Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 38 of the free bet season. This week it’s Obiwancanary in charge and making the final selections. Obiwan has been a consistent picker on the free bet and Ray noticed his potential earlier this season and I know was pleased as punch that Obiwan agreed to making the final selections this week.

Last weeks thread got rather lost after the events of the weekend but I’d just like to repeat how unlucky I thought our friend Norfolkchance was. Once again it was five out of six and the fact that we have won or been very close for weeks now is testament to the quality of selectors we have together each week on this thread.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to our good friend Obiwancanary now. Good luck to you Obi do your own thing and I’m sure all your choices will be good ones….. Take it way Obiwancanary.. the free bet is yours…..[:)]....

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which is now amended to…

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £516 for the Academy,so far.

Cardiff to beat the filth - last game at Ninian Park, Cardiff need to cement their place in the play-offs, the unmentionables have nothing to play for. Good luck Obiwan and all you pups [:D][:D]

Off to the Blue Square Prem and a home win for Cambridge Utd v. Altrincham.

Cambridge are W14 D5 L3 F34 A15 at home and Altrincham are W6 D3 L13 F19 A37 away.

Cambridge do have a chance to be champions and get automatic promotion should Burton Albion lose!

Good Luck, Obiwancanary!

cardiff have been playing twice a week for yonks and surely will be shattered this weekend - meanwhile - fresh from their derby victory and heartened by the sacking of jimbo mag - expect ipswich to shaft davy jone''s men good and proper like...ipswich to beat cardiff @ 9/2...wtf - wot value!!![:O]

Thank you Nutty and thank you for all of the suggestions so far. I will make my selections on Friday evening so please give me as many "naps" as possible to choose from!!

To League One this week, the Posh need two wins to be sure of that automatic promotion place, wanting to avoid the lottery of the playoffs. So sorry Cam, but I can only see this going one way.....Colchester United vs Peterborough United - away winGood luck everyone!

[quote user="Fonejacker"]To League One this week, the Posh need two wins to be sure of that automatic promotion place, wanting to avoid the lottery of the playoffs. So sorry Cam, but I can only see this going one way.....

Colchester United vs Peterborough United - away win

Good luck everyone!
[/quote]

You may be right but I fancy it as a draw, especially as the Manager has told all the players that the last few performances will determine who stays and who goes.  Wholesale clearout for the summer either way.

Scottish League Division Three

Elgin v East Stirling - AWAY WIN

East Stirling have an outside chance of winning the League, in itself a remarkable situation for a club who previously held the record for propping up the league in successive seasons.  I am sure they will go for this one against the bottom club.

Tranmere (15-4-3, 40-19 at home this season, 4-1-1 in the last 6 games) vs Yeovil (6-4-12, 14-36 away this season, 2-2-2 in the last 6 games) - Home WinTranmere are trying to stay in the play-offs, and are currently in 6th place, 1 point ahead of Scunthorpe.  Yeovil are 4 points from safety, and could get dragged into the bottom 4, but are unlikely to have enough to stop Tranmere.

I found this week really hard so had to search even deeper than usual for a good''un. And that took me to the second tier of Spanish football. Top of the league Deportivo Xerez play host to bottom of the league Sevilla FC 2. Although Deportivo only just scraped a 2-1 win away earlier in the season, the 22 places and 50 points difference has made me convince.

Nigel: Please note this is Deportivo Xerez and Sevilla 2 in the second tier of Spain. It is nothing to do with Sevilla or Deportivo of the top flight. [:)]

Deportivo Xerez V Sevilla FC 2 - Home win.

This week I''m off to the Blue Square Premier:

Oxford Utd    v    Northwich    HOME WIN

Good Luck Obiwan and all the Pickers[Y][:D]

Another visit to Europe for me this week. Its the German Bundesliga and

Wolfsburg v Energie Cottbus - Home Win

Wolfsburg are top and have 10 wins in a row (including a 5-1 over Bayern Munich!!), Cottbus are second bottom and have lost 6 of their last 7.

Good luck all PUPs, and Obiwan - use the force.

Blue Square South for me this week:-

Chelmsford v Weston-S-Mare. Home win.

A new one for me this week with a venture into Belgium. And I''ll go for......

Anderlecht v Dender.....Home win.

The very best of luck Obi and all my fellow pup''s.[Y]

My nap this week is an unusual one for me I''m going to go for PAOK Salonika to beat Panserraikos fc in greece, PAOK have won 7 out of last 10 at home and Panserraikos haven''t won in last 10 away.

Good Luck Obiwancanary

Portugal this week for me. Porto at home are P12 W7 D4 L1 F19 A6 while Setubal away record reads P12 W1 D4 L7 F2 A17. Porto need to win games like this with Sporting Lisbon just 4 points behind them.

Porto          V            Setubal             Home win

Good luck all you PUPs[:)]

Lucky you Obiwancanary , you have caught me on peak form, after a run of six matches where my teams didn''t score a single goal I am back on cracking form with a great winning run of one ![:$]

So thus emboldened I am this week going for :-

Manchester (very) United to beat Tottenham (not so hot) Spurs ! 5:30 pm saturday.

Good luck mate