Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Aaaaaagh Dont some of you understand, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes there are already threads on this subject but still there is a minority of dim people who just dont seem to understand !!!!!!

A draw or defeat is NOT good enough against Reading, yes i know that if we do that it will still go down to the last day as Barnsley could still be overhauled.

But and heres the but, if we lose or draw against Reading, Plymouth are safe, FACT.

Who do Barnsley play on the last day - Plymouth !

So for Plymouth to care or be hungry enough they have to want to win that game, If Plymouth have to get a result, i dont see Barnsley winning there, however if Plymouth are safe i see an easy victory for Barnsley.

So its simple, 3 points is needed against Reading, end of, anything less and we r down ( not mathematically, but i assure u that will be the case).

So its down to that squad of 16 men, up to you boys, i think you owe us the performance of your lives.

And you the crowd, i know in the Jarrold and River end you prefer to be mute dummies, but just for once, frighten the living daylights out of the Reading players and roar us on, cos if we do our bit im pretty sure the lads will respond accordingly !!!!  OTBC

Exactly we must win monday night to keep Plymouth in danger, 2 wins and we KNOW we are safe that is our only target to aim for then no need to worry about other results. Simples!

Spot on JF, perhaps you can explain it to some who just dont grasp it, we really put ourselves in the driving seat if we win tomorrow night

To me it''s the same scenario as the Fulham game we had one cup final to save us now we have two cup finals as such, and in my opinion if we don''t win both knowing if we do we stay up then we are not good enough and prob deserve to go down. we shouldn''t be looking for other results now it''s in our hands

Of course we have to win, I''m sure the majority of fans understand that.

Im not sure they do! The amount of threads i have read saying "3 points could do it!" Yes it could but it''s highly unlikely! Anyway mondays game is the biggest in our history since last week! And until next week!! COME ON CITY

Agreed defeat tmmrw night and we are as good as down cos i would fancy Barnsley to get at least a point at plymouth then

Four points would be enough IF Barnsley fail to beat Plymouth. I don''t think they will find it easy to win at Home Park, whether Argyle are safe or not, but I agree I would much rather it was in our hands going into the final game. The tension tomorrow night is going to be agonising!

I''m not following ghe logic here.

Say we need to go to Charlton and get a win to stay up, will you consider it a definite? Of course not, none of us would.

So why is Barnsley going to Plymouth requiring a win any more definite than the other scenario?

We''d both be playing teams that had nothing else to play for, are poor, and are at home. the only difference is that Charlton are even worse than Plymouth.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]3 Points might be enough JF but we have to get them in the Reading game, not the other way round[/quote]

I don''t think anyone is stupid enough to think 4pts is definitely enough.  But if we get 4 pts and Barnsley fail to beat Plymouth, it would be - whichever way round we got those 4pts.  Period.  Of course it would be ''easier'' on us if we got the win tomorrow, as it would keep more sides in the mix including Plymouth (indeed, we would even have the safety net of being able to lose at Charlton and still stay up) - and that could be handy. 

But I have to say that some people seem to think it is a foregone conclusion if we don''t beat Reading, Plymouth will just roll over and let Barnsley win.  That is overstating Barnsley and underplaying Plymouth in a way they don''t deserve.  I''m not sure what sort of club you think they are but if we were in their shoes do you think the players, fans and management would settle for that?  There''s no way we would.  We''d expect our side to turn up and get a win - so why should it be any different with Plymouth?  IMO the most likely result there next week is a draw, whatever the position is with us.

Put absolutely simply, 6 points is the only way we know we are 100% certain of safety; the next best thing would be 4pts (whichever way we got them is - in part - irrelevant) in which case we''d be safe if Barnsley lose or draw at Plymouth, or Forest lose at home to Saints.  If we were to fail to win either game, we are down whatever anyone else does.