Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The virtual absence of frusrated hooligans.....

........these days will ensure that aggressive, Chase out-style protests are unlikely to occur these days.

And when you add the far larger family element attending matches these day - well, Fred is hardly likely to get into aggro or bovver beyond a point when wifey Sharon and little Katie and Johnny are along for a nice afternoon out.

No. I think that this time - if its to happen - it will most likely be through petitions, town hall meetings, media pressure (although from where may be a mystery), threat of bankruptcy, voting with feet, large losses on fancy restaurants which are hardly the ideal investment in a recession/depression etc etc.  

As for those retired hooligans straining at the leash - I think you''ve got a long wait............probably into eternity.

But, that''s just the way I figure it. I could be wrong.[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Topic has 1 Replies"]You were born wrong.[/quote]

You retired or frustrated?

Or a sheep?

OTBC

[/quote]

Does not compute. Please re-input your question.

I think there is a very clear ideological difference between those of us who protested against chase and football hooligans in general. Typical football hooligans cared little about the football and used violence as a form of entertainment. When we protested against chase it was directed at a particular cause and in any case nobody set out to commit acts of violence it was more a defiant show of support for our cause, any violence that did occur was in people defending themselves from the police. I agree with you that our fans need to make their voices heard in the same way as the ''chase out'' protests but advocating hooliganism as the answer is a very stupid thing to do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But then again it could be the frustrating absence of the virtual fans[:|]

[/quote]

Xenophobia is an irrational dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown, like the world outside inner Norfolk,  or of people who are are different from oneself. It comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "stranger," "foreigner," and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear." The term is typically used to describe a fear or dislike of non-Norfolk investors,  wariness of longstanding non-resident City fans, or of people significantly different from oneself.

[:|]

OTBC

Why are you still going on about protesting??!!  1.  It won''t happen 2. Do you really want to protest rather than seeing your team watch Championship football next season??!!  Get behind the team for god''s sake!!!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

........these days will ensure that aggressive, Chase out-style protests are unlikely to occur these days.

And when you add the far larger family element attending matches these day - well, Fred is hardly likely to get into aggro or bovver beyond a point when wifey Sharon and little Katie and Johnny are along for a nice afternoon out.

No. I think that this time - if its to happen - it will most likely be through petitions, town hall meetings, media pressure (although from where may be a mystery), threat of bankruptcy, voting with feet, large losses on fancy restaurants which are hardly the ideal investment in a recession/depression etc etc.  

As for those retired hooligans straining at the leash - I think you''ve got a long wait............probably into eternity.

But, that''s just the way I figure it. I could be wrong.[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

interesting point, apparently the Southampton fans went a bit mad after their 2-2 draw against Burnley, and the Barnsley fans went a bit mad after their 1 -1 draw against Wolves. So  aggressive Chase out style protests do happen elsewhere, just not at Norwich. Not condoning what happened at either of those matches, and hopefully we will win tonight. But if we lose or draw, then I expect -  a few people will leave early, a few will grumble on the way out, and most willl wait for the inevitable article from Doncaster during the close season explaining how we will try to compete in the transfer market with footballing giants like Brentford, but it''s important that we live within our means.

Appeasement never works in any walk of life and until real pressure is put on the current owners/Board to sell up and leave then we are saddled with them and will continue to be in decline.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why oh why do people think that you can''t protest AND get behind the team?
[/quote]

You are then contradicting your own actions!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why oh why do people think that you can''t protest AND get behind the team?
[/quote]

You are then contradicting your own actions!

Graham Humphrey wrote - Why oh why do people think that you can''t protest AND get behind the team?

We are Norwich, super Norwich wrote - You are then contradicting your own actions!

Barclay_Boy wrote - by protesting against the Board re the way the club is run, ie lack of transfer funds to bring in better players, you are actually supporting the team, and improving the long term prospects of the team being able to compete with players of it''s own and hopefully win a few football matches. And demonstrating that you aren''t prepared to put up with the rubbish we''ve been served up over the last few years.

by supporting the Board re the way the club is run, re lack of transfer funds to bring in better players, you are actually damaging the club and it''s long term prospects.

Does that make it any clearer for you?

No, thought not