Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Football clubs tend to represent the attitude of the people of the town/city in which they belong?

In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.

[quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]As someone currently in exile, I find this description of people from Norfolk offensive and think that it plumbs new depths in the attack upon the fans made by the self-elected, so-called experts that think that they know what is best for all of us.It really shows the contempt that you have for your fellow supporters and makes me wonder why you bother "supporting" if that is what you call it.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]

As someone currently in exile, I find this description of people from Norfolk offensive and think that it plumbs new depths in the attack upon the fans made by the self-elected, so-called experts that think that they know what is best for all of us.

It really shows the contempt that you have for your fellow supporters and makes me wonder why you bother "supporting" if that is what you call it.

[/quote]

And Ian Gibson MP, called Norfolk folk, inbreds.....and he''s a ''sweaty sock'' He''s also a Norwich supporter, what an hypocrite....As far as I''m aware, he hasn''t been pelted with sugar-beet and thrashed with dead turkeys because of his crass comments...yet.

Return from exile and bring a pitchfork.....Time to drive these ''furreners'' out of Norfolk!

PS, Is being in exile living in Stowmarket? 

I''m not sure the unambitious and backward-thinking tags apply but the other three are much truer of Norfolk than a lot of other parts of the UK.

I was born in Norwich and lived there til i was about 7 yrs old but have lived in various parts of the country since and now live in the Midlands. My parents moved back there a few years ago and my sister did the same.

The pace of life is much slower in East Anglia than a lot of other parts of the country and this may well have something to do with the lack of wanting change from a lot of City supporters. I would also be interested to see the average age of season ticket holders at City because i suspect it would be much higher than most other clubs in the Championship or Premiership!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

I''m not sure the unambitious and backward-thinking tags apply but the other three are much truer of Norfolk than a lot of other parts of the UK.

I was born in Norwich and lived there til i was about 7 yrs old but have lived in various parts of the country since and now live in the Midlands. My parents moved back there a few years ago and my sister did the same.

The pace of life is much slower in East Anglia than a lot of other parts of the country and this may well have something to do with the lack of wanting change from a lot of City supporters. I would also be interested to see the average age of season ticket holders at City because i suspect it would be much higher than most other clubs in the Championship or Premiership!

[/quote]Living as you do in the Midlands then, please explain what the football clubs at Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Coventry and Birmingham tell us about the attitudes of the people who live there?I think the idea is a load of nonsense and an another attempt by a tiny minority of extreme egotists to blame the demise of the football club on the folly of its supporters in refusing to agree with their incoherent rantings.

''And Ian Gibson MP, called Norfolk folk, inbreds''No he didn''t,  he was referring to generation after generation of Norfolk people inbreeding.  Only an inbred wouldn''t know the difference[;)]

Inbread? I now realise it wasn''t a slice thing to say, I obviously wasn''t using my loaf....

Jam! I must do butter (me old flour).....Maybe it''s because I''m just a thick cut.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]

As someone currently in exile, I find this description of people from Norfolk offensive and think that it plumbs new depths in the attack upon the fans made by the self-elected, so-called experts that think that they know what is best for all of us.

It really shows the contempt that you have for your fellow supporters and makes me wonder why you bother "supporting" if that is what you call it.

[/quote]

And Ian Gibson MP, called Norfolk folk, inbreds.....and he''s a ''sweaty sock'' He''s also a Norwich supporter, what an hypocrite....As far as I''m aware, he hasn''t been pelted with sugar-beet and thrashed with dead turkeys because of his crass comments...yet.

Return from exile and bring a pitchfork.....Time to drive these ''furreners'' out of Norfolk!

[/quote]

He was actually referring to many places in the country, where some small rural communities several centuries probably did inbreed. He was simply stating that there was the possibility that crossed genetics could be a cause of diabetes. If he genuinely think that thats the case, then people should be encouraging research into the topic instead of taking two words ''Norfolk'' and ''Inbreeding'' from a long speech and turning it into a national story.

Diabetes is a genetic and heridatory disease, so a potential link with inbreeding in what quite essentially is probably centuries ago is a credible one. Personally I have Irish and Spanish heritage thrown in with my Norfolkness, so I dont have too much of an issue with a one track family tree.

Ian Gibson is an absolute legend and has done a lot for the community he serves, I couldnt give a monkeys whether he calls people inbreds or not. He p*sses all over Charles Clarke for a start.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was actually referring to many places in the country, where some small rural communities several centuries probably did inbreed. He was simply stating that there was the possibility that crossed genetics could be a cause of diabetes. If he genuinely think that thats the case, then people should be encouraging research into the topic instead of taking two words ''Norfolk'' and ''Inbreeding'' from a long speech and turning it into a national story.

Diabetes is a genetic and heridatory disease, so a potential link with inbreeding in what quite essentially is probably centuries ago is a credible one. Personally I have Irish and Spanish heritage thrown in with my Norfolkness, so I dont have too much of an issue with a one track family tree.

Ian Gibson is an absolute legend and has done a lot for the community he serves, I couldnt give a monkeys whether he calls people inbreds or not. He p*sses all over Charles Clarke for a start.

[/quote]

I actually admire Ian Gibson - and he is one of a very few MPs that actually do the job they''re paid to do....As for Charles Clarke? No comment.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]As someone currently in exile, I find this description of people from Norfolk offensive and think that it plumbs new depths in the attack upon the fans made by the self-elected, so-called experts that think that they know what is best for all of us.It really shows the contempt that you have for your fellow supporters and makes me wonder why you bother "supporting" if that is what you call it.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I actually admire Ian Gibson - and he is one of a very few MPs that actually do the job they''re paid to do....As for Charles Clarke? No comment.

[/quote]funny how the suggestion of an attendance allowance went down like a lead balloon with some - maybe its because these MP''s are too busy raking it in from their other ''jobs'' - sitting on the board of directors of companies and the like...

[quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]

Not gonna bite. Looks like a wind up from a binner.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="fearofambition"]In norwich city fc''s case that definetely holds water. Soft, unambitious, reserved, scared of change and backward thinking? It''s a genaralisation of course but from what i''ve witnessed over the years it sums up the majority of norwich/norfolk and it''s people quite nicely.[/quote]

Not gonna bite. Looks like a wind up from a binner.

[/quote]I wish that it were. There are a group of regular posters on here that are so alienated from reality and the rest of the fans that they have total contempt for all of us. Of course, most of them don''t go to matches as a point of principle - us that continue to turn up are naive dupes and apologists for the board.

I work all over the country and have done for many years, apart from our different accents people are pretty much the same everywhere.

You will find a mix of people in every area, some ambitious, some not.

If 25,000 people are in a crowd, some will be successful, some not, some wealthy , some not.

The crowd isnt a thing of its own and doesnt have a single personality, its made of 25,000 very different individulas, each with their own persona.

As for the inward looking thing, this also applies everywhere, I have worked with people in the Northern cities who have never been to London, I have worked with Londoners who hardly ever get past the M25.  It doesnt mean that all are like that does it?

I dont understand when its stated that the pace of life is slower in some areas, what does that mean? how is it supposed to show ?

People are doing the same things all over, people dont eat, work, drive or speak faster or slower in some places.

I can see that the bigger the place the busier it will seem, but individuals are all doing the same things at the same pace.

If I am on holiday and go , say to Cornwall, should I say that the pace of life is slower?

I will be slower when there because I am on holiday, but the people providing goods and services for me will be working very hard and at the same pace as people elsewhere.

I dont understand why some people assume that they are superior to people from another area, seems arrogant to me.