Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

NOW IT'S Up TO US!!

Now that we know the fate of Norwich City is back in our own hands wouldn''t it be nice for the next several days for all of us to get on the positive platform and sing from one song book? If we survive we can all then enjoy being part of a positive end to a disappoing campaign. If we fail then we go down together. What say you?

[quote user="singing canary"]i really have a feeling its still going to go down to the last game !!![/quote]

It''s going to the last game whatever happens on Monday!

But I wonder where people would place Monday''s game in the history of importance at Carrow Road? - one of the top 3 ever???? we need an atmosphere to match that significance - Watford last week X2  ?

[quote user="singing canary"]i really have a feeling its still going to go down to the last game !!![/quote]

SC, I believe it''s already a fact that it''s going down to the last game.

[quote user="canariesaregods"]4 points, just 4 points[/quote]

Maybe, but the really important game is Monday because it changes the scenario of the Plymouth Barnsley match. Anything less than a win for us and Plymouth are safe regardless of whether we win at Charlton on the last day.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

It''s going to the last game whatever happens on Monday!

But I wonder where people would place Monday''s game in the history of importance at Carrow Road? - one of the top 3 ever???? we need an atmosphere to match that significance - Watford last week X2  ?

[/quote]Yes - anybody that knows one of the "protesters" should consider it their duty to make sure that they don''t attend. Tell them to go and pay homage to Roy Keane who they worship so much!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Now that we know the fate of Norwich City is back in our own hands wouldn''t it be nice for the next several days for all of us to get on the positive platform and sing from one song book? If we survive we can all then enjoy being part of a positive end to a disappoing campaign. If we fail then we go down together. What say you?

[/quote]

Quite agree Yankee lets all get into positive mood, concentrate 100% on our club and will them on to 3 pts on Monday night.

Its all back in our own hands and we have everything to play for.

CMON YOU YELLOWS

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Quite agree Yankee lets all get into positive mood, concentrate 100% on our club and will them on to 3 pts on Monday night.

Its all back in our own hands and we have everything to play for.

CMON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]

Yes bang on, we can''t let the Scumm have the last word, onwards and upwards, I also have a feeling if Birmingham win tonight Reading will rest players up for the playoffs, giving us another bit of hope help call it what you want  

I''ve never in my life been more up for a City game than i am for Monday''s... bring it the f**k on

Well how many times have the supporters got right behind the team only for the chosen eleven players not to turn up or only turn up for one half. We cab fill the stadium make all the noise we want but if those on the grass decide they are not up for it it won''t make any difference.

Its not up to us its up to the team chosen on the night here''s hoping.

If i could get inspired to play and try my hardest at school boy football with me and my friends parents chanting and singing i''d say the 11 who start on monday can with 25,000 people behind them.

Most of this season the fans can''t be bothered to finish singing ''On The Ball City'', Watford was the first time i recall it being finished since November when Ipswich came to town

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Well how many times have the supporters got right behind the team only for the chosen eleven players not to turn up or only turn up for one half. We cab fill the stadium make all the noise we want but if those on the grass decide they are not up for it it won''t make any difference.

[/quote]

Agreed, but if these players don''t want this on Monday night, then the lot of them can f*** off as farm as I''m concerned,-     I just wish I could be on that pitch!

[quote user="Lambo"]

If i could get inspired to play and try my hardest at school boy football with me and my friends parents chanting and singing i''d say the 11 who start on monday can with 25,000 people behind them.

Most of this season the fans can''t be bothered to finish singing ''On The Ball City'', Watford was the first time i recall it being finished since November when Ipswich came to town

[/quote]Spot on! NO EXCUSES!!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ridgeman"]

[/quote]

Agreed, but if these players don''t want this on Monday night, then the lot of them can f*** off as farm as I''m concerned,-     I just wish I could be on that pitch!

[/quote]

Totally agree with this sentiment. If they don''t at least show fire and passion on Monday, then they can collectively f-off.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]Spot on! NO EXCUSES!!!

[quote user="ridgeman"]

[/quote]

Ridgeman, I understand I''m not the one who should be saying this ( because I am not at the games ) because of the frustration you have experienced, but it no longer matters what has gone on before. What''s required in the last two games is for everyone associated with the club to summon the greatest amount of positivity possible and hope that it materialises into the right outcome, both on and off the pitch.

..the greatest amount of positivity possible and hope that it materialises into the right outcome..If only the expression of ones  optimism or pessimism had any miniscule affect whatsoever on the outcome of this miserable scenario then I would say yes to your ''Rally Around the Flag'' call, sadly it never has and never will.The objective truth is that we have a team superior in every department, fighting for the reward of a lucrative future in the premiership pitted against a ghost team fighting on behalf of a community which will not be paying their wages next season whatever the outcome.Repeating what I wrote in my last postAs we are now, one point is all I expect -and that’s where my money is- from the two crunchiest of matches  in the history of NCFC .I wish so much that it were otherwise but alas we just haven’t enough skill, motivation or leadership to do any better than we are.Note that the bulk of our team will be elsewhere next season and that they have their own families and futures to consider so putting it in where it hurts risking injury makes little sense to them. It is only the fans who get relegated and not the team of plenty as they are merely wandering minstrels playing their music to the highest bidder seeking affluent lifestyles more like mercenaries in the guise of idols.So don’t expect too much on Monday nevertheless cheer them on and add as much vocal support as is humanely possible and hope to ridicule my analysis sometime next week - nothing would make me happier.

[quote user="Getalife"]..the greatest amount of positivity possible and hope that it materialises into the right outcome..If only the expression of ones  optimism or pessimism had any miniscule affect whatsoever on the outcome of this miserable scenario then I would say yes to your ''Rally Around the Flag'' call, sadly it never has and never will..[/quote]Absolute rubbish. You''re saying a passionate crowd cannot influence a match? Tell that to a Liverpool fan.It''s only one factor, & it''s overall effect is difficult to quantify, but it''s far from "miniscule".Objectively speaking, this is tripe.

You''re saying a passionate crowd cannot influence a match? NO that’s what you are saying (with respect) they are your words not mine.I am saying however DO support the team vocally as below.QUOTE...nevertheless cheer them on and add as much vocal support as is humanely possible...Now they ARE my words.If you read the post again but more carefully then I am sure you will find that sentence with relative ease.I believe that you innocently missed the salient point of my post - feelings have no bearing at all on the result, unless you believe in auto-suggestion so therefore express what is there and not what you wish may happen. Good luck however on your boosting moral crusade- can’t do any harm.

We need to play ourpart too, make it as loud as the Wolves game and it will be good. Evening games are always the best for me and I will sing till my lungs bleed, lets hope the players respond. It will be nervy thou and if were down in the latter parts of the 2nd half, there will be some moans which won''t help the players.

Come on City. As big if not bigger game then the Fulham game.

Getalife, have you stopped to think before you actually wrote something down? I''ll say it again, hopefully for effect. Have you stopped to think before you wrote something down? If expression of feelings and emotion has no influence from one to another then what compelled you to express your opinion on this thread which, after all, was simply an expression of a rallying call which most Norwich fans can readily buy into heading into the last two games? Presumably you believed in your thought enough to share it.

AHa!!  Now I see your point Yankee.

You  write down your point of views twice to make it twice as relevant.

Excellent stuff and thank you for your polite riposte.

Blind Searing Passion is what we need at the match but a cool head and a polite

manner is preffered on the bulletin board so that we may encourage our fellow

fans to express politely whatever opinion they rightfully have even if they

differ from our own, if you see where I am going on that one.

Lighten up friend this is not the end and of course I will be giving my all

tomorrow night, I''m sure you wish you could be there.

i''m sure every city fan will give the boys a big vocal boost on tomoz nite - as has already been noted - the prematch otbc rendition at the last home mtach was spot on,,,sure the punters will do their bit - but whether it will have a dynamic boost - is doubtful - even rooney said man u needed an early goal 2nd half to raise the supporters who had gone quiet!!!it seems even the prawn eating supporters of man u are allowed to go quiet if their side is playing crap and losing 2 nil at home - and that by young waynes comments - it was down to the man u players to start playing and get the supporters noisy again...as for the match - obviously i want naaarwich to win - but the recent performances dished by the city squad give little real cause for confidence...at most - we should be allowed to be optimistic...but for my money,,,a draw or loss is the most realistic outcome - i''m struggling to recall a match where the legends have sent the players out to give a second half performance worthy of a deserving win...

CMON NORWICH FANS LETS UNITE AND GET INTO POSITIVE MOOD

[quote user="Getalife"]You''re saying a passionate crowd cannot influence a match? NO that’s what you are saying (with respect) they are your words not mine.I am saying however DO support the team vocally as below.QUOTE...nevertheless cheer them on and add as much vocal support as is humanely possible...Now they ARE my words.If you read the post again but more carefully then I am sure you will find that sentence with relative ease.I believe that you innocently missed the salient point of my post - feelings have no bearing at all on the result, unless you believe in auto-suggestion so therefore express what is there and not what you wish may happen. Good luck however on your boosting moral crusade- can’t do any harm.[/quote]This makes no sense at all. How would you expect a crowd of football supporters to express their optimism & support? Sit in mute silence? And if they roar their heads off in support? I presume you would concede that crowds can influence matches - they can certainly influence referees - whether this would be sufficient to get a result is another matter, but it is NOT a negligible contribution.If you saw a friend in distress, would you not try to help? Even if the help were insufficient??Incidentally, it''s humanly, not humanely. Unless you''re worried about offending the opposition!Final question: are you Alastair Campbell in disguise??!

If you saw a friend in distress, would you not try to help? Even if the help were insufficient??Yes of course I would do the very same thing as yourself Ron I would sing ''On the ball city to my friend'' and hope it would ease the distress then the next time or two my friend was  in distress I would sing to him ''C’mon you yellows''. Then when he persisted in  inflicting distress upon himself over and over I would start another optimism forum thread, that should do the trick. I mean what on earth should the friend expect  from me; a realistic appraisal of why he was so unfortunate?Incidentally, it''s humanly, not humanely. Unless you''re worried about offending the opposition!Of course I’m worried about offending the opposition Ron, we don’t need to agitate them to get all fired up, the job will be difficult enough even if  they turn up half asleep, have you seen their record to date- where have you been all season?Now seriously it does appear I have not made my point plainly enough for everyone to understand and that’s my fault, dutifully acknowledged. So here I go again brief and simple.1.Understand the difference between constructive or heartfelt criticism and the dreaded buzzzz word ''negativity''Don’t corrupt  the meaning of the word ''positive'' by confusing it with unfounded optimism. To move forward it is first necessary to accept where you are at and not where you wish you were, that’s  being in denial the most negative state of mind I am told. 2. Cheer our team along from the terraces hoping for a miracle whatever your feelings and never ever ever Boo (unless you really have to or believe you are not getting value for money effort.)Final question: are you Alastair Campbell in disguise??!Only one question at a time please: Final answer!!!

Pah! I don''t know ''NOW IT''S UP TO US!....The US get everywhere....Vietnam, Grenada, Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan...and now they think they''ll save us from relegation by sending the 82nd Airborne and a few Navy soccer seals.....It''ll take us another 60 years to pay them back.

Damn Yanks, caused enough trouble in East Angular during the 1940s....Bubblegum, silk stockings an'' chasin'' our wimmin!