Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Whats the difference about the fans from the Chase era compared to today?

A lot of us who were very vocal and physical back then are grown up now, I personally feel I did my bit, even almost being arrested, being spat on and punched by board supporters for voicing my feelings.

Times have changed,  some new supporters have changed, new supporters coming in who are there for a jolly nice day out regardless of what''s going on.

Things will take a natural course if we lose Monday night, mark my words. Although I feel it''s too little too late.

People seem to be accepting it, which is sad.All over fans seem to be saying " I hate whats going on, but i will slate anyone who dares mention Keane, no Norwich ambition or says a bad thing about Gunn" although they will happily shout and rant about the cook.In all seriousness we all want Norwich back into glory, at the moment its like our clubwide ambition is to be a "nice friendly club where we can take our families".My uncle has taken his kids to a nice friendly family club for years, now my cousins are in thier mid 20''s and every saturday father mother and 3 sons all go to the football even accompanied by one of the now grown up sons wives. Yes its a lovely family club. Its called Arsenal.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]People seem to be accepting it, which is sad.
All over fans seem to be saying " I hate whats going on, but i will slate anyone who dares mention Keane, no Norwich ambition or says a bad thing about Gunn" although they will happily shout and rant about the cook.

In all seriousness we all want Norwich back into glory, at the moment its like our clubwide ambition is to be a "nice friendly club where we can take our families".
My uncle has taken his kids to a nice friendly family club for years, now my cousins are in thier mid 20''s and every saturday father mother and 3 sons all go to the football even accompanied by one of the now grown up sons wives. Yes its a lovely family club. Its called Arsenal.
[/quote]

What''s wrong with being a family club?

Doesn''t seem to have any bearing on the state of the club, if you ask me. Arsenal show that a family club can be pretty bloomin'' successful!

What a silly and totally irrelevant point.

In the Chase days, you still had a lot of Old Barclay in attendance, and in their twenties (including me!), now, a new breed has come into Carra Rood, and they don''t really "get it".  Now, a lot of the old guard are at that age where they can''t risk getting nicked by the police outside etc.  I remember the Chase Out demo''s with a bit of affection though.....Christ we got under the clubs skin (especially the sit down protests)!  My fondest memory of those protests are of my other girlfriend (now wife!!) opening the outside gate between the River End and South Stand and both of us attempting a 2 hour late pitch invasion.  However, the line of police with dogs behind the gate as it swung open soon put paid to that little scheme!!

[quote user=""]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]People seem to be accepting it, which is sad.
All over fans seem to be saying " I hate whats going on, but i will slate anyone who dares mention Keane, no Norwich ambition or says a bad thing about Gunn" although they will happily shout and rant about the cook.

In all seriousness we all want Norwich back into glory, at the moment its like our clubwide ambition is to be a "nice friendly club where we can take our families".
My uncle has taken his kids to a nice friendly family club for years, now my cousins are in thier mid 20''s and every saturday father mother and 3 sons all go to the football even accompanied by one of the now grown up sons wives. Yes its a lovely family club. Its called Arsenal.
[/quote]

What''s wrong with being a family club?

Doesn''t seem to have any bearing on the state of the club, if you ask me. Arsenal show that a family club can be pretty bloomin'' successful!

What a silly and totally irrelevant point.

[/quote]

The point is, it isn''t Arsenal''s ambition to be a family friendly club but a successful football club.  The two aren''t mutually exclusive, but football comes first.

The problem with NCFC is that being a family club has become the summit of our ambition, with football way down the list of priorities.  

[quote user="No Quarter"]In the Chase days, you still had a lot of Old Barclay in attendance, and in their twenties (including me!), now, a new breed has come into Carra Rood, and they don''t really "get it".  Now, a lot of the old guard are at that age where they can''t risk getting nicked by the police outside etc.  I remember the Chase Out demo''s with a bit of affection though.....Christ we got under the clubs skin (especially the sit down protests)!  My fondest memory of those protests are of my other girlfriend (now wife!!) opening the outside gate between the River End and South Stand and both of us attempting a 2 hour late pitch invasion.  However, the line of police with dogs behind the gate as it swung open soon put paid to that little scheme!![/quote]

Remeber that, just after Strikers got a good door bashing, there was a rush towards the gate then a rush back away from it rofl

it the speed of the decline for me...under Chase it was a shock how quickly we went from beating Bayern Munich to selling Ward and Newsome without the manager being told, this made people angry...under Smith and Jones it''s been a slow death which leads to acceptance and a shrug of the shoulders

[quote user="bullshead"]

[quote user="No Quarter"]In the Chase days, you still had a lot of Old Barclay in attendance, and in their twenties (including me!), now, a new breed has come into Carra Rood, and they don''t really "get it".  Now, a lot of the old guard are at that age where they can''t risk getting nicked by the police outside etc.  I remember the Chase Out demo''s with a bit of affection though.....Christ we got under the clubs skin (especially the sit down protests)!  My fondest memory of those protests are of my other girlfriend (now wife!!) opening the outside gate between the River End and South Stand and both of us attempting a 2 hour late pitch invasion.  However, the line of police with dogs behind the gate as it swung open soon put paid to that little scheme!![/quote]

Remeber that, just after Strikers got a good door bashing, there was a rush towards the gate then a rush back away from it rofl

[/quote]

Thats the one!!  Bloody classic!  I dont think the cops expected to see a female leading the charge!!