Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

a foreign manager. could we benefit?

would city benefit from a Foreign manager? a different way of thinking and playing the game?

I only ask this because the rise of Swansea under Roberton Martinez has been exceptional, indeed succesful clubs today seem to all rely on foreign managers to bring in the goods...

we may be able to attract a few good quality players from a foreingers country maybe bringing a bit of flair with them (Wenger and his French players for example).

if not a manager then maybe a foreigner on the coaching team, to help with language and make suggestions to the manager with training, formations and things.

i''d be all for it if it bought success. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

would city benefit from a Foreign manager? a different way of thinking and playing the game?

I only ask this because the rise of Swansea under Roberton Martinez has been exceptional, indeed succesful clubs today seem to all rely on foreign managers to bring in the goods...

we may be able to attract a few good quality players from a foreingers country maybe bringing a bit of flair with them (Wenger and his French players for example).

if not a manager then maybe a foreigner on the coaching team, to help with language and make suggestions to the manager with training, formations and things.

i''d be all for it if it bought success. 

[/quote]gunny''s scottish!!![:P]for me - swansea is a one off - but i reckon crooky could get city passing in similar fashion - but we need an experienced man at the helm and a budget to get proper targets in...but - i reckon the board will look to balance the budget next season and return to profitability though...

Martinez did also play a lot of his football in England. Didnt Stoke try out a foreign manager a couple of years back and it went tits up?

IMO opinion its a no....If you look at Sousa @ QPR and others being a foreigner won''t guarantee success and for us is too big a gambleI would rather we get someone in who has experience of English football and prefer an up and coming manager from the lower leagues in the Martin O''Neil mould...

A good manager is a good manager, i like di matteo at mk dons as well as martinez. However, the best manager to come from the lower leagues is Gary Johnson - done absolutely brilliant at Bristol City. He was around doing a terrific job at Yeovil for years before Bristol, so good managers are out there, i''d prefer us to go with a succesful lower league manager over the abject premiership failures who are just here for the tour, ala roeder 

[quote user="canariesaregods"]

i''d prefer us to go with a succesful lower league manager over the abject premiership failures who are just here for the tour, ala roeder 

[/quote]Like Leicester did with Martin Allen! I actually agree with your point, but there''s no guarantee...

Aage Hareide would certinatly win favour with me. Very well experienced, knows Norwich and knows the English game. As Norway manager, he was over here quite often watching the two or three English based Norweigans.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Aage Hareide would certinatly win favour with me. Very well experienced, knows Norwich and knows the English game. As Norway manager, he was over here quite often watching the two or three English based Norweigans.[/quote]Yes I''ve always quite liked the idea of him coming in. Successful foreign lower league managers tend to have spent some time in England as a player first.