Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

We will beat Reading tonight

I am very nervous. But I think we will just do it. Mainly because of our previous record against teams in the top six at Carrow Road, our record in SKY games this season and our record in night games.

I also think it''s interesting to note that if we beat Reading tonight that will be 14 points in six games at Carrow Road against top six teams.

Why oh why can''t we have a similar record against the rest of the teams.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I am very nervous. But I think we will just do it. Mainly because of our previous record against teams in the top six at Carrow Road, our record in SKY games this season and our record in night games. I also think it''s interesting to note that if we beat Reading tonight that will be 14 points in six games at Carrow Road against top six teams. Why oh why can''t we have a similar record against the rest of the teams.[/quote]

I wonder what effect Coppell''s announcement yesterday that he will resign from Reading after the Brum game will have on his players.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I am very nervous. But I think we will just do it. Mainly because of our previous record against teams in the top six at Carrow Road, our record in SKY games this season and our record in night games. I also think it''s interesting to note that if we beat Reading tonight that will be 14 points in six games at Carrow Road against top six teams. Why oh why can''t we have a similar record against the rest of the teams.[/quote]

I wonder what effect Coppell''s announcement yesterday that he will resign from Reading after the Brum game will have on his players.

[/quote]I agree Al - something appears to be "going on" there...Readings recent record reads like a team which is trying to challenge for promotion, but pulling its'' punches for some reason.  Tight at the back, but unable to deliver a killer blow.Readings last 10 matches :Derby (a) - 2-0 winBarnsley (h) - 0-0 drawBlackpool (a) - 2-2 drawSheff Utd (h) - 0-1 defeatCoventry (a) - 0-0 drawPalace (a) - 0-0 drawDonny (a) 1-0 winIpswich (a) 0-1 defeatCharlton (h) 2-2 drawPlymouth (a) 2-2 drawReadings last 6 games : 1 win, 4 draws, 1 defeat - 4 goals scored, 1 against.Readings last 10 games : 2 wins, 6 draws, 2 defeats. 9 goals scored, 6 against.Could it be that they are struggling with the same problem we had under Worthy post relegation ?  A team that is too good for the Championship, but doesn''t want to get broken up by promotion ?  Maybe Coppells announcement will lead to the team playing without fear.  Only one way to find out I suppose...

Coppell leaving at the end of the season has been on the cards for a long time. He''s been saying it all season but they are still hoping he wil change his mind. I get the feeling we might sneak this one too you know. Keep the faith WAY!

Today on sky sports webpage:Steve Coppell is adamant he has made no

decision about his Reading future, amid widespread reports he will quit

the club at the end of the season regardless of whether they are

promoted.
"I am not going to look after my own

future when I have players in the same boat as me and are out of

contract at the end of the season. As always I will chat with the chairman and go from there. The chances are, if we didn''t go up, my future wouldn''t be in my control - but I need a purpose and I want to work."

Seems like he hasn''t made any announcement yet so shouldn''t play a part in tonight''s game

I am dreading tonight to be honest but i just have a feeling we will sneak it.Fingers crossed. As i''ve said on other posts every time i predict a win we lose,so i''ll go for 3-0 Reading.[;)]

[quote user="ridgeman"]Reading have the best goal difference in this league + 31 and they can still get promoted if they win there last two games certainlt no push over.[/quote]That''s just it though Ridgeman - look at their recent form and explain how that belongs to a team with +31 goal difference.  There is something afoot at Reading.  I just hope they don''t resolve it tonight.

the fact Reading playing Brum on last day will give them hope, but let''s end that tonight with a win

i reckon they will draw v Brum and Sheff Utd will sneak 2nd place