Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Accounts: Why no Sky money?

As a share holder I was quite looking forward to seeing what kind of figures the club had spent/received in the last year.  However, Doomcaster, er sorry, Doncaster has said that the figures “include all of the costs of promotion but none of the lucrative Premier League Sky television deal”.

Can anyone explain why?

Hi the Sky money wont show as that will be received in the next financial year.

A Ltd company has a period of time to file their yearly accounts and also ask for an extension upto 18 months this is usually the case if they are expecting a big upturn/increase in finances.

Im not sure when Citys actual financial year end was the actual last day but I can only presume it was in September?

So next years will show the Sky money and also the increased expenses iee bonus''s adn increased salaries and also Chris Suttons 25K a week!

Norwich City I assume, are being somewhat prudent regarding their financial situation. As everyone knows, a fool and his/her "wad" are easily parted. I don''t think City have an hidden agenda concerning disclosure of their accounts, but come the January transfer debacle, they don''t want prospective selling clubs to know we have "Brewsters millions".  We have to be a bit careful, as it certainly hasn''t done last seasons Premiership teams any good.

This situation reminds me of a bloke who I served with in the military. He always carried two packets of fags on his personage. One packet was nearly full, and the other contained just the one. Yep! when one of the guys asked him for a ciggy, he would open the pack and say "Sorry chum, it''s my last one!" I believe he is now a successful businessman....  OTBC ;~)

[quote]Norwich City I assume, are being somewhat prudent regarding their financial situation. As everyone knows, a fool and his/her "wad" are easily parted. I don''t think City have an hidden agenda concernin...[/quote]

good analogy Mello !