Sign in to follow this  
donnyboy

Doncaster Rovers fan in peace

Hi guys,I really hope you stay up and send the Dingles (Barnsley) as we call them down to League 1.Norwich and Swansea have played the best football I have seen (other than us!)at the Keepmoat this year.Maybe you can enlighten me what has been the problem this year with Norwich, sounds like scoring goals a bit like us!I have always had a soft spot for Norwich City as I have spent many a drunken weekend at my mate''s mum and dad''s drinking in the Kings Arms in Ludham!All the best and hopt to see you next season.

Donnyboy

[quote user="donnyboy"]Hi guys,

Maybe you can enlighten me what has been the problem this year with Norwich, sounds like scoring goals a bit like us!

[/quote]

the board.. as has been the problem since the premiership, failed to invest in the playing side favouring off the field businesses...

we will have the nicest business Center in League 1. pity the football is now a side show.

jas :)

[quote user="donnyboy"]Hi guys,I really hope you stay up and send the Dingles (Barnsley) as we call them down to League 1.Norwich and Swansea have played the best football I have seen (other than us!)at the Keepmoat this year.Maybe you can enlighten me what has been the problem this year with Norwich, sounds like scoring goals a bit like us!I have always had a soft spot for Norwich City as I have spent many a drunken weekend at my mate''s mum and dad''s drinking in the Kings Arms in Ludham!All the best and hopt to see you next season.

Donnyboy

[/quote]Darth Roeder. [6]

Donnyboy

[/quote]

An unambitious board who have made some hilariously bad managerial appointments, chiefly Glen Roeder.

[quote user="book end"]

Donnyboy

[/quote]

An unambitious board who have made some hilariously bad managerial appointments, chiefly Glen Roeder.

[/quote]Don''t forget Peter Grunt, booky. He was pretty shocking as well. [Y]

Despite your unambitious board you can be proud that you still have great support and fill your ground every week unlike the ex-premiership teams near little Donny, namely Sheffield Wednesday etc!

I really hope you stay up and send the Dingles (Barnsley) as we call them down to League 1.

Norwich and Swansea have played the best football I have seen (other than us!)at the Keepmoat this year.

Maybe you can enlighten me what has been the problem this year with Norwich, sounds like scoring goals a bit like us!

I have always had a soft spot for Norwich City as I have spent many a drunken weekend at my mate''s mum and dad''s drinking in the Kings Arms in Ludham!

All the best and hopt to see you next season.

Donnyboy

[/quote]

As long as you''re not a Neil Doncaster fan, you''re very welcome.....

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="book end"]

Donnyboy

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t forget Peter Grunt, booky. He was pretty shocking as well. [Y]
[/quote]

Whilst Grunt was horrific at least he had the balls and decency to walk away, I will always admire him for that.

Must of caught us on a good game, and i was there and didn''t think we were that spectacular. I''ve been really impressed by doncaster this season, and if you compare the two sides budgets for the season just how poorly we''ve been managed will come out. Your manager has got you playing good football on a budget, with hungry players from lower leagues you also keep it tight and are good at the back too. We should be looking more to doncaster as a club doing it right, making the most of the players they have and the lower league market then selling - its really not that difficult.

[quote user="donnyboy"]Despite your unambitious board you can be proud that you still have great support and fill your ground every week unlike the ex-premiership teams near little Donny, namely Sheffield Wednesday etc![/quote]Unfortunately donnyboy being able to fill Carra on a weekly basis doesn''t even begin to make up for the years of dissapointment we''ve had under the current regime. [:(]

I really hope you stay up and send the Dingles (Barnsley) as we call them down to League 1.

Norwich and Swansea have played the best football I have seen (other than us!)at the Keepmoat this year.

I have always had a soft spot for Norwich City as I have spent many a drunken weekend at my mate''s mum and dad''s drinking in the Kings Arms in Ludham!

All the best and hopt to see you next season.

Donnyboy

[/quote]SHOCKING DECISIONS AT BOARD LEVEL...SIMPLE AS THAT

It''s a number of factors all rolled into one, IMO. Firstly you''ve got our string of very poor managers. Nigel Worthington lost the plot and replaced proven quality with absolute rubbish, all at very high prices. Peter Grant then replaced the little quality we had left with even worse rubbish. Roeder cleared out a fair bit of the rubbish, but replaced it with inexperienced youth players who weren''t ours and with one notable exception (Ched Evans) weren''t really up to scratch in this division yet. He was replaced by a manager very clearly learning his trade as he goes. Not necessarily a bad thing if you''re safely mid table, but definitely not what you need in a relegation scrap. Couple that with a board unable to provide the finances to build a squad to rectify the situation and unable to provide the expertise and strong leadership required to make the best of the resources we do have and I think you have the reason we are where we are.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]It''s a number of factors all rolled into one, IMO. Firstly you''ve got our string of very poor managers. Nigel Worthington lost the plot and replaced proven quality with absolute rubbish, all at very high prices. Peter Grant then replaced the little quality we had left with even worse rubbish. Roeder cleared out a fair bit of the rubbish, but replaced it with inexperienced youth players who weren''t ours and with one notable exception (Ched Evans) weren''t really up to scratch in this division yet. He was replaced by a manager very clearly learning his trade as he goes. Not necessarily a bad thing if you''re safely mid table, but definitely not what you need in a relegation scrap. Couple that with a board unable to provide the finances to build a squad to rectify the situation and unable to provide the expertise and strong leadership required to make the best of the resources we do have and I think you have the reason we are where we are.[/quote]Board apologist. BOO! [;)]

To be fair we have played in the Championship mainly using the players we had from League 1 last year so you have hit the nail on the head.The difference being is Sean O''Driscoll although has had his critics to begin with (me included) and still makes the odd baffling substitution is a very astute manager and we are very lucky to have him and the football played on the whole has been magnificent.A few heads were scratched when John Ryan appointed him but again we are lucky to have a chairman who is Doncaster through and through.In respect of wage bills John Ryan was talking to the Ipswich chairman the other week and their''s is 5 times the size our''s!Chamionship survival is my goal again for next year and who knows after that.Again, all the best for next season.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]It''s a number of factors all rolled into one, IMO. Firstly you''ve got our string of very poor managers. Nigel Worthington lost the plot and replaced proven quality with absolute rubbish, all at very high prices. Peter Grant then replaced the little quality we had left with even worse rubbish. Roeder cleared out a fair bit of the rubbish, but replaced it with inexperienced youth players who weren''t ours and with one notable exception (Ched Evans) weren''t really up to scratch in this division yet. He was replaced by a manager very clearly learning his trade as he goes. Not necessarily a bad thing if you''re safely mid table, but definitely not what you need in a relegation scrap. Couple that with a board unable to provide the finances to build a squad to rectify the situation and unable to provide the expertise and strong leadership required to make the best of the resources we do have and I think you have the reason we are where we are.[/quote]Board apologist. BOO! [;)][/quote]The shame! I''ve been unmasked!

We have not scored more goals than the opposition and condeded more. Not won enough, loss too many. Simples.

i have been impressed with doncaster over the last few seasons , if you manage to add a couple of very good players in your team thier is no reason why you cant compete for the play offs next year ,

even if we stay up , all the loan players return to thier parent club and we have to pretty much start from scratch.

so you would have a ahead start on us anyway !!!

good luck next season.

[quote user="donnyboy"]Despite your unambitious board you can be proud that you still have great support and fill your ground every week unlike the ex-premiership teams near little Donny, namely Sheffield Wednesday etc!
[/quote]

And of course Leeds Scum, always had a soft spot for the Rovers, used to work at The Danum Hotel in town, and you beat Leeds in the play off final!!