Sign in to follow this  
Area BU

Shocked by the sheer negativity of so called City 'fans'

I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts!

Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing.

Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone.

People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight!

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts!

Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing.

Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone.

People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]Agree 100%[Y]

Well said Mrs Gunn!

Now how many of the 25000 fans do you really think post on here?

100? 150 maybe? Hardly going to be much of a noise from them. A loud fart would drown them out!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Well said Mrs Gunn!

Now how many of the 25000 fans do you really think post on here?

100? 150 maybe? Hardly going to be much of a noise from them. A loud fart would drown them out!

[/quote]Don''t tar us all with the same brush! I''ve always tried to be positive.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts! Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing. Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone. People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]

Think you''ll find that out of the 100 or so regular posters on here only about half of them go to every home game week in and week out, the rest just like to moan and groan from their armchairs.

25,000 of us fans will be there raising the roof on Monday night and spurring them on to victory, don''t you worry.

And why don''t we go?  Not because we don''t want to, but we believe that shoving more money into the hands of this useless board is the best way to support our club.  It''s like continuing to stuff your child with junk food even though it''s morbidly obese.

If more of you had voted with your feet this nightmare would be over by now.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

And why don''t we go?  Not because we don''t want to, but we believe that shoving more money into the hands of this useless board isn''t the best way to support our club.  It''s like continuing to stuff your child with junk food even though it''s morbidly obese.

[/quote]

Correction

[quote user="canary cherub "]

And why don''t we go?  Not because we don''t want to, but we believe that shoving more money into the hands of this useless board is the best way to support our club.  It''s like continuing to stuff your child with junk food even though it''s morbidly obese.

[/quote]Complete rubbish if you ask me. So you think bankrupting the club will make things better do you? Some of us deeply passionate about City and would support them through thick and extremely thin. We need investment, granted, but it is not going to come by boycotting games.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Complete rubbish if you ask me. So you think bankrupting the club will make things better do you? Some of us deeply passionate about City and would support them through thick and extremely thin. We need investment, granted, but it is not going to come by boycotting games.[/quote]

It is more likely to come if the board are under enough financial pressure to make them willing to accept investment on realistic terms, instead of this guarantee of long term funding that Purple Canary says they are insisting on.  No wonder there''s a lack of interest if that''s their criterion.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]I don''t usually come to this messageboard, kind of glad about the fact now, reading some of the posts! Stunned isn''t the word, how a lot of people can call themselves Norwich City fans is far beyond me. The boys need our total backing for the last two matches of the season, not this gross negativity I keep seeing. Protests? Pitch invasions? What is all that about? I would rather hope the 25,500 people raise the roof of Carrow Road on Monday night instead of being so brash - it isn''t going to help anyone. People talking of such acts are a disgrace to this club. Just like those who booed Mark Fotheringham. It was a pathetic thing to do. We are supposed to be supporters, let''s damn well support Gunny and the lads in this relegation fight![/quote]

Think you''ll find that out of the 100 or so regular posters on here only about half of them go to every home game week in and week out, the rest just like to moan and groan from their armchairs.

25,000 of us fans will be there raising the roof on Monday night and spurring them on to victory, don''t you worry.

[/quote]just because people dont go week in week out...makes them no less a supporter...i would LOVE to go every game but work and finances dont allow [:(]

i totaly agree with the ORIGINAL POST...spot on    it aint over yet

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

just because people dont go week in week out...makes them no less a supporter...i would LOVE to go every game but work and finances dont allow [:(]

[/quote]

I didn''t say that it made them less of a supporter did I? All I said was that only about half of the regulars on here go regularly to home games.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

just because people dont go week in week out...makes them no less a supporter...i would LOVE to go every game but work and finances dont allow [:(]

[/quote]

I didn''t say that it made them less of a supporter did I? All I said was that only about half of the regulars on here go regularly to home games.

[/quote]ohh sorry i took it in the wrong context [:D]...i know the few that you are going on about(mension no names) [;)]

The team needs 100% support Monday night. Unfortunately i cant make it, my newly remembered love of going to games coming too late to get a ticket. But i''ll be there at most home games next year and a few away ones ... whatever division we are in. Leave the demo''s and pitch invasions till next season, all that matters now is Norwich City FC and Championship status. Well said to the Original Poster [Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Are you talking about Arthurs Armchair Army City Angel?[;)]

End of the day we are now big time in the sh*t!

We are by far the favourites for the last remaining relegation place and thats not being negative just realistic!

This has been coming ever since the premiership season, yes Grant and Roeder were a disaster but our problems began before them. We''ve seen with Stoke this season what can be achieved if you if you have a proper go by. Worthy was not given the correct funds. Spending £2M on Peter Crouch that season would of given us another year in the Premiership at least and would of seen the club in a far better financial state than what we are now. Worthy then started to lose the plot by replacing Mackay with Simon Charlton and ended up staying a year longer than he should of done.

That said I''m a Norwich fan through and through and while we''ve got a chance I''ll back them to the hilt!

My opinion on the board is that I aprciate them putting their money inot keeping the club going cause hardly anyu of us fans could do the same although they need replacing cause they have got long in the tooth, made to many mistakes and don''t have the neccessary finance to push the club forward!

If any fans want to protest about the club it should be done after we know our fate this season not before!

[quote user="Henry"]The team needs 100% support Monday night. Unfortunately i cant make it, my newly remembered love of going to games coming too late to get a ticket. But i''ll be there at most home games next year and a few away ones ... whatever division we are in. Leave the demo''s and pitch invasions till next season, all that matters now is Norwich City FC and Championship status. Well said to the Original Poster [Y][/quote]

All the tickets have sold, have they? Did you know about the extra 1,500 tickets City fans have been given after Reading didn''t fill their allocation?

A relief to see some of the Canary loyalty we are famous for.

Even my Spurs supporting son in law is coming with me Monday to do his bit for us. He''s agreed to go yella and green for 90 minutes but swears it will be the one and only time.[;)]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="Henry"]The team needs 100% support Monday night. Unfortunately i cant make it, my newly remembered love of going to games coming too late to get a ticket. But i''ll be there at most home games next year and a few away ones ... whatever division we are in. Leave the demo''s and pitch invasions till next season, all that matters now is Norwich City FC and Championship status. Well said to the Original Poster [Y]
[/quote] All the tickets have sold, have they? Did you know about the extra 1,500 tickets City fans have been given after Reading didn''t fill their allocation? A relief to see some of the Canary loyalty we are famous for.[/quote]

I think you''re missing the point with your comments.Some fans are so passionate about our club they''re prepared to make sacrifices, others are so naive they can''t see any wrong with the current set up, i know who are the REAL supporters.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Even my Spurs supporting son in law is coming with me Monday to do his bit for us. He''s agreed to go yella and green for 90 minutes but swears it will be the one and only time.[;)][/quote]Good for him! It''s all hands to the pumps time! [;)]

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"]

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="Henry"]The team needs 100% support Monday night. Unfortunately i cant make it, my newly remembered love of going to games coming too late to get a ticket. But i''ll be there at most home games next year and a few away ones ... whatever division we are in. Leave the demo''s and pitch invasions till next season, all that matters now is Norwich City FC and Championship status. Well said to the Original Poster [Y]
[/quote] All the tickets have sold, have they? Did you know about the extra 1,500 tickets City fans have been given after Reading didn''t fill their allocation? A relief to see some of the Canary loyalty we are famous for.[/quote]

I think you''re missing the point with your comments.Some fans are so passionate about our club they''re prepared to make sacrifices, others are so naive they can''t see any wrong with the current set up, i know who are the REAL supporters.

[/quote]

I don''t think there are many City fans who go to Carrow Road who don''t realise the club is in its worst state for... maybe, in its history. On the pitch is where weekends are made. I wouldn''t miss a City home game (and away games, if I could get to them) for the world.

well to be honest , it is peoples frustration , when you consider the decline over the last few years , yet i think what is happening to ipswich is causing more bad feeling , adding more fuel to the fire alot of people thinking last summer we were going to have a new owner with money to have our own players rather than loan players .

followed by our lowest leauge drop for years ,(maybe) our fans and this city deserve alot more .

[quote user="singing canary"]

well to be honest , it is peoples frustration , when you consider the decline over the last few years , yet i think what is happening to ipswich is causing more bad feeling , adding more fuel to the fire alot of people thinking last summer we were going to have a new owner with money to have our own players rather than loan players .

followed by our lowest leauge drop for years ,(maybe) our fans and this city deserve alot more .

[/quote]

But those negative fans seem to think we deserve exactly what we''re getting[:S]

I''m actually more shocked by the sheer acceptance by so called City fans of the incompetence of those at the rudderless helm of this club...

I''ll be praying for a win on Monday and next Sunday....But I''m not a religious person, so it may fall on deaf ears.....

Unfortunately and whatever the outcome, we will still have the same board next season....Scrummy.

some may dissagree yet , i really feel this club should be a premiership club , its a lovely city , nice ground , popular area.

this club is not run properly , its horrible to watch .

we used to exspect a win every home game , and most of the time did .

we need fresh blood in this club , not just with a football brain , with a very shewed brain , anyone who cane make 140 million pound durring a global crissis gets my vote.

that chance is gone , its a pitty.

what ever everyone thinks of chase , he made his money , brought in good management , good management bring in good players , and better chances of making money from the sale of the players .

the footballing world is a food chain , thats how norwich made it back then , you cant sell loan players , bad management , bad choice of players .

sorry its hard to go to every game when i live 300 miles from Norwich, i do applogise for having a job !Besides its easy to be negative when as a club ( not even recent results) but as a club we are spiraling down the toilet.IF we stay up we will be in this position next season

[quote user="singing canary"]

some may dissagree yet , i really feel this club should be a premiership club , its a lovely city , nice ground , popular area.

this club is not run properly , its horrible to watch .

we used to exspect a win every home game , and most of the time did .

we need fresh blood in this club , not just with a football brain , with a very shewed brain , anyone who cane make 140 million pound durring a global crissis gets my vote.

that chance is gone , its a pitty.

what ever everyone thinks of chase , he made his money , brought in good management , good management bring in good players , and better chances of making money from the sale of the players .

the footballing world is a food chain , thats how norwich made it back then , you cant sell loan players , bad management , bad choice of players .

[/quote]spot onPremiership club which has been dragged down. We are supposed to be pushing back into the Prem with Mike Walker in 2-3 seasons. Its been over 10 years and we are going to be league One.Im not negative, im GOD DAMN FURIOUS.The complacent attitude of some fans is just terrible, yes i still belive but its the fact that so many people seem to be just rolling over and drinking the kool aid.We DESERVE to be relegated and with any luck it will cause for the Cook to disapear and us to actually have to fight for something.The problem is its like Norwich and Norwich fans expect victory and dont think they have to work for it.Wake up call.We are sh*t.

The negative people that post so regularly on here are not representative of most fans. Sure, we are all gutted to be where we are but very few of us are calling for our teams relegation and looking forward to administration.It’s inevitable that some fans will abandon the team when the going gets tough – it always happens – that’s why attendance tend to be lower when teams do poorly. It nearly always happens. The issue here is that those that have abandoned the club are trying to justify their stance and in some perverse way blame the huge numbers that continue to support the club through thick and thin. They have a megalomaniac fantasy that if only the rest of us were as wise as them, everything would be made better. The key thing to remember is they represent nobody other than themselves – the vast majority of us will be doing our best to support the team on Monday, not planning protests/ boycotts or praying for defeat!