Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

how does delia justify the debt of this club.

i may have missed crucial points here , sorry if i am wrong .

this club is in debt of (i think 20 million pound) ..?

if delia has put in 11 million over 11 years (aprox) , how do we manage to create that sort of debt.

we have the second highest attendance in the championsip behind sheffield united , aprox (17000) each home game .

we recieved a large windfall when going up to the premiership , every player we have bought that has cost a large amount of money has been sold on for a profit , with the big sales of ashton , green , francis, even earnshaw we made money on .

i realise some clubs fail because of paying big transfer fees such as teams like leeds, .but this theory cant justify us.

how much has delia taken out of this club , does anyone know ?, including sponsors , tv ,

if she is losing a vast amount of money as she says she is , why hasnt she walked ?, surely if your company is losing that amount of money you would want to get out as quickly as possible .

i realise i may well be off the mark here , i see no reason for this club to be in the state it is in , apart from bad management , when you can compair us to other teams in the championship.

if most footballs run at a heavy loss , why are people so keen to buy clubs for millions of pounds , pay massive transfer fees and wages , ie ipswich on the hope they go up to the premiership , ipswich spent (i think 12 million last season ) how do you justify that risk ?

[quote user="singing canary"]

if delia has put in 11 million over 11 years (aprox) , how do we manage to create that sort of debt.

we have the second highest attendance in the championsip behind sheffield united , aprox (17000) each home game .

we recieved a large windfall when going up to the premiership , every player we have bought that has cost a large amount of money has been sold on for a profit , with the big sales of ashton , green , francis, even earnshaw we made money on .

i realise some clubs fail because of paying big transfer fees such as teams like leeds, .but this theory cant justify us.

how much has delia taken out of this club , does anyone know ?, including sponsors , tv ,

if she is losing a vast amount of money as she says she is , why hasnt she walked ?, surely if your company is losing that amount of money you would want to get out as quickly as possible .

i realise i may well be off the mark here , i see no reason for this club to be in the state it is in , apart from bad management , when you can compair us to other teams in the championship.

if most footballs run at a heavy loss , why are people so keen to buy clubs for millions of pounds , pay massive transfer fees and wages , ie ipswich on the hope they go up to the premiership , ipswich spent (i think 12 million last season ) how do you justify that risk ?

[/quote]

The cook never justifies anything mate, she just hides mostly.[:S]

[/quote]

Please refer to 356 previous threads. All on the same theme with various unproven theories.

...........if most footballs run at a heavy loss , why are people so keen to buy clubs for millions of pounds , pay massive transfer fees and wages , ie ipswich on the hope they go up to the premiership , ipswich spent (i think 12 million last season ) how do you justify that risk ?

[/quote]I don''t think people are, unless it''s a big club with a lot of earning potential. Even Newcastle don''t seem to be having much success in attracting offers.What helps, of course, is if the club is in administration - there are are always bargain hunters out there.I must admit I can''t understand the Ipswich situation; perhaps Evans sees it as a calculated risk worth taking. If you have enough money it might be worth it. I used to work for a company developing a revolutionary broadband system, which unfortunately had a couple of basic flaws which proved insurmountable. I think we got through about £100m before the venture capital group (financed by Coal Board pension funds) pulled the plug.Interestingly the company then got bought for pesnuts by another company, who, after some strange goings on, themselves disappeared .........

But Doncaster keeps telling us that the reason we can`t compete with the rest of the division is that other clubs have wealthy benefactors ron.  Are you accusing him of lying?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]But Doncaster keeps telling us that the reason we can`t compete with the rest of the division is that other clubs have wealthy benefactors ron.  Are you accusing him of lying?[/quote]Could you expain the contradiction? Some other clubs do have wealthy benefactors; some of those are not for sale, some are for sale because the owners cannot / don''t want to keep up the finances. Some clubs, by a mixture of luck & judgment, are self-sustaining.Norwich''s benefactors are insufficiently wealthy. Mind you, given the gates, the facilities etc. at Carrow Road  I would have hoped the club could be self-sustaining. I suspect they are deficient in other areas as well ......

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Please refer to 356 previous threads. All on the same theme with various unproven theories.

[/quote]Hah! That''s odd. Whenever i think of a random large number to include in what i say, it''s normally always 356. [:D].It''s an omen.We''re gonner win 5-0 on Monday