Sign in to follow this  
Net Cureton

Jamie and the 4 points he got for Barnsley

Not seen anything recently regarding the irony of Rodent letting Jamie out to Barnsley on loan earlier this season and scoring in games which won 4 points towards the Barnsley cause.

Just wondering what people''s thoughts were on this.

Obviously great move by Gunn to take him back if only to prevent further points accumulation for Barnsley which may have done for us before now.

It was actually three points - and if we go down it''s down to our own incompetence, nothing to do with Cureton going to Barnsley. The amount of points we''ve thrown away against average opposition at home is shocking.

[quote user="Net Cureton"]

Not seen anything recently regarding the irony of Rodent letting Jamie out to Barnsley on loan earlier this season and scoring in games which won 4 points towards the Barnsley cause.

Obviously great move by Gunn to take him back if only to prevent further points accumulation for Barnsley which may have done for us before now.

[/quote]Haven''t seen much written about how Jamie''s howling misses cost us AT LEAST 6 points this season, and could quite easily have kept us up. Nor have I seen how, if Barnsley had signed a proper striker, they would have been EVEN FURTHER away from us by now. And nobody''s mentioned that, if Gunny had left him at Barnsley, he may still be missing sitters for them, putting them right back in the mire?It''s because we are where we are after 46 games and there''s a damn sight more to it than Jamie scuffing the ball in a couple of times for a different team.

[quote user="Net Cureton"]

[/quote]ASK 1ST WIZ!!!! LOL

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It was actually three points - and if we go down it''s down to our own incompetence, nothing to do with Cureton going to Barnsley. The amount of points we''ve thrown away against average opposition at home is shocking.
[/quote]

Err?  Jamie''s goals =1 win and a draw and gave Barnsley 4 points.

Well, so says the history books!

It''s pointless dwelling on the goals that Jamie scored for Barnsley because not one of you can state with any certainty what would have happened had he not been in their team. The games would certainly have panned out very differently but we have no idea which way. Others might have scored, the team may have conceded more goals, they may have won more of the games that they actually drew or lost. Yes, Jamie played his part in whatever victories they accrued with him in the side, but he also played his part in the games they lost. You cannot categorically state that Jamie alone won them games they would otherwise have lost or drawn.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It was actually three points - and if we go down it''s down to our own incompetence, nothing to do with Cureton going to Barnsley. The amount of points we''ve thrown away against average opposition at home is shocking.[/quote]

[/quote]Wrong - the goal that won the match at Burnley for them gained them two points. Last time I checked two plus one made three. Maths really is not my strong point but I''m pretty sure of this one.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It was actually three points - and if we go down it''s down to our own incompetence, nothing to do with Cureton going to Barnsley. The amount of points we''ve thrown away against average opposition at home is shocking.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wrong - the goal that won the match at Burnley for them gained them two points. Last time I checked two plus one made three. Maths really is not my strong point but I''m pretty sure of this one.
[/quote]

Eh?

''''Spin for England, you could spin for England!''''[:S]

It''s really not hard. Barnsley won 2-1 - therefore take out his goal and they only end up with a draw. So he got them two extra points. I''m not spinning anything.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It''s really not hard. Barnsley won 2-1 - therefore take out his goal and they only end up with a draw. So he got them two extra points. I''m not spinning anything.[/quote]

Are you allowed anythhing sharp where you are?[:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Is that Wiz speak for "I''m know I''m wrong but I can''t possibly admit it so I''ll throw in a meaningless comment to get away from the point"?[/quote]

No, its wiz speak for you''re ruddy potty, and I''m not wasting anymore time with you on this!

That''ll be the day.

One last time. Cureton scored one goal in a 2-1 win over Burnley. Take that out and they only draw 1-1. So that''s two points he gained them.

And he scored in a 1-1 draw against Preston so that''s another point he gained them.

Therefore he gained them THREE points.

Understand?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

That''ll be the day.

One last time. Cureton scored one goal in a 2-1 win over Burnley. Take that out and they only draw 1-1. So that''s two points he gained them.

And he scored in a 1-1 draw against Preston so that''s another point he gained them.

Understand?

[/quote]

No, you can''t simply just take goals out of one game but not in another ffs!...............does anyone else get this looney logic[:S]?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

That''ll be the day.

Understand?

[/quote]

No, you can''t simply just take goals out of one game but not in another ffs!...............does anyone else get this looney logic[:S]?

[/quote]

Actually yes, but it doesn''t really matter, because its what happens from hereon in that will decide whether we stay up.

This is hilarious!

Ok Wiz, one more time....

A draw = 1pt

A Win  = 3pts

Difference = 2pts

Jamie''s goal took them from a draw (1pt) to a win (3pts) therefore a net gain of ....... 2pts.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

That''ll be the day.

Understand?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually yes, but it doesn''t really matter, because its what happens from hereon in that will decide whether we stay up.

[/quote]

My head hurts now![:S][;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It''s really not hard. Barnsley won 2-1 - therefore take out his goal and they only end up with a draw. So he got them two extra points. I''m not spinning anything.[/quote]

Blimey !Confused [*-)]

This is highly subjective anyway. If we hadn''t loaned Cureton to Barnsley somebody else would have played in his place. Either a Barnsley player or more likely another loan player. They may not have scored but the may have thy may have scored 5 in on game and 3 in the next who knows. that would have certainly given them more points than "Jamie" got them and boosted their goal difference to boot. Who knowsOne thing we do know is apart from Wiz none of us gave to hoots about Cureton going to Barnsley at the time!

Just a different slant on the"loan players scoring for other clubs" issue, I wonder what Reading fans are feeling now about Coppell allowing both Lita and Mooney out on loan to us this season now!

They''ve scored 10 goals between them, how many points have they both earned us this season?

I''m sure Reading would rather be playing against a team who were already down tonight?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Just a different slant on the"loan players scoring for other clubs" issue, I wonder what Reading fans are feeling now about Coppell allowing both Lita and Mooney out on loan to us this season now!

They''ve scored 10 goals between them, how many points have they both earned us this season?

I''m sure Reading would rather be playing against a team who were already down tonight?

[/quote]

Between them Lita and Mooney have earned us nine points this season. Obviously it''s impossible to say what would have happened without them (likewise with the Cureton/Barnsley thing) but I certainly don''t think we would have had all those nine points otherwise.

Good move that by Roeder.

Barnsley lumbered themselves with our Jamie, who helped them to a (very) few points.

If they had borrowed a half decent striker (eg. Lita), they would probably have got more points.