the team when the going gets tough – it always happens – that’s why attendance tend to be lower when teams do poorly. It nearly always happens.

The issue here is that those that have abandoned the club are trying to justify their stance and in some perverse way blame the huge numbers that continue to support the club through thick and thin. They have a megalomaniac fantasy that if only the rest of us were as wise as them, everything would be made better.

The key thing to remember is they represent nobody other than themselves – the vast majority of us will be doing our best to support the team on Monday, not planning protests/ boycotts or praying for defeat!

[/quote]

Yes Badger, there will always be fans that abandon the club when the going gets tough and there are a few regulars on here who fit that bill, for now all our energy must be behind our team. In the current situation I find it very hard  humour those who keep slagging us off, the time for  absolute support is now, recriminations, whether we survive or not come later.            

Agree with the first post.

It will not make any diference to the minority keyboard warriors that are the majority on this forum. They may represent a minority of views and therefor supporters but i am loud and proud to support Norwich City Football club and any idiot who is prepared to put their money in.

The sad fact is that our major benifactor is not really rich - just rich - so does not have the money to throw away on a hobby.

Well done Barclay Boy great post.

Well done those that support his view.

Damn all those that are trying to pretend from behind their keyboards that the Norwich faithfull are wrong too support the club - YOU ARE WRONG AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS - TWO GAMES TO STAY IN THE PROMISED LAND!

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts!

Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing.

Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone.

People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]Fair play, good on you for keeping so positive. But I have to confess it''s all looking rather grim.I too have been trying to spread the positive vibes on this message board since I joined. I''ve constantly been praising and backing Gunn (Which I still intend to do) and the management team and the efforts of our better players. But there comes a time when you have to say it''s not too surprising we''re in the mess we''re in.The boys do need our backing. But Carrow Road has seen near full attendances for pretty much every home game this season (FA cup replay aside) and despite opinions to the contrary it''s usually quite lively in conjunction with enjoying tremendous, TREMENDOUS away support. But despite this, they still don''t perform often enough and it has to be said that you don''t always get what you want despite singing loudly in a stadium. All this talk by idiots like Delia about how the fans can roar the players on is all well and good, but it''s only a small thing in the grander context of football technicalities. The protests would be pretty justified in my opinion. The board have made too many mistakes and League 1 football is unacceptable considering our past opportunities. The appointments of Grant and Roeder have basically left us where we are, a huge mess for Gunny to clean up and although there''s actually been significant improvements I wonder if it''s still not enough. Fotheringham? Don''t get me started. Honestly, with all due respect he simply wasn''t good enough. I appreciate booing will annoy any player, but his reaction at Coventry was pretty childish. He''s a professional, he shouldn''t have acted that way. I''d say the same about Drogba throwing a coin at Burnley fans, or Robbie Fowler taunting Everton fans with coke jibes back in the day (although these are obviously more extreme examples). Again, I admire your positive outlook and make no mistake, Monday night I''m going to be at Carrow Road cheering them on until my lungs burst. It''s the last home game for a while after all. But when it comes to some of the more negative posters on here as you called them, I''m actually half tempted to apologize to them for not listening to them come the end of the season and admit I was wrong.

[quote user="corbs"]Refreshing to read this thred, because despite the many flaws of the board, and no matter how badly we need need new blood on and off the field, the only obvious fact which comes through from this message board, is we have a small group of envious cowardly internet posting in-breds, who thrive on running down the Club, and thankfully the rest of us will go on supporting the Club through thick and thin, whatever division we are in (because in the end it matters not a jot whether we are successful or  not, as we love the Club, the game, and the friendship we have experienced as a result of our fanaticism). [/quote]

Corbs you fail to say whether you would keep on watching the games even though this board keeps on serving up the tripe we have seen for many years now. I will continue to support but I won''t keep offering to waste my money on a board that has as much ambition as an Alistair Darling budget! When we see Peterborugh promoted two seasons on the trot and we look to be changing leagues with them,how people can accept this mediocrity and sit by idly amazes me! Being a footy fan is about many things but the identity that being a Norwich fan is un-ambitious doesn''t sit comfortably with me!

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Corbs you fail to say whether you would keep on watching the games even though this board keeps on serving up the tripe we have seen for many years now. I will continue to support but I won''t keep offering to waste my money on a board that has as much ambition as an Alistair Darling budget! When we see Peterborugh promoted two seasons on the trot and we look to be changing leagues with them,how people can accept this mediocrity and sit by idly amazes me! Being a footy fan is about many things but the identity that being a Norwich fan is un-ambitious doesn''t sit comfortably with me!

[/quote]

If the result goes against Norwich tomorrow night the opportunity is there for the fans to let Sky, & the rest of the country, know what they think of Smith''s appalling stewardship of the club. Although knowing some of them they''ll probably have another chorus of ''Delia''s Barmy Army''.

[quote user="wilw6"][quote user="canaryfan68"]

[/quote]

If the result goes against Norwich tomorrow night the opportunity is there for the fans to let Sky, & the rest of the country, know what they think of Smith''s appalling stewardship of the club. Although knowing some of them they''ll probably have another chorus of ''Delia''s Barmy Army''.

[/quote]

without a shadow of a doubt, sadly there are still some so incredibly stupid and naive (that''s you corbs) who confuse blind obedience somehow with loyalty. I am loyal to the club corbs, I buy my season ticket and support the team.  I have nothing but contempt for those in charge whose incompetence has brought us to this all time low. There is a difference, but do you know what? I wouldn''t put it past Delia to get hold of a mic on Monday night and give us the same old "let''s be avin ya" crap that she did last time. And a lot of you will probably swallow it, like the mugs that you are. And before any genius pipes up with a "what have you done to protest" glib comment, unless there are significant numbers joining in, then it will have no effect. So those of us in the know are waiting for the rest of you sheep to wake up. Some hope.

stop using my user name - idiot

oh and the only people who are a disgrace to this club are those that are prepared to see us sink into the 3rd division and not get angry about it. and that''s you, mug

I didn''t know you had the same username.

Why do you seem to think the people still cheering on the players are "sheep" who actually LIKE what is happening? Of course I don''t want like it, but I don''t see what boycotting games or protesting is going to do. Supporting them, however, is going to give the players an extra lift in these last two games. We''re not down yet!