Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

So on top of being motivated by still being able to reach the top two, Reading also have...

This.I appreciate we must win, but the signs really are going against us. I can really see Reading wanting to go out on a high if Coppell is going at the end of the season. Anyone remember them totally demolishing us that year Earnie joined and they ran away with the league?

Coppell has been a fantastic manager, pretty-much at every club he''s been, but why should him retiring have any bearing whatsoever on our match with them?  Yes he''d like to go out on top, but imo a Wembley play-off final would be ideal!

If you are looking for ''signs'', surely Barnsley losing 1-0 leads in the last few minutes of each of their two most recent games is as good as you''d get (including one to a controversial penalty), which is very much a positive one for us....or are we only looking for ''negative'' ones?!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]This.

I appreciate we must win, but the signs really are going against us. I can really see Reading wanting to go out on a high if Coppell is going at the end of the season. Anyone remember them totally demolishing us that year Earnie joined and they ran away with the league?
[/quote]

There are two versions of this story going round - the other one is that he will only quit if they DON''T go up.  I have no idea which one is right.  Both could be wrong!  We are getting to that time of the year again when there won''t be any matches to write about.