Sign in to follow this  
SI

Congratulations to Peterborough

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lets go support them.........(im being serious)
[/quote]

Well they haven''t got any fans of their own. Looking at their attendance figures, they get about 8,000 for home games, more when a big club comes visiting (i.e. Leeds / Leicester). Lucky they have a sugar daddy isn''t it.

[quote user="SI"]

2 consecutive promotions...

[/quote]

I second that too, have been to posh couple of times this season as my girlfriends uncle is a season ticket holder, they play really attractive football!

Also 2 damn good reasons for us to stay up, 1 cos I wouldn''t be able to handle the mickey taking from her uncle and 2 another local derby, with terracing!!!

C''mon City, beat the royals.................

As a former resident of Cambridge with a soft spot for the U''s, I can safely say I dislike Peterborough nearly as much as Ipshit.  But it will be nice to have another Anglian derby if we do stay up....

Well done Posh, i too have been there a couple times and would like nothing better than to see them finish as runner''s up to us in next seasons Championship.

I can dream hey

I think Posh will be right up there next season. Who do you think Sir Alex is most likely to lend the best of his talent to? I also heard he''s put money into the club.

Posh are my second team, as that was where I lived as a nipper. So,whilst I am ecstatic at them being promoted, I won''t be celebrating anytime soon.

Couldnt give a rabid monkeys left didget about Posh to be honest, more concerned with the fact they might take our spot in the Championship.Anglia derby will be Posh vs Binmen instead of City vs Binmen.What is there to celebrate ?

When I was young and first started supporting Norwich, I had one of the Norwich and Peterborough shirts, I could never have imagined Peterborough being possibly a division above City - I remember looking to see where Peterborough were and seeing how low they were compared to us.

Congratulations to them though they''ve got an ambitious wealthy chairman and deserve success, I have a mate who supports them and remember how he felt when all the Big Ron manager stuff was on Sky, it just shows how quickly football can change.

I grew up in wisbekistan and sometimes went to watch posh with my dad. So I had a soft spot for them as the ''smaller'' other local team and always look for their results. So well done to them, but I would be absolutely gutted to swap places with them!

It''s just not right for Norwich to be a league below posh.

Btw I still think we''ll survive!!!

I have a couple of friends that are Posh fans. I am delighted for them and I am sure that they will be delighted for us if we stay up. 

Yes, two back-to-back promotions is some going in anyone''s book.

They have a good manager - sadly with about as much of a GSOH as his father - and a young ambitious Chairman in Darren MacAnthony, who is actually a Liverpool fan, and only came to buy the club when he saw them on '' Big Ron - Football Manager ''.

The two things they don''t beat us on is in ground facilities and support. Compared to Carrow Road their ground leaves a lot to be desired although they are planning to relocate to a new stadium in a couple of years.

I saw it written that Posh were ecstatic that they had sold 3700 season tickets for next year which goes to show how lucky the Norwich Board are to have us lot turn up season after season. Considering how well they''ve done recently, and Peterborough being a similar size to Norwich with no local Football League competition, they get  poor crowds most weeks. Unsurprisingly their Chairman isn''t too happy about the lack of support, but otherwise things are looking up it seems.

Shame we can''t say the same about NCFC.......

And credit to Bazza - he did actually predict this before the season started.

Another possible back to back promotion is Exeter which, in a way, is probably a greater achievement because they do not have much money to spend - an astute choice of players and a very good "team ethic".  Just like it used to be in the old days, in fact.  If they make it they''ll find it harder  because after two seasons of "capped" salaries they will find that money has now seriously begun to kick in to League One, the drip effect that everyone knew was coming.

Just bumped into Joe Lewis in Tesco in Ipswich!Must have been on his way back, few of the squad were in there, gave him the news about barnsley drawing and he was pleased, really nice guy, ridiculously tall!Strange how I was playing Fifa an hour before and he''s in my ultimate team! Talked about the reading game and things, always been a fan being a keeper myself, good to see them get promoted!!

I remember on a couple of old footie manager games you used to get challenge type modes where you''d take a team from division 3/league 2 and try to get them up to the Premier League over a number of seasons. I always picked Peterborough as they were the closest to my regionally. So in a weird way my game playing is being re-done in real life! The key for them will be staying in the Championship now. But fair play to them, you don''t get back to back promotions easily and they''ve done very very well indeed. Hopefully we actually play them next season....and pick up a nice 6 points off them in the process ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lets go support them.........(im being serious)
[/quote]i live 20 mins away froM peterborough...was hoping to see city play there nxt season...COME ON NAARWICH!!!!!!!!!

There are a few misconceptions about Peterborough on here. They probablly have more money than city to spend on players, a lower league side spending 400k on a goalie is almost unheard of.

As for fan base the population was 158,000 at the last census compared to 123,000 Norwich and 117,000 Ipswich. This is more like 170,000 since the building of a new township and continuing expansion.

Their job is to convince people who have moved to the city since the early seventies to support the local club.They even tried to recruit eastern european migrants by putting up posters in Polish.

I doubt even Norwich would have 18,000 season ticket holders or sell out crowds if they had spent the last sixteen years in the lower two divisions.

So the potential is there they just need a way to tap into it and getting into the championship is surely a big step in that direction.

[quote user="Eam"]There are a few misconceptions about Peterborough on here. They probablly have more money than city to spend on players, a lower league side spending 400k on a goalie is almost unheard of.

As for fan base the population was 158,000 at the last census compared to 123,000 Norwich and 117,000 Ipswich. This is more like 170,000 since the building of a new township and continuing expansion.

Their job is to convince people who have moved to the city since the early seventies to support the local club.They even tried to recruit eastern european migrants by putting up posters in Polish.

I doubt even Norwich would have 18,000 season ticket holders or sell out crowds if they had spent the last sixteen years in the lower two divisions.

So the potential is there they just need a way to tap into it and getting into the championship is surely a big step in that direction.[/quote]I think you''ll find that the population of  Norwich is over 200,000.  The 123,000 figure is for the area of the city that is covered by Norwich city council, the areas of the city that are covered by Broadland and South Norfolk district councils have a population of around 80,000...

"368,000 people live in Greater Norwich and the Norwich policy area has

a population of 230,000, which is predicted to grow to 280,000 by 2025,

comparable to the present size of Nottingham."[url]http://www.eastofengland.uk.com/res/265.asp[/url]

The figure for Peterborough is also for its city area, even the large suburb of Stanground which is walking distance from the ground comes under Huntingdon d.c.

There are also nearby large towns like Stamford, Spalding and Bourne that regard Posh as their local ''big team''.