Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

this is it....

Monday vs Reading... the most important game in this clubs history for perhaps the last 50 years...

defeat and we WILL get relegated.. like i said elsewhere on this board if we lose then Barnsley and Plymouth will both be safe with a draw... what we do at charlton will count for nothing....

its now down to the players. if they are the gutless, spineless wasters who have turned up for the majority of the previous 44 games then we might as well give up and accept our fate.

Way back in the summer of 2008 Glen Roeder said it was a time for new heroes, we haven''t had any yet this season..

Monday night is the last chance, the chance for someone to become that hero, take the bull by the horns and show the fans the same passion we have shown for god knows how many years.

The board are praying for a stay of execution, they want it just as much as the fans for reasons we have debated for months on here.

Bryan Gunn loves the club as much as anyone else, he wants to keep it up.. either to land the job full time or to leave it a better prospect when he moves aside if he doesnt take it.

this club has made mistake after mistake for the last decade and a half and its all finally caught up with us...

we have 1 chance, Just ONE, to try and go some way to start to put it right on monday... we wont accept a draw, because it might all count for nowt.. we cant afford to lose for the reasons i have run through here.. we have one option, and one alone, to win the match...

i hope some of the first team read this and that it gives them the boost we need to them to have... if they fail miserably then they deserve all the flack they get.. but if they can all pull together for 1 last time, like they did Vs Wolves, like they did in December vs the binners then we will do it.

Time to stand up and be counted City.. you are men, not boys.....

jas :)

Yep agree everybody has to fight for every ball like their life depends on it, they must defend as a solid unit, but also not be afraid to attack with numbers (how many times have we seen 1 or 2 players in the box only when a ball''s delivered) Having said that, Russell will probably get sent off after 60 mins, if he plays the way i''ve suggested!

yep agree the players need to be as gd as they are meant 2 b i.e championship players they need 2 fight and claw there way though the reading team hope rusty doesn''t get sent off

sorry jas - got a bad feeling about this fixture - can''t see us getting a favourable result - but yeah - i''m sure the city crowd will fire the boys up...no wories on that score - for me - its a case of whether the players turn up - and i doubt if anyone knows confidently that they will,,,so inconsistent we''ve been...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry jas - got a bad feeling about this fixture - can''t see us getting a favourable result - but yeah - i''m sure the city crowd will fire the boys up...no wories on that score - for me - its a case of whether the players turn up - and i doubt if anyone knows confidently that they will,,,so inconsistent we''ve been...
[/quote]if they dont for a magnitued of this game...they need shooting like lame doowgs

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry jas - got a bad feeling about this fixture - can''t see us getting a favourable result - but yeah - i''m sure the city crowd will fire the boys up...no wories on that score - for me - its a case of whether the players turn up - and i doubt if anyone knows confidently that they will,,,so inconsistent we''ve been...
[/quote]if they dont for a magnitued of this game...they need shooting like lame doowgs[/quote]

Just like at Fulham

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Monday vs Reading... the most important game in this clubs history for perhaps the last 50 years...

defeat and we WILL get relegated.. like i said elsewhere on this board if we lose then Barnsley and Plymouth will both be safe with a draw... what we do at charlton will count for nothing....

its now down to the players. if they are the gutless, spineless wasters who have turned up for the majority of the previous 44 games then we might as well give up and accept our fate.

Way back in the summer of 2008 Glen Roeder said it was a time for new heroes, we haven''t had any yet this season..

Monday night is the last chance, the chance for someone to become that hero, take the bull by the horns and show the fans the same passion we have shown for god knows how many years.

The board are praying for a stay of execution, they want it just as much as the fans for reasons we have debated for months on here.

Bryan Gunn loves the club as much as anyone else, he wants to keep it up.. either to land the job full time or to leave it a better prospect when he moves aside if he doesnt take it.

this club has made mistake after mistake for the last decade and a half and its all finally caught up with us...

we have 1 chance, Just ONE, to try and go some way to start to put it right on monday... we wont accept a draw, because it might all count for nowt.. we cant afford to lose for the reasons i have run through here.. we have one option, and one alone, to win the match...

i hope some of the first team read this and that it gives them the boost we need to them to have... if they fail miserably then they deserve all the flack they get.. but if they can all pull together for 1 last time, like they did Vs Wolves, like they did in December vs the binners then we will do it.

Time to stand up and be counted City.. you are men, not boys.....

jas :)

[/quote]

If any of the team read this, I think they will be sh***ing their pants, quaking in their boots, our players don''t do pressure !!!

Great post Jas[:D]

I know that some of the players read this forum so all I''m going to say is this

'''' Think about the 24,000 fans who have supported you week in and week out, give your all and don''t let us down''''

Do players really read this? No wonder their so low on confidence!!

Anyway great post jas, I shall be watching with my mates tomorrow night!!

COYY, OTBC!