Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

ARGH STOP SAYING 4 POINTS = SAFE... LOOK AT THE TABLE!!!

I keep reading people posting that 4 points = safe... how!!!We''re 3 points behind with a game in hand, with one further game to go. If Barnsley win their final game, we HAVE to win both ours, and even then we''ll stay up by goal difference.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I keep reading people posting that 4 points = safe... how!!!

We''re 3 points behind with a game in hand, with one further game to go. If Barnsley win their final game, we HAVE to win both ours, and even then we''ll stay up by goal difference.
[/quote]

Its only 4 points if Barnsley fail to win at Plymouth or Southampton win at Forest.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]both Plymouth and Barnsley cannot win as they play each other[/quote]But Plymouth already have 51 points and Forest 50 so if Barnesly win would need 2 wins wouldn''t we?

Answer that and stay fashionable!(5 trivia points for anyone who can tell which 80''s TV comedy that''s a quote from)

"both Plymouth and Barnsley cannot win as they play each other "

But plymouth are now 5 pts ahead of us. So if we pick up 4pts, and Barnsley beat plymouth, we finish 1 pt below plymouth and 2 pts below barnsley.

I think if we do beat Reading on Monday, it''ll still be a very nervous last day. We could be drawing with 1 minute left, as could Barnsley, only for a last minute goal in their game. It''s going to be very nervy.

Plymouth have 2 more points over Barnsley no?Okay, if we win our last 2 games, and Plymouth lose against Barnsley, Plymouth will go down and by 1 point I guess.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]both Plymouth and Barnsley cannot win as they play each other[/quote]

However, as I keep saying, if we draw monday night then Plymouth will already be safe so will have nothing to play for in the final match.

4 points is only enough if we get three of them on Monday.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I keep reading people posting that 4 points = safe... how!!!

We''re 3 points behind with a game in hand, with one further game to go. If Barnsley win their final game, we HAVE to win both ours, and even then we''ll stay up by goal difference.
[/quote]

Its only 4 points if Barnsley fail to win at Plymouth or Southampton win at Forest.

[/quote]

Its 3, if Barnsley lose at Plymouth and we win one game !!!!!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its 3, if Barnsley lose at Plymouth and we win one game !!!!!!

[/quote]

But if Plymouth are already safe come the last game, do you really think they will bother too much about beating Barnsley.

It stll boils down to beating Reading because any other result takes the pressure off Plymouth.

[quote user="ridgeman"]When was the last time we won two on the trot?[/quote]

We''ve won twice on the trot only twice all season. So it is a very rare event! We had back to back home wins against Wolves and Doncaster in late October, and back to back home wins against Plymouth and Cardiff, both at home. Worryingly, we''ve never strung a home and away win together all season. Would be a good time to do it this week!

Monday is the all important fixture. If we beat Reading, who already have their play off place secured, it could be enough to stay up.Plymouth could then not afford to lose to Barnsley because if we beat Charlton, Plymouth would be down.Hopefully, we put pressure on the Ply-Bar fixture by beating Reading, if Plymouth then beat Barnsley we can afford to lose to Charlton.So long as we beat Reading, we must match Barnsley in the last game of season to stay up.

Norwich will stay up, Barnsley down....imagine there confidence having lost the lead in the dying minutes for the 2nd game running...there heads will be shot to bits.

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"]Norwich will stay up, Barnsley down....imagine there confidence having lost the lead in the dying minutes for the 2nd game running...there heads will be shot to bits.[/quote]

Or they could come out and really go for it [:O]

well it''s up to us not to let them get their heads up again then... COME ON BOYS! (don''t suppose we could get Mooney and Lita to have a word could they...;-)) if we beat reading on Monday, then Reading will officially become one of my ''second teams'' the amount of favours they''ve done us, (phil mulryne/ bum incident anyone!)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"]Norwich will stay up, Barnsley down....imagine there confidence having lost the lead in the dying minutes for the 2nd game running...there heads will be shot to bits.[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s probably what they''ve been doing for the last two games already. I think if we beat Reading the psychological impact upon Barnsley will be terminal. A long trip to Plymouth for a game against a team that could still go down if they lose? Goodnight Barnsley IMO. But we HAVE to beat Reading first to put the pressure on the last game.

Well firstly before we say anything, we need to beat Reading, i hope Coppel eases up on us, as they cant? get Auto-promtion now, so will want nice fresh players for the play-offs

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Very true.. They are going to look at it like "we have almost beaten the champions"..

If we lose to Reading i can see Barnsley vs Plymouth being the most boring 0-0 draw ever im afraid to say.

jas :)

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]both Plymouth and Barnsley cannot win as they play each other[/quote]

However, as I keep saying, if we draw monday night then Plymouth will already be safe so will have nothing to play for in the final match.

4 points is only enough if we get three of them on Monday.

[/quote]

The simple fact is that 4pts is enough so long as Barnsley don''t beat Plymouth.  To an extent it doesn''t matter whether we beat Reading or Charlton to do it, but going to Charlton knowing that a win is an absolute must is not something any of us want, so beating Reading would clearly be of huge benefit from many angles. 

I have to say that the idea that Plymouth would psychologially throw in the towel and let Barnsley beat them in their final game of the season is not one that holds water with me, but I wouldn''t want to rely on them winning which is something we''d have to do should we lose on Monday.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Answer that and stay fashionable!(5 trivia points for anyone who can tell which 80''s TV comedy that''s a quote from)[/quote]

The Young Ones.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

"both Plymouth and Barnsley cannot win as they play each other "

But plymouth are now 5 pts ahead of us. So if we pick up 4pts, and Barnsley beat plymouth, we finish 1 pt below plymouth and 2 pts below barnsley.

I think if we do beat Reading on Monday, it''ll still be a very nervous last day. We could be drawing with 1 minute left, as could Barnsley, only for a last minute goal in their game. It''s going to be very nervy.

[/quote]

To tell you the truth I''d rather be drawing in the last minute at Charlton than losing 6-0.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]4 points = safegood good[/quote]No. You don''t get it do you?

I don''t want 4 points, to be certain, we need to win both games. Simple. We shouldn''t leave it for others.

Come on City, don''t make a grown man cry.