Sign in to follow this  
bobsuruncle2

why is the N+P so quiet??

whenever i sit in the norwich and peterborough stand it seems that no-one will put themselves out to cheer the team on. you look up and can see fans in the barcley, snake pit and jarrold getting behind the team. the only thing i hear in the N+P is " get ya han''s off ''im doherty!!"  even if its for one night, lets get all 25,000 fans behind the boys.!!![<:o)]

I think you need to take into account that for 4 out of the last 6 games the Barclay has been utter crap.  The only stand (it isnt really a stand) that makes proper noise consistently anymore is the Snake Pit.

It must be the world''s longest protest. Its been going on for 20 years.  They''ve probably forgoten what it was all about by now

I sit in the N&P and often me and my friend are the only ones to be heard. It''s depressing, I often shout abuse at the ref, or opposing players. At the Watford game, a woman turned round and said it wasn''t appropriate, if it isn''t appropriate at a football match which I am incredibly passionate about, where is it appropriate?

They''ve been so ridiculously silent for so long that it is a problem that gets more and more distinctive as passionate and noisy fans stay well clear from getting a seat there.

Sadly there are thousands of Norwich City ticket buyers who believe that they have paid their money and so expect to be entertained without giving anything else back to the club ... they won''t sing or chant unless they are given a reason to do so.

Sometimes I wish they would all go and clap their hands at a cricket match rather than sit like cardboard cut outs at Carrow Road. 

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

They''ve been so ridiculously silent for so long that it is a problem that gets more and more distinctive as passionate and noisy fans stay well clear from getting a seat there.

Sadly there are thousands of Norwich City ticket buyers who believe that they have paid their money and so expect to be entertained without giving anything else back to the club ... they won''t sing or chant unless they are given a reason to do so.

Sometimes I wish they would all go and clap their hands at a cricket match rather than sit like cardboard cut outs at Carrow Road. 

[/quote]

It''s not just the River End though, the noise generated usually starts and finishes with the lower barclay and the snake pit. All the grounds I''ve been to are the same which is way Anfield''s Kop and Old Trafford''s Streftford End have gained notoriety.

It''s nothing out of the ordinary plus none of us have had anything to shout about and there''s only so much unprovoked chanting and singing you can do before the team ends up going one down that it becomes impossible... well this season anyway!

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

Well that would please the cricket authorities and we wouldn''t have much of a crowd left then. About 5000 home supporters,( Coventry would get about 500 - 1000 ).

Of course we could all sing " Barmy Army " for the full 90 minutes ( or all day if you went to an England cricket match ) ! [:)]

Because I sit there and am a grumpy old fart ( as clearly stated on the back of my shirt " GRUMPY 1 " ). What everyone elses excuse is I don''t know !

I have sat in the river end just once.. years ago.. for a league cup game against Oxford... i will NEVER sit in there again... any attempt to start a song and they look at you like you are some sort of killer!

jas :)

Because unfortunately like the city stand, and even worse the jarrold stand it is inhabited by your typical ''norwich fan.'' Reserved, polite, passionless. Obviously the embarrasing ''family club'' image at little ''ol norwich has destroyed any atmosphere at carrow road. Women, children, and pensioners do not make for a loud, intimidating atmosphere at any time. Unlike most clubs our supporters aren''t made up of mostly working class men who like a few beers, a bit of banter and letting their feelings be known loud and clear during match days. Which is why most supporters love coming to norwich as they know they can make carrow road and the city their own on match days and our fans will stand back let it happen. I''ve met and drank with fans of a lot of other clubs and the vast majority of them see norwich as a bit of a laughing stock. Easy to see why.  

Because I''ve been away for the last 2 home games!

I am in the N&P Upper right in the middle and am NEVER quiet - much to the annoyance of some trying to sleep around me. My partner has a hooter which he sounds for all Norwich corners and free kicks - and when we score of course.

We''ll both be back to try and raise the roof tomorrow!

One good thing about potentially going down is that it could get rid of a fair few of the quiet, "please sit down" fans in the Jarrold and N&P stand, and maybe just maybe make way for more vocal and passionate supporters, our current crop of season ticket holders are very poor in terms of vocal support, a season or 2 in league one may just make way for a new crop of ST'' holders.

[quote user="glove1"]

its quiet because they all have their hand held radios listening to radio norfolks commentary....lol

[/quote]

Careful, ... there''s many a true word spoken in jest.

I think it''s because most songs contain some bad language and as it''s the "Family" end it''s not good for the parents to be shouting out the F''s and B''s. To be honest it does get loud sometimes and the players seem to prefer kicking towards the N&P because they are the more genuine fans!!!  (crash helmet is on and in place.)

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="glove1"]

its quiet because they all have their hand held radios listening to radio norfolks commentary....lol

[/quote]

Careful, ... there''s many a true word spoken in jest.

I think it''s because most songs contain some bad language and as it''s the "Family" end it''s not good for the parents to be shouting out the F''s and B''s. To be honest it does get loud sometimes and the players seem to prefer kicking towards the N&P because they are the more genuine fans!!!  (crash helmet is on and in place.)

[/quote]

I genuinely hope you''re kidding! The players prefer to kick that way....I''ve never, ever heard so much piffle.

Because i''m pretty sure it''s a mortuary. I swear some of the people in that stand arent'' alive. And if they are, they probably shouldn''t be.

Well they must prefer to kick that way because they like to kick that way second half.  All teams try to attack their favourite end second half.  Liverpool - Kop, Man Utd - Stretford End, Norwich - River End.  And anyway it''s not about the noise why we always kick that way second half, it''s a tradition.

And there was me thinking football was for everyone,I didnt know it was only for people who could sing,shout ,swear etc.Never mind I have stood in the barclay,been to wembly,been to europe,took the rookery at Watford,watched city beat Man utd 1-2 at old trafford. I do apoligise for getting old and now sitting in the city stand. I wonder if most of you will do 50 years. And yes I still hate losing,and dont like the position we are in now,I also wish someone had told me all those years ago that you had to sing ,shout and swear,it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

[quote user="fearofambition"]Because unfortunately like the city stand, and even worse the jarrold stand it is inhabited by your typical ''norwich fan.'' Reserved, polite, passionless. Obviously the embarrasing ''family club'' image at little ''ol norwich has destroyed any atmosphere at carrow road. Women, children, and pensioners do not make for a loud, intimidating atmosphere at any time. Unlike most clubs our supporters aren''t made up of mostly working class men who like a few beers, a bit of banter and letting their feelings be known loud and clear during match days. Which is why most supporters love coming to norwich as they know they can make carrow road and the city their own on match days and our fans will stand back let it happen. I''ve met and drank with fans of a lot of other clubs and the vast majority of them see norwich as a bit of a laughing stock. Easy to see why.  [/quote]From reading your thread elsewhere and here, it seems that you think that the following groups should be banned from Carrow road - women, children, the middle class, the old and oh yes - people from Norwich. (See the “Football clubs tend to represent the attitude of the people of the town/city in which they belong?” thread he started)How about you and the rest of your ilk go and support a club with "ambition."

[quote user="keelan for england"]And there was me thinking football was for everyone,I didnt know it was only for people who could sing,shout ,swear etc.Never mind I have stood in the barclay,been to wembly,been to europe,took the rookery at Watford,watched city beat Man utd 1-2 at old trafford. I do apoligise for getting old and now sitting in the city stand. I wonder if most of you will do 50 years. And yes I still hate losing,and dont like the position we are in now,I also wish someone had told me all those years ago that you had to sing ,shout and swear,it would have saved me a lot of time and money.
[/quote]All your comments sound familiar, ah  those were the days, have you grown into a grumpy old fart like me ? [:D]

[quote user="keelan for england"]And there was me thinking football was for everyone,I didnt know it was only for people who could sing,shout ,swear etc.Never mind I have stood in the barclay,been to wembly,been to europe,took the rookery at Watford,watched city beat Man utd 1-2 at old trafford. I do apoligise for getting old and now sitting in the city stand. I wonder if most of you will do 50 years. And yes I still hate losing,and dont like the position we are in now,I also wish someone had told me all those years ago that you had to sing ,shout and swear,it would have saved me a lot of time and money.[/quote]Well if you''d of asked...[:)]Hah, i''m kidding. But come on, getting old, you can still make a bit of noise ol'' chap! [:D]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="fearofambition"]Because unfortunately like the city stand, and even worse the jarrold stand it is inhabited by your typical ''norwich fan.'' Reserved, polite, passionless. Obviously the embarrasing ''family club'' image at little ''ol norwich has destroyed any atmosphere at carrow road. Women, children, and pensioners do not make for a loud, intimidating atmosphere at any time. Unlike most clubs our supporters aren''t made up of mostly working class men who like a few beers, a bit of banter and letting their feelings be known loud and clear during match days. Which is why most supporters love coming to norwich as they know they can make carrow road and the city their own on match days and our fans will stand back let it happen. I''ve met and drank with fans of a lot of other clubs and the vast majority of them see norwich as a bit of a laughing stock. Easy to see why.  [/quote]

From reading your thread elsewhere and here, it seems that you think that the following groups should be banned from Carrow road - women, children, the middle class, the old and oh yes - people from Norwich. (See the “Football clubs tend to represent the attitude of the people of the town/city in which they belong?” thread he started)

How about you and the rest of your ilk go and support a club with "ambition."

[/quote]

Is that with prudence?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="fearofambition"]Because unfortunately like the city stand, and even worse the jarrold stand it is inhabited by your typical ''norwich fan.'' Reserved, polite, passionless. Obviously the embarrasing ''family club'' image at little ''ol norwich has destroyed any atmosphere at carrow road. Women, children, and pensioners do not make for a loud, intimidating atmosphere at any time. Unlike most clubs our supporters aren''t made up of mostly working class men who like a few beers, a bit of banter and letting their feelings be known loud and clear during match days. Which is why most supporters love coming to norwich as they know they can make carrow road and the city their own on match days and our fans will stand back let it happen. I''ve met and drank with fans of a lot of other clubs and the vast majority of them see norwich as a bit of a laughing stock. Easy to see why.  [/quote]From reading your thread elsewhere and here, it seems that you think that the following groups should be banned from Carrow road - women, children, the middle class, the old and oh yes - people from Norwich. (See the “Football clubs tend to represent the attitude of the people of the town/city in which they belong?” thread he started)How about you and the rest of your ilk go and support a club with "ambition."[/quote]

Is that with prudence?

[/quote]Is that without ambition?

[quote user="hogesar"]Because i''m pretty sure it''s a mortuary. I swear some of the people in that stand arent'' alive. And if they are, they probably shouldn''t be.
[/quote]

your nearly right but it is populated by the undead , zombies and vampires  people who have died but not quite crossed over to the other side and are wandering the earth in torment..they all congregate there on a saturday afternoon and suck the blood from the offal in the matchday pies 

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="hogesar"]Because i''m pretty sure it''s a mortuary. I swear some of the people in that stand arent'' alive. And if they are, they probably shouldn''t be.[/quote]

your nearly right but it is populated by the undead , zombies and vampires  people who have died but not quite crossed over to the other side and are wandering the earth in torment..they all congregate there on a saturday afternoon and suck the blood from the offal in the matchday pies 

[/quote]That''s why the old lady started sucking my neck. I just thought she was into that kind of thing.

No disrespect, but withouth those thousands who simply dont want to scream all the time (its the same at any football club, some areas are for the nosiy boys and others for families and older people who just dont shout), the club would have been in league one for years with no money and a stagnant fanbase of 13,000.  So be a little kind - it takes all sorts.[quote user="bobsuruncle2"]whenever i sit in the norwich and peterborough stand it seems that no-one will put themselves out to cheer the team on. you look up and can see fans in the barcley, snake pit and jarrold getting behind the team. the only thing i hear in the N+P is " get ya han''s off ''im doherty!!"  even if its for one night, lets get all 25,000 fans behind the boys.!!![<:o)][/quote]