Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

GUNN NOT FIRST CHOICE

Adrian bothroyd turned us down because he would not accept a contract till end of season.jan 23rd mumby said there was only one man for the job.what a joke.

Why don''t you all get off your high horses about this for the next 36 hours. Let the inquest''s into the board and management be put on hold and every single one of you get behind the team.

The next week is one of the most important in the clubs history and negativity will not help.

Let''s make tomorrow night a cauldrom of noise at Carrow Road.

ON THE BALL CITY

not at all ,

i dont it matters who they throw in anyway , no managers going to have money to do anything , so i dont think it would have mattered if we got even ferguson in , !!!!

[quote user="canarytim8"]

Why don''t you all get off your high horses about this for the next 36 hours. Let the inquest''s into the board and management be put on hold and every single one of you get behind the team.

The next week is one of the most important in the clubs history and negativity will not help.

ON THE BALL CITY

[/quote]

Yes, you''d like that wouldn''t you Delia?[:|]

ON THE BALL CITY

[/quote]I don''t see why being critical of the board precludes one from supporting the team. Surely you can do both which is what a lot of people (me included) will be doing. [Y]

Get stuffed Wiz. You are just a bitter numpty and your comments on this board are not a true representation of a true norwich City fan.

Just go away

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I thought Worthy was first choice?......Or was it just tittle tattle?[/quote]

Worthy was the only choice... and it would of been disasterous!

he turned us down to see it out with N I. the board panicked.. along came Gunn... i think Gunnys done a fairly reasonable job in his time here but it shows yet more shortcomings for the board.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I thought Worthy was first choice?......Or was it just tittle tattle?[/quote]

Worthy was the only choice... and it would of been disasterous!

he turned us down to see it out with N I. the board panicked.. along came Gunn... i think Gunnys done a fairly reasonable job in his time here but it shows yet more shortcomings for the board.

jas :)

[/quote]

Technically he didn''t turn it down....the Northern Ireland management refused to give Norwich permission to speak to him.  I suspect he would have turned it down if an approach had been allowed - I think you fall into the "once bitten, twice shy" category with Worthy.

Get stuffed Wiz. You are just a bitter numpty and your comments on this board are not a true representation of a true norwich City fan.

Just go away

[/quote]Someone''s a bit of a cranky canary this morning. [:P]

Just go away

[/quote]

Someone has a lot to learn.[:D]

As I understanded it they wanted Worthy for one game to buy them the international break to sort it out. They had to clear this with his employers before they approached him though. I could be wrong though but I can''t honestly believe they would have offered him the job for the rest of the season. Of course they could have secretly been hoping that he would win that game allowing them to invite him to stay on for the next and so on.

Shame we ever got rid to be honest.

Worthy or Grant[:^)]

Worthy or Roeder[:^)]

Worthy or Gunn[:^)] Although I''m seriously hoping that we can answer Gunn or Gunn''s legacy to that question.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I understanded it they wanted Worthy for one game to buy them the international break to sort it out. They had to clear this with his employers before they approached him though. I could be wrong though but I can''t honestly believe they would have offered him the job for the rest of the season. Of course they could have secretly been hoping that he would win that game allowing them to invite him to stay on for the next and so on.

Worthy or Gunn[:^)] Although I''m seriously hoping that we can answer Gunn or Gunn''s legacy to that question.

[/quote]

No, the plan was to jobshare with NI till the end of the season which  is what the NI head honcho told Worthy.  As Worthy subsequently said, a potential recipe for disaster to both organisations. 

Just go away

[/quote]

Statistically speaking, someone who has made over 10,000 posts is not going to GO AWAY ! Love him or hate him ( and thought of either sends shivers down my spine ) he is here for good so you''d better get used to it ![:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No, the plan was to jobshare with NI till the end of the season which  is what the NI head honcho told Worthy.  As Worthy subsequently said, a potential recipe for disaster to both organisations. 

[/quote]

And so we still find ourselves in a stew....without the Irish.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that before or after Betty Boothroyd[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that before or after Betty Boothroyd[:^)]

[/quote]

Impossible to say because Boothroyd denies he has had any conversations with Norwich City following Roeder''s departure.

And It''s Still very clear to see, we have a boardroom that have not learned from thier mistakes, they have been cocking it up for almost 13 years, they will never get it right and never get us back into the Premier league, thy have murdered our club  

Where has the information on this thread come from?  Haven''t seen it linked to any story anywhere, so presume it is just rumour.

I had heard from a couple of people that Mark Robins was wanted but would/could not come until the Summer, hence us going with Gunn - and only giving him the contract until the end of the season so that we could take stock in May.  Have no idea whether it was true or not, but imo it is as likely/unlikely as the Adie B link.

Some fans make me laugh - Boothroyd getting stick for long ball... Many fans will remember the brief tenure of Martin O''Neill at Norwich of which some fans get all misty eyed about. I''d been going to since 1980 and some fans I knew at that point had been going since late 60''s/early 1970''s and we all agreed on one thing - the football played under O''Neill was the worst we had seen a Norwich side play - BUT it worked.

Norwich fans need to get real - It''s results what count - I couldn''t give a monkeys how this happens as long as it does. Classic or long ball, I just don''t care. Aidy would of been a good appointment for Norwich, but he wasn''t a yes man, so nevermind.

The appointment of Gunn I still feel is one of the most hopeless ever made in football. Only Les Reed at Charlton comes worse in my view. I''m not blaming Gunn as he may of never have got the chance again, but the board shouldn''t of even considered it. Gunn has not been a success, he''s just a nice guy who isn''t cut out for the pettyness that exists between the players and plenty more besides. I just wish Bryan had said no.

More slagging off the Worthy one Jas, that makes a change then. One bloody day you might realise if people like you hadn''t got him the sack we probably wouldn''t be on the verge of the 3rd divison and if he had come back in January we''d probably be safe looking forward to the summer now.

[quote user="Shaker"]More slagging off the Worthy one Jas, that makes a change then. One bloody day you might realise if people like you hadn''t got him the sack we probably wouldn''t be on the verge of the 3rd divison and if he had come back in January we''d probably be safe looking forward to the summer now.[/quote]"

He wouldn''t have come back.  He enjoys his lovely walks in North Norfolk and was "tickled"  by Munby''s phone call to Northern Ireland but would not have been interested even if they had "given permission."

"I had some very good times there but it was an unpleasant end. I was very angry at the time but that is in the past but I still wouldn''t go back there.  No way.  I was supposedly too soft but now they''ve seen off Roeder who seems to have been too hard."

[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Shaker"]More slagging off the Worthy one Jas, that makes a change then. One bloody day you might realise if people like you hadn''t got him the sack we probably wouldn''t be on the verge of the 3rd divison and if he had come back in January we''d probably be safe looking forward to the summer now.[/quote]"

He wouldn''t have come back.  He enjoys his lovely walks in North Norfolk and was "tickled"  by Munby''s phone call to Northern Ireland but would not have been interested even if they had "given permission."

"I had some very good times there but it was an unpleasant end. I was very angry at the time but that is in the past but I still wouldn''t go back there.  No way.  I was supposedly too soft but now they''ve seen off Roeder who seems to have been too hard."

[/quote]

Where did that quote come from Cam?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Where did that quote come from Cam?

[/quote]

To The Girl Upstairs, following up the story which broke in the Irish papers both sides of the Border and which was spectacularly "unreported" by Her Majesty''s Norfolk Archant.

When we phoned him in downtown Gunthorpe he had been phoned by all the Irish papers, BBC Northern Ireland, RTE.  PA and us.  At the time not a call from Norfolk.

We thought it was a "reflection" this end.

Subsequently the boy has done good for Northern Ireland, for the moment.

It is possible I may have missed it but I don''t recall Mr Munby''s attempt to lure your Worthy back to Norfok being chronicled much locally.  It was out on PA.

But no he won''t anyway.  A sort of been there, done that sort of thing possibly.

OK Cam, but my understanding of the approach is that it was for permission to ask everyone elses Worthless to take the team for one game (Barnsley) while they had a few meetings and the like to discuss who else they could invite to their now famous interview process.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

OK Cam, but my understanding of the approach is that it was for permission to ask everyone elses Worthless to take the team for one game (Barnsley) while they had a few meetings and the like to discuss who else they could invite to their now famous interview process.

[/quote]

Not so. Smoothy rang the CE of Northern Ireland and asked for permission to approach an under contract person.

Not surprisingly, the CE wanted to know why.  He was told by Munby (as he is required to do in such an approach) that you wanted to know if he would manage Norwich City until the end of the season while job sharing with NI.

It was turned down flat by NI who then phoned Worthless to tell him they had turned it out down flat.

But as he himself said, even if they had not turned it down: "Ridiculous idea.  Both teams could lose out and blame the same person.  Ridiculous."

Norwich then tried to deny it or refused to talk about it but unfortunately were completely ***** by Ireland.

It may well be that Worthless was such as a football manager or even Completely Worthless but this end we don''t think him a fibber.

We think Mr Munby rang up the Northern Ireland FA and tried to borrow Worthless until the end of the season.  Sounds like a late night idea to me.

Come on Nutty....can you imagine?  He came back and you need to beat  Reading and Charlton to stop a drop to the Village League as Ryan eloquently (but uninformed) called it.

You are quite close, I believe, to being a poisoned chalice in managerial terms despite being little and lovely and major in all other respects but I don''t think you will catch the Worthless sipping from it again.

If what you say is right Cam then it was a ridiculous idea. Why would Worthy entertain it. But it doesn''t add up to me, I always believed that despite everything Delia and Worthy parted on good terms. A phone call between friends would not have to constitute an illegal approach becauese nobody would ever know about it. And a one game wonder could not have hurt anyone.

Worthy is a hugely respected football manager, and despite being rubbished on here he has a job that is the envy of many of his countrymen. I would love to see him defy the odds and get them to the finals.